Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

2v2 strategies

OP Foucault96

Hi guys, my friend and I are usually playing 2v2 together but we always sucks a lot. Do you have strategies that you can suggest us?
We usually plays as Anders - Forge/Jerome, we tried to rush to T2 and we keep the second base after this, meanwhile we spam marines and infantry anche we tried to obtain the map control but this doesn0t work, help us!

P.s. how we can counter St Jonshon in 2v2?
Get 60-80 pop at the 4 - 5 minute mark and rush, you can either go for the base or attack the the opponent's extractors (your judgment). Go generator, supply pad, supply pad, supply pad, barracks, barracks and augment the generator, and all three of your supply pads (in that order) .Through out the 0-5 minute mark pump marines from your minis and main (you can even toss in some jack rabbits if you want), Also make sure to double pump hell bringers from your two barracks. Make sure to get grenade throw for your marines. Most importantly once you get to your desired pop count destroy one of your barracks and replaced it with a generator, that way if your rush isn't successful you can still get to tech tech two. If you are able to destroy a power building or supply building the rush is successful. Anything more you should be able to win the game easily.
2v2s is basically a t1 game. win on t1.
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
what do you mean? All 2v2 last 25 minutes and over, for my experience
Foucault96 wrote:
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
He is saying you need to control the map tech 1. There are very few maps and leaders that should be quick tech on expecally in 2s

why is because lets say your running forge and your opponent plays t1. Now your both putting your selves st a 2v1 disadvantage. This is why you don’t quick tech is 2>1 or 1>2? Obviously 2>1 so one can’t quick tech and if both of you quick tech that means twice the army is on one base. Where quick tech in a 1v1 is punishable but not to the extent of doing so I’m 2s it 3s

what jeddy means by 2s are won on t1 is what I said above if you are controlling the center have the nodes you basically win unless it’s a high lv 2s game.

you can’t have one guy quick teching while another plays t1. Because the pace of the game is dictated in the first 2 minutes every unit you lose hurts badly early on. You also need to know unit composition what beats what, builds and what to do in certain situations I suggest watching twitch streamers usually the guys with the most views on twitch are good. This is a RTS I can’t give you a short cut to get good this is a game where it takes time to get good unlike FPS
Foucault96 wrote:
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
my 2v2 games last 5-8 mins.(even if its a high lvl game)
you probably need to work on being faster at doing things. and build units. units are good.
but basically your trying to win the game on the first engagement of all the armies. how do you do that? play the t1 game.
after that first engagement goes down whoever loses is unable to repop because of the low eco caused by the 2v2 maps themselves not providing enough building slots.
Thak you guys, i tried your suggests and they work very good. I agree with you, Reek, about RTS games and for this reason i love them.
I have another question, about mid and late game. Sometimes i can get control map in the early game but after that, i lose. I think that i have a problem about going through different phases of matches. What can you tell me about this?

Last one, promise: i usually play as anders cause i like her fast sentinels and cheaper unites upgrades, and i start with infantry, then sentinels and 5 hogs with 3 kodiaks and when the eney strats doing ant-air i recruit cycplops, do you have best strategies or units composition? I know that each situation is different but i need you.

I know that i do a lot of question but i'd like to improve in this game ad also try to improve this community also in my country (Italy), a little bit of pacience please :)
Foucault96 wrote:
Thak you guys, i tried your suggests and they work very good. I agree with you, Reek, about RTS games and for this reason i love them.
I have another question, about mid and late game. Sometimes i can get control map in the early game but after that, i lose. I think that i have a problem about going through different phases of matches. What can you tell me about this?

Last one, promise: i usually play as anders cause i like her fast sentinels and cheaper unites upgrades, and i start with infantry, then sentinels and 5 hogs with 3 kodiaks and when the eney strats doing ant-air i recruit cycplops, do you have best strategies or units composition? I know that each situation is different but i need you.

I know that i do a lot of question but i'd like to improve in this game ad also try to improve this community also in my country (Italy), a little bit of pacience please :)
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/38bd6e2ebbb14e5b9b359bb029588800/topics/hw2-ultimate-multiplayer-guide/9ed060f6-5efa-4608-80a6-11cff3786a27/posts

Thay should help you with most of your questions it would take to long to type I’m a little lazy. But Liam pretty much breaks down the basics. Liam is like a top 15 player if I’m not mistaken you can read all about what you want to know here

but one thing is you need to understand match ups in order to get the most of anders. This guide is for 1s
but in 2s either marine spam with snipes is fine or you can add a hero in but.

bur lets say your playing a yap marine flamz is a better play than snipes it also depends if your partner is banished if they are you can have the banished player go scout or something but you need to understand match ups to get the most out of anders. She is a strong and easy leader so things shouldn’t be to difficult