Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] 5 months later and still no patch tonnerf decimus?

OP chaosguy67

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The majority of the people on here know hes broken... i just cant believe its almost been 5 months since the last patch and still nothing on what they are going to even do to him...

Ive been hearing the "we are looking into him" for a while now.... a new map even game out before decimus could get patched...

Can we get any sort of info on his nerf?
Considering we have one person balancing Halo Wars part time I'm not all that surprised we don't have a patch yet. Stinks, but is understandable.

To answer your question, currently we don't have any information on how Decimus will be nerfed, just that he will be.
I have a feeling we will be getting a patch soon tbh. 2 weeks from now maybe? Who knows, but it’s coming.
My theory is that they did have a patch ready but because the new map is so buggy they delayed it and they are waiting till they have a fix for that and release everything together.
Or hey maybe he's in a good place, lmao
Considering we have one person balancing Halo Wars part time I'm not all that surprised we don't have a patch yet. Stinks, but is understandable.

To answer your question, currently we don't have any information on how Decimus will be nerfed, just that he will be.
One? Thought two were still working on this.
Have you tried...
Anti-Air?
(Long Pause For Emphasize)
Have you tried...
Anti-Air?
Nobody said anything about air. Decimus' ground army is much scarier than banshees in 1v1. Teams both are really strong.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Have you tried...
Anti-Air?
Anti-Air is crap, not that it's weak but it's too expensive in yellow, too slow (especially UNSC) and it can't destroy bases, if you start playing AA because you let your opponent get massive air you are already screwed... The only way to prevent decimus OP air is to attack before he gets too much banshees.

Still air is OP in general in this game, it's fast, doesn't cost much yellow and powerful.
Shawn96 wrote:
Have you tried...
Anti-Air?
Anti-Air is crap, not that it's weak but it's too expensive in yellow, too slow (especially UNSC) and it can't destroy bases, if you start playing AA because you let your opponent get massive air you are already screwed... The only way to prevent decimus OP air is to attack before he gets too much banshees.

Still air is OP in general in this game, it's fast, doesn't cost much yellow and powerful.
You couldn't be even more wrong, Banshees are the worst unit in the game and are the most expensive pop wise for an army.
Wingman Hornets are a bit op though.
Shawn96 wrote:
Have you tried...
Anti-Air?

You couldn't be even more wrong, Banshees are the worst unit in the game and are the most expensive pop wise for an army.
At very high level maybe for the 90% of us, not good at countering them... Banshees in general yes but Decimus banshees no. Now I generally play aggressive enough to prevent it, but I've always had an hard time against full Decimus banshee army or full hornet army.
Shawn96 wrote:
Shawn96 wrote:
Have you tried...
Anti-Air?

At very high level maybe for the 90% of us, not good at countering them... Banshees in general yes but Decimus banshees no. Now I generally play aggressive enough to prevent it, but I've always had an hard time against full Decimus banshee army or full hornet army.
Full pop air is annoying yeah, but stock Hornets (No passives involved to buff them) will still beag Deci Banshees. You can try that if you want to see how it goes, I've never used Air as a counter to air. AA turrets do alot to Air, especially with Fort upgrades
Shawn96 wrote:
Shawn96 wrote:
Have you tried...
Anti-Air?

Its not decimus banshees that are scary lategame, its just decimus in general. If decimus gets to lategame any decent army comp is going to be beat.
chaosguy67 wrote:
The majority of the people on here know hes broken... i just cant believe its almost been 5 months since the last patch and still nothing on what they are going to even do to him...

Ive been hearing the "we are looking into him" for a while now.... a new map even game out before decimus could get patched...

Can we get any sort of info on his nerf?
I hope for mini update next month
Shawn96 wrote:
Shawn96 wrote:
Have you tried...
Anti-Air?

Its not decimus banshees that are scary lategame, its just decimus in general. If decimus gets to lategame any decent army comp is going to be beat.
*hard to beat

Nah I don't like that excuse at all.
Patching XML balance files cannot be THAT difficult.
If it was, something would be seriously wrong in their release process.

If he would really spend half a day per week on Halo Wars balancing, we could have seen a few patches already.

It's a prioritization issue, nothing else.
And given that we don't have any information on what the time is spent instead, I wouldn't really call it "understandable".
x6767 wrote:
And given that we don't have any information on what the time is spent instead, I wouldn't really call it "understandable".
We do know what he spends the rest of his time on, working on MCC which has a lot of those projects that 343 is trying to complete.

Unless you just want to call Wrensi lazy, then be my guest.
x6767 wrote:
We do know what he spends the rest of his time on, working on MCC which has a lot of those projects that 343 is trying to complete.

Was this publicly announced? And either way x6767 was being fairly clear on the issues being pointed towards 343i, he is right that this is a prioritisation issue the actual changing of numbers for the more basic balance changes are just number changes. If we had even one person working full time on hw2 we would of had a ton more balance and bug fixes by now. It's not wrensi it's 343 and tbh I don't know why you are trying to shift that. If you're argument is honestly that 343 can't afford 1 extra employee for a game the size of hw2 then idk what to say.
x6767 wrote:

I'm not calling anyone lazy.
I'm just pointing out that balance changes cannot be that time consuming.
If Wrensi really had half a day per week where he could think about balance patches, then we would have already seen many more.
If anyone is to blame, its likely just his manager who decided that balance patches do not deserve that time.

=> Prioritization issue.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2