Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

343 Killed Halo Wars Series

OP HobbinGuy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
They probably are doing this so there assets can focus on Halo Infinite to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible
I think an ipotetic release year of Halo wars 3 like 2023 after 2 years of Halo Infinite
_Halo Wars_ was a fantastic game when it came out in 2009, but it also didn't sell as well because it's an RTS on a console. I thought that would be it and that we'd never see a sequel, especially with the RTS genre dwindling and giving way to MOBA's.

Yet we finally got a sequel.

So it's possible another _Halo Wars_ game will come along in time. I wouldn't expect one for a few years at best though, and probably longer at that.
I am not a big RTS fan so i can't really speak on terms of a gameplay perspective, but the story in those games are some of my favorite parts in Halo lore, to the point i wished Halo 4 and 5 story wise was based on and replaced Halo Wars 2, instead of the stupid forerunner-promethean -Yoink- we got. But still keeping the relationships and characterization we got in 4. Not 5 though. But yeah, great series story wise, dont see why it got nuked, especially when it was barely marketed. Like its someone elses fault that they thought an RTS would get sales for just being a part of Halo lore lmao.
It will be very interesting to see what 343 indicates about the series and its story after Infinite is released. I have to imagine we haven't heard the last of the crew of the spirit of fire or their exploits.
It is a shame as I do also enjoy RTS every now and then, and HW2 did it well! So I guess all we can do for now is just enjoy what we have - which is a fantastic game!
I absolutely love Halo Wars. I was extremely disappointed to hear that there are no plans for another game.

Hopefully in the future this changes.
I absolutely love Halo Wars. I was extremely disappointed to hear that there are no plans for another game.

Hopefully in the future this changes.
I'm fairly confident well get updates a year or so after Infinite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2