Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

1v1 tier list

OP KenzoHD YT

So with the new season i wanted to give a few weeks for things to settle out, what’s everyone’s opinion on a tier list for all the leaders thus far?
Colony, Deci, Ship, Pavium, Kinsano and Atriox seem to be the obvious stronger choices but every other leader is still usable.

If i had to make a list, it would look somewhere like this...

<Gods>
1 Deci
2 Ship
3 Colony
4 Atriox
5 Pavium

<Demi-Gods>
6 Kinsano
7 Arby
8 Jerome
9 Anders

<Really Good>
10 Forge
11 Yap
12 Voridus
13 Cutter >>>MOST BALENCED

<Good>
14 Serina
15 Johnson

<BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDÐDDDS>
16 Isabel

Thing about this list though is to take it with a grain of salt as many of the leaders are VIABLE, Isabel still sucks a little. I consider Cutter to be the most Balenced leader in the game and he is 4 places from the bottom. He has a little something for everything but not too harsh and his hero is not a army of one.
Broken- Jerome

High- Colony, Kinsano, Cutter, Anders, Atriox, Pavium, Shipmaster, Arbiter, Forge, Voridus

Mid- Johnson, Decimus, Isabel, YapYap

Low- Serina
<Gods>
1 Deci
Care to explain? Decimus loses to everyone I listed above him except maybe Kinsano.
Broken- Jerome

High- Colony, Kinsano, Cutter, Anders, Atriox, Pavium, Shipmaster, Arbiter, Forge, Voridus

Low- Serina
Care to explain why Isabel isnt dumpster? I would like to see a video of you using isabel beating anyone who is decent.

She has not early/mid game

Do you just do that to trigger me. She has no power spikes
EiTeNeR wrote:
Care to explain why Isabel isnt dumpster? I would like to see a video of you using isable beating anyone who is decent.

She has no early/mid game
Because when Hogs are good Isabel is good, and Hogs are good right now.

She has the Spartan, so that automatically makes her trouble for a lot of Banished. Then mid game she has acc assembly Hogs. Her late game is very oppressive, with shielded Gales with holo hornets making her air some of the best in the game.
<Gods>
1 Deci
Care to explain? Decimus loses to everyone I listed above him except maybe Kinsano.
OK then you got your own list and i have mine. He is still one of the best choices in the game.
EiTeNeR wrote:
Care to explain why Isabel isnt dumpster? I would like to see a video of you using isable beating anyone who is decent.

She has no early/mid game
Because when Hogs are good Isabel is good, and Hogs are good right now.

She has the Spartan, so that automatically makes her trouble for a lot of Banished. Then mid game she has acc assembly Hogs. Her late game is very oppressive, with shielded Gales with holo hornets making her air some of the best in the game.
ACC assembly hogs are worthless unless you some how quick tech with your opponent not doing anything.

You will cannot beat anyone good with Isabel. I know that her super late game horents plus gales are good. Wingman hornets are good in general. But she will never get there. She is trash.

Post games using her beating Forge, Decimus, Atriox, Cutter and I wil agree that she is at the same level as them

And I know she can't beat Jerome, Anders, colony, ship or arby
EiTeNeR wrote:
EiTeNeR wrote:
ACC assembly hogs are worthless unless you some how quick tech with your opponent doing anything.

You will it beat anyone good with Isabel. I don't doubt that her super late game horents plus gales are good. Wingman hornets are good in general. But she will never get there. She is trash.

Post games using her beating Forge, Decimus, Atriox, Cutter and I wil agree that she is at the same level as them
Hogs are good even without acc assembly without fast teching. They're the go to choice for most UNSC in mid.

I don't claim that she is on the same level as Forge, Atriox, or Cutter. I claim she's on the same level as YapYap, Johnson, and Decimus while being better than Serina.
Accelerated Assembly is still not good compared to other UNSC powers. So she can get two points in assembly where as other UNSC can get a nuke and defensive power.

Even at one point you are only saving 25 supply. I don't think this justfies anything when 4th point Kinsano and forge are both stronger
EiTeNeR wrote:
EiTeNeR wrote:
ACC assembly hogs are worthless unless you some how quick tech with your opponent doing anything.

You will it beat anyone good with Isabel. I don't doubt that her super late game horents plus gales are good. Wingman hornets are good in general. But she will never get there. She is trash.

Hogs are good even without acc assembly without fast teching. They're the go to choice for most UNSC in mid.

I don't claim that she is on the same level as Forge, Atriox, or Cutter. I claim she's on the same level as YapYap, Johnson, and Decimus while being better than Serina.
If you show me videos beating those leaders then I will be convinced. Play geth in a best of 5 series decimus vs Isabel. You will absolutely lose
EiTeNeR wrote:
EiTeNeR wrote:
EiTeNeR wrote:
If you show me videos beating those leaders then I will be convinced. Play get in a best of 5 series decimsu vs Isabel. You will absolutely lose
Gethy? I don't play Isabel but I'll practice her a bit and ask him to stream it.
EiTeNeR wrote:
EiTeNeR wrote:
EiTeNeR wrote:
If you show me videos beating those leaders then I will be convinced. Play get in a best of 5 series decimsu vs Isabel. You will absolutely lose
Gethy? I don't play Isabel but I'll practice her a bit and ask him to stream it.
Yeah auto correct. But yeah that would be great. I am ready to be proven wrong
Quote:
You cannot beat anyone good with Isabel. .

That's interesting. In season 1 of HWCL Almirante beat Mandalay as Isabel vs. Shippy, and I don't need to point out how strong Shippy was then.

EDIT: I think we can all agree that there are better leaders than Isabel. But I dislike when such blanket statements are carelessly thrown out there as though they are pure, undeniable fact.
Quote:

That's interesting. In season 1 of HWCL Almirante beat Mandalay as Isabel vs. Shippy, and I don't need to point out how strong Shippy was then.

EDIT: I think we can all agree that there are better leaders than Isabel. But I dislike when such blanket statements are carelessly thrown out there as though they are pure, undeniable fact.
None of my statements are carelessly thrown around. If she is not good she is not good. Would you prefer me to say that she is only good at the rarest of occasions or when one of the best players in the game uses her?

What about Rock generation most recently losing to agonized storm as Isabel? Skill wise, I would say Almirante (2nd place HWCL) is better than Mandalay just as Rockgeneration is better than agonized storm.
EiTeNeR wrote:
Quote:

None of my statements are carelessly thrown around. If she is not good she is not good. Would you prefer me to say that she is only good at the rarest of occasions or when one of the best players in the game uses her?

What about Rock generation most recently losing to agonized storm as Isabel? Skill wise, I would say Almirante (2nd place HWCL) is better than Mandalay just as Rockgeneration is better than agonized storm.
Saying "you cannot beat anyone good with Isabel" is a careless and inaccurate statement.
EiTeNeR wrote:
Quote:

Saying "you cannot beat anyone good with Isabel" is a careless and inaccurate statement.
Can you win 20% of your matches, only playing isabel, against players who at your skill level or better? What percent would you be confident in?

What if you only played players that you consider better than you? Would you ever win a game as Isabel?

If I need to add some type of clarification just to leave open some possibility for Isabel winning a game I will if it means that we actually have an open conversation about what she sucks at and what she does well or what she does better than other leaders. Make me want to pick Isabel

One thing that she does well is that she has the two most open first leader points in the game.
EiTeNeR wrote:
EiTeNeR wrote:
Quote:

Can you win 20% of your matches, only playing isabel, against players who at your skill level or better? What percent would you be confident in?

What if you only played players that you consider better than you? Would you ever win a game as Isabel?

If I need to add some type of clarification just to leave open some possibility for Isabel winning a game I will if it means that we actually have an open conversation about what she sucks at and what she does well or what she does better than other leaders. Make me want to pick Isavel.
I think you are misunderstanding my argument, which provoked my edit in my initial post. I do not believe Isabel is good. But good players CAN lose to her. Not often enough, I agree with you. I don't think anything or anyone is barring an open discussion about Isabel's poor state, but she does have a few things going for her. As you pointed out, it's nothing that other UNSC leaders don't have or can't do better.
EiTeNeR wrote:
Broken- Jerome

Low- Serina
Care to explain why Isabel isnt dumpster? I would like to see a video of you using isabel beating anyone who is decent.

She has not early/mid game

Do you just do that to trigger me. She has no power spikes
Heavy metal 1 alice with heal 1 with snipers flamers marines grenade throw. Have double gen push t2.

Alice is a monster