Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

1v1 Arena Tournament - Starting Friday 11/10 4PM

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey folks - Has anyone had a chance to try out the new Xbox Arena tournament functionality for Halo Wars 2? If so, how'd it go? I'd love to get some feedback if you've got experience with this cool system.

I just kicked off a small 16 player 1v1 tournament on Xbox in the official Halo club. Registration is open now and the tournament is scheduled to begin tomorrow, 11/10, at 4PM PT.

Anyone can join - but I believe you do have to be a member of the Halo club (which is also open to anyone - though the system doesn't allow for a freely open-join option so you have to 'request' to join and then get invited).

If you'd like to help out and put the Xbox Arena Halo Wars 2 functionality through its paces, please join in! I don't have any fancy prizes this time - we mostly just want to better understand how the system works. But we are looking at doing a more official tournament over the holidays hopefully that will offer some legit prizes. :)

Thanks!
Let me in Ske7ch, I want to participate!
Should be in - I'll keep an eye on the membership queue and respond as quickly as I can. It's a shame a Club can't just be setup for anyone to join at will - it always requires an admin to accept/send out a formal invitation.
ske7ch wrote:
Should be in - I'll keep an eye on the membership queue and respond as quickly as I can. It's a shame a Club can't just be setup for anyone to join at will - it always requires an admin to accept/send out a formal invitation.
How do I register? Now that I'm in?
It's awesome that you guys are starting to do this stuff! But will we ever see a Blitz tournament?

@Ske7ch it would be amazing if we had more customization options for Blitz! As of now, the only thing under the Blitz Lobby Settings are "Change Team Color". You can't even choose what map you want to play on! Lol literally, the only settings you can change are your team colors. A lot of people I've talked to would love some blitz settings like setting all the cards to the same level (Like in Blitz Open), map choice, and starting power.

Those 3 changes alone would be amazing and really bring more life into the Blitz game mode! As for the 1v1 Arena tourney, I'm not really good at 1v1 but maybe if there's a 2v2 or 3v3 tourney I will squad up and join.

Thanks Ske7ch!
Won't be available this weekend, but excited to see how it goes. Def want in on the next go around.
Hey Ske7ch! I agree with nuchey. We would love to be able to have custom match options for Blitz in private matches. We need Blitz Open so we can do tourneys in that. Also there is no spectating for Blitz, can that be added as well? Cheers and much love! -Trexy
Can we get a 3s tourny?
This is great for the community and I really love that were starting to get tournaments going for the game. Sadly I think it will be flooded with voridus and maurader spam if there isnt a balance patch before the tournament.
Starts Midnight in UK damn...thanks
ske7ch wrote:
And people say he doesn't reply to the community. Good Job ske7ch!
More tournaments sound great, even if we can't jump in is there going to be anyway to watch them, even if recorded and posted after would be great.
This is great for the community and I really love that were starting to get tournaments going for the game. Sadly I think it will be flooded with voridus and maurader spam if there isnt a balance patch before the tournament.
That's unlikely as I'm the only good player that uses voridus and I don't plan on playing. The only other viable banished would be pavium so we will probably see marauders though. Hopefully enough people sign up.
any chance it'll be streamed?
I am in if I sign up in time
Isnt it kind of a short notice? I would have loved to participate, but i'm having people over for dinner tonight and this was planned a few days ago. I cant cancel to say, "i'm gonna play a halo wars tournament instead" because my wife will kill me
Pervise wrote:
Isnt it kind of a short notice? I would have loved to participate, but i'm having people over for dinner tonight and this was planned a few days ago. I cant cancel to say, "i'm gonna play a halo wars tournament instead" because my wife will kill me
Do it for the lols
Pervise wrote:
It is a very ad-hoc tournament, they're mainly doing it to test out Arena.

However I too had to brave my wife's wrath to enter lol
Pervise wrote:
This is only a small tournament to get things started with Arena for Halo Wars 2. It's not a big official one. That will come later. If you really want to play in some other tournaments, Ruzylo set up Omega, Alpha, and Bravo teams for people to play in.
Pervise wrote:
This is only a small tournament to get things started with Arena for Halo Wars 2. It's not a big official one. That will come later. If you really want to play in some other tournaments, Ruzylo set up Omega, Alpha, and Bravo teams for people to play in.
That promo tho
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2