Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] 343 why can't we get the steel book case?

OP soccerjedi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I've tried to order from eb games in Australia and unfortunately they don't ship anything outside of Australia or to the United states. So my question is why would you only give it to one region and not all regions for the Ultimate edition?
I have a friend in Australia who I asked to buy a copy and send to me. I also could not buy and ship to US from ebgames.
Maybe because 343 didn't make the steel books but eb games did?
smasher555 wrote:
Maybe because 343 didn't make the steel books but eb games did?
Even still, Gamestop bought out EB Games back in like 2005. There's no real reason it shouldn't be a worldwide Gamestop exclusive since Gamestop owns that company.
Love you guys for bringing this up also. I am so disappointed that we have been forgotten. I sure hope they have something up their sleeve for the U.S. I'm pissed!
Thank you TC! I was going to create a post and rage about this but I see one has already been started.

I cannot being to rationalize the reason for not having a steelbook edition in the US. Hello? We (Americans) are your largest source of income. Charge an extra 20-30 bucks I don't care. But at least make it *bleeping* available! I can't get one on ebgames cause they won't ship here. So wtf am I supposed to do? These country and specific store pre-order bonus B.S. is getting irritating.

Super salty.

By the way, why do representatives say to Tweet @Halo with questions when they never (ever) respond? Pointless and a horrible way of conducting customer service.

Sorry for raging guys, but I feel better. Take care.
Its even worse in Europe.Try getting Gears 4 steelbook here,i see a lot of them in US for fair price but in Europe it seems the Ultimate Edition just vanished.Also i cant believe that Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition doesnt get steelbook everywhere
Its even worse in Europe.Try getting Gears 4 steelbook here,i see a lot of them in US for fair price but in Europe it seems the Ultimate Edition just vanished.Also i cant believe that Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition doesnt get steelbook everywhere
N1k, would you mind providing a link to the ones you've found in the U.S.? I might end up going that route if need be.
Guess you've just got to be Australian.

As an Australian, I'm pretty pissed off because I pre-ordered the damn game before the edition was announced from the Windows Store and I already have Halo Wars DE and stuff so it's too late.

But it's just a steelbook, tho. Nothing to get caught up on.
I love steel books, and my favorite game of all time is halo wars so.... um yeah I definitely want a steel book. The original was offered in a steel book so why the hell wouldnt HW2 be offered in a steel book?!?
N1k, would you mind providing a link to the ones you've found in the U.S.? I might end up going that route if need be.
Just type Gears of war 4 steelbook on ebay.There are dozens of them for a reasonable price.I mostly buy steelbooks separately and then games for it so it costs me less.Have buyed that way:Dragon Age Inquisition,Witcher 3,Quantum Break,Batman Arkham Knight,Deus Ex,Tomb Raider...
Just type Gears of war 4 steelbook on ebay.There are dozens of them for a reasonable price.I mostly buy steelbooks separately and then games for it so it costs me less.Have buyed that way:Dragon Age Inquisition,Witcher 3,Quantum Break,Batman Arkham Knight,Deus Ex,Tomb Raider...
Thanks man! I'll check it out!

As an Australian, I'm pretty pissed off because I pre-ordered the damn game before the edition was announced from the Windows Store and I already have Halo Wars DE and stuff so it's too late.

I know. But I just don't understand why it at least isn't an option.

Exactly what happened to me. I've never Pre-Ordered a game before, but I figure with Halo Wars 2 it was worth it to get Halo wars DE.

That was a mistake, and next time I know I'll be leaving it until the last minute.
I am checking out on the "amazon" kind of store we have here and there is one guys saying he is gonna sell them... I got my one, but I pay for the full game again. XDDDD Still that guy says he will try to get them to sell them separately
Wait why is everyone making a big deal of ordering from Australia
because I live in Australia
is it because GameStop don't give steel books for HW2
if so I give pity to those who can't get the steel book cover for HW2 from GameStop
maybe 343 or GameStop can get shipments of steel book cases from Australia and put em with the HW2 games
so everybody can have some cool steel books with the game preorder

hopefully that GameStop or 343 would decide to allow this
Wait why is everyone making a big deal of ordering from Australia
because I live in Australia
is it because GameStop don't give steel books for HW2
if so I give pity to those who can't get the steel book cover for HW2 from GameStop
maybe 343 or GameStop can get shipments of steel book cases from Australia and put em with the HW2 games
so everybody can have some cool steel books with the game preorder

hopefully that GameStop or 343 would decide to allow this
Its an Australian exclusive 😢
Every region's marketing/product teams do their own retail packages/agreements.

Trust me, I adore steel books and am sad that not even I can get them. :(
Every region's marketing/product teams do their own retail packages/agreements.

Trust me, I adore steel books and am sad that not even I can get them. :(
That is so sad,not even 343i can get the steel book.Such a sad world we're living in.
This is legitimate -Yoink-. The only reason I even bought this game was because of the physical version of the Ultimate Edition. Suffice it so say I will just be sticking to all the other RTS that are available.
So what you're saying is the Ultimate edition here in the states is not in a steelbook case like the Limited edition of Halo Wars 1 was? the one with the Spartans on one side and the arbiter on the other? The one that was really cool because it was packaged in a plastic sleeve so the whole thing could be reversible and displayed if one would desire to do so?

...........Well damn.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2