Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

2V2 CROSS-PLATFORM

OP M4 PRo48

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
i just cant understand why 2v2 is not cross platform, me and my friend wanted to play together and i play on pc and he plays xbox and so we are forced to do 3v3 if we want to do ranked which means we play with someone we dont know who almost always does not communicate and i just want to play with my friend on the 2v2 maps
note: all other game modes are cross platform
I'm sure the reasons Postums didn't make all game modes X are purely political. If ever gamemode was X, someone would complain about being stomped by PC players. I hear your plight though and totally agree with you. The whole game should be X.
The reason all playlists aren't crossplay is because 343 is trying to collect data to see if PC players have an unfair advantage on console players. If they find that there is no such advantage I'm sure full crossplay would come down the line.
I think only Blitz and Cluster -Yoinks!- (e.g. 3v3) have to be X, due to you not having to manage macro on top of micro.

My argument: In modes with base building mouse control over minimap is too much of an advantage, I’m pretty certain if you compare an average PC and XB APMs, the difference will be very notable.

PS - I nevertheless admire how efficient the the control system is on the console. It’s no small feat making controls fluid for a genre that was essentially built with mouse input in mind.
NewSy2H wrote:
1v1 is crossplay now though.
Hopefully they add it so I can finally play with my friend
You can play 2s, however it would require custom games.
Postums wrote:
yeah.... but... that's not going to allow us to rank up, and vs others from around the world
o Reesez o wrote:
Postums wrote:
yeah.... but... that's not going to allow us to rank up, and vs others from around the world
It's a good place holder till they can make it full crossplay
o Reesez o wrote:
Postums wrote:
I was merely responding to the original complaint which was that xz Assassino zx wanted to finally play with there friend. I was merely pointing out that they can currently. If you however are wanting to play with someone via crossplay in ranked, there are many options currently to do so, but not for Blitz 2v2 unfortunately at this time for your case. We might have that variant ranked in the future as well as crossplay, but currently for Season 10 the playlists that are crossplay are what we will have for the foreseeable future.
Hello Halo please introduce 2v2 crossplay
I like that PC users can cross play and personally I would like to see the opposite disappear so there are MORE players available when your "searching." The option to go one OR the other can make for a long search sometimes. Just saying.
The reason all playlists aren't crossplay is because 343 is trying to collect data to see if PC players have an unfair advantage on console players. If they find that there is no such advantage I'm sure full crossplay would come down the line.
How much data do they need?...been a while.

The game has been well engineered for console which actually makes it a little awkward on PC - I'd be surprised if it turned out PC players had an advantage.

Can we get an ETA on the 2v2 crossplay?
I don't know about you guys, I really feel like the momentum behind the campaign for 2V2 cross-play is really picking up!
Any news on this?

Is ranked 2v2 X going to be introduced before 2019?
Postums any update? 2s have the longest queue time(for me at least) and the counter saying you're looking at data is kinda weird as almost all other playlists are cross play. Thanks in advance.
Postums what's happening we need 2v2 cross! 😆
+1 we really need 2vs2 X ranked crossplay!
Please crossplay for all modes (and I mean only crossplay to merge the playerbase).
Seelenwurm wrote:
Please crossplay for all modes (and I mean only crossplay to merge the playerbase).
At this point I'd be REALLY surprised if we didn't get it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2