Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

1v1 Arena Tournament - Starting Friday 11/10 4PM

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Pervise wrote:
Isnt it kind of a short notice? I would have loved to participate, but i'm having people over for dinner tonight and this was planned a few days ago. I cant cancel to say, "i'm gonna play a halo wars tournament instead" because my wife will kill me
This is only a small tournament to get things started with Arena for Halo Wars 2. It's not a big official one. That will come later. If you really want to play in some other tournaments, Ruzylo set up Omega, Alpha, and Bravo teams for people to play in.
That promo tho
Just trying to get the word out haha. If people want to play, that's a place to start.
ske7ch wrote:
Hey folks - Has anyone had a chance to try out the new Xbox Arena tournament functionality for Halo Wars 2? If so, how'd it go? I'd love to get some feedback if you've got experience with this cool system.

I just kicked off a small 16 player 1v1 tournament on Xbox in the official Halo club. Registration is open now and the tournament is scheduled to begin tomorrow, 11/10, at 4PM PT.

Anyone can join - but I believe you do have to be a member of the Halo club (which is also open to anyone - though the system doesn't allow for a freely open-join option so you have to 'request' to join and then get invited).

If you'd like to help out and put the Xbox Arena Halo Wars 2 functionality through its paces, please join in! I don't have any fancy prizes this time - we mostly just want to better understand how the system works. But we are looking at doing a more official tournament over the holidays hopefully that will offer some legit prizes. :)

Thanks!
Do you k ow how long the wait time is to be accepted in the Halo Club?
I'm checking the queue as often as I can for the Halo club - just cleared it out if anyone was waiting. Right now we're at 10/16 signed up players.

I know this was short notice - this is just meant to be a quick test to see how the system works. I'm told that so far there hasn't been even one tournament actually completed - I see a ton of user made tournaments in the system but none of them are anywhere near having enough players to actually get it off the ground.

After Thanksgiving we're going to put together a larger tournament with more lead time, more players, more promotion and some real prizes!

I'm thinking of just keeping it at 1v1 for now to make it a little easier on folks - less coordination, less chance of a possible de-sync, etc... We can always grow it from there.

I've also considered Blitz - which is supported by Arena - but honestly wasn't sure how folks would react with the "Pay to win" sentiment. I don't think Arena currently has the ability for a Blitz tournament to cap the card levels so we'd be in that situation where folks who have more packs/higher cards would have a decent advantage. Then again, not a lot of folks are actively into Blitz and by this stage I expect most people have achieved roughly the same average level decks.

What type of Arena tournament would you want to see?
ske7ch wrote:
I'm checking the queue as often as I can for the Halo club - just cleared it out if anyone was waiting. Right now we're at 10/16 signed up players.

I know this was short notice - this is just meant to be a quick test to see how the system works. I'm told that so far there hasn't been even one tournament actually completed - I see a ton of user made tournaments in the system but none of them are anywhere near having enough players to actually get it off the ground.

After Thanksgiving we're going to put together a larger tournament with more lead time, more players, more promotion and some real prizes!

I'm thinking of just keeping it at 1v1 for now to make it a little easier on folks - less coordination, less chance of a possible de-sync, etc... We can always grow it from there.

I've also considered Blitz - which is supported by Arena - but honestly wasn't sure how folks would react with the "Pay to win" sentiment. I don't think Arena currently has the ability for a Blitz tournament to cap the card levels so we'd be in that situation where folks who have more packs/higher cards would have a decent advantage. Then again, not a lot of folks are actively into Blitz and by this stage I expect most people have achieved roughly the same average level decks.

I love 1s, but a 3s tournament would draw a lot of people. Me and my friends could make 2 or more teams with enough notice.
That a shame all full up
Here's a question, are there any rules to this tournament like no Pavium/Voridus or Thick Hide? Or do we have a gentleman's agreement not to use those?

Or is it fair game?
Here's a question, are there any rules to this tournament like no Pavium/Voridus or Thick Hide? Or do we have a gentleman's agreement not to use those?

Or is it fair game?
I think the Voridus nerf might balance him with the rest of the leaders

Or is it fair game?
I think the Voridus nerf might balance him with the rest of the leaders
But the nerf isn't in effect right now
Onl 16 spots??? Is it too late for a wild card slot?
ske7ch wrote:
*snip*

I know a lot of people who are big into blitz and would jump at this opportunity, myself included. Can you pass along our request for Blitz Open and Spectator Mode in customs along to the devs? I'm sure we'll have to wait another month for it to come, but if it is coming I would still be so grateful!
ske7ch wrote:

Hi, I was trying to get an invitation from your club. Can you add me?
About the promo thing, I feel if you put some real prize on it a lot of people will participate, but still promo is important. If it is a real prize maybe then a small ad on youtube or ask important channels like BTC to make the announcement.
How'd tournament go? Anywhere to see any of the game play and/or results?
How'd tournament go? Anywhere to see any of the game play and/or results?
I think if you're part of the Halo club on Xbox you can see the bracket, but none of the games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2