Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

A Banished Balance Post 🐒🐵🙉🦍

OP NightmareHybrid

After meditating for thousands of hours alongside Tibetan Monks and achieving Nirvana, I have discovered a list of Banished balance change proposals that I think would improve the state of the game. Constructive criticism is welcome. I am also aware there are other problems within the game, these are just the following changes I NEED badly.

1.)Shrouds are steaming poopoo dumb head units.
I love shrouds, I really do. Unfortunately Shrouds are too expensive and die almost instantly. They are cool units but are not worth their weight in supply. Maybe I might build them for 320 supply and a generous health buff. *Wink *Wink *Nudge *Nudge

2.)Banished Raid (Atriox and Decimus suicide grunt drop) cooldown should shorten from 165 seconds to 95 seconds.
I know this may seem excessively short, being about the length of a mine cooldown, however this drop is the worst in the game. It’s situational by nature and outclassed in so many ways. Given the fact that it most likely won't see a rework, the cooldown reduction is the safest and most logical buff. Let those suicide grunts do what they love best: getting to the front lines as fast as possible.

3.)Decimus Drop Hero's Y ability should start on cooldown.
Specifically, this Y ability is overpowered when dropped on an army then destroyed by other units. I’ll take the #6 meal: Command Mantis treatment with a Dr. Pepper. No ice please.

4.)Big Boi Beam Nerf
I don’t think I’m gonna make it, Sarge. *Coughs up blood

5.)Engineers need to heal more per second.
They pale in comparison to Nightingales. They are mostly only good for the shield. Free the whales.

6.)Fire Bases should have their build time reduced from 60 seconds to 40 seconds.
This habanero’s not exclusively a banished problem, but I feel it’s needed. If I recall correctly, this was a popular request quite a few seasons ago. Building bases quicker would allow for more diverse early games involving defending secondary bases instead of always playing it safe and getting one out around 5 minutes. This would also, more importantly, allow teammates to recover better from having their bases wiped out by vultures or similar base one-shotting strategies.

Other stuff that’d also cool if they change, but I’m too lazy to type in depth.

Making non Decimus banshees usable. Am I the only one having this problem? RIP
Banished turrets becoming decent
A DPS buff to Johnson’s chain gun. The hero is laughable. (Also Johnson is Banished. Just get over it. Jeez!)
Arbiter Power Surge perk change from 3 points to 2 points
Boundless Siphon banshees nerf
Another Scout Mine Sight Increase please.Thank you very much btw!
Pack Brother upgrade to 450 power
Choppers and other scout units doing a bit more base damage.
Banished Raid is a passive ability. How do you reduce the cool down of a passive ability?
Banished Raid is a passive ability. How do you reduce the cool down of a passive ability?
I think he means decimus and atrioxs troop drop with the suicide grunts and jump pack brutes
I think he means decimus and atrioxs troop drop with the suicide grunts and jump pack brutes
Yes. Isn't it called Banished Raid Drop? I'll edit it to clarify.
I'm pretty such Deci's scarab get boundless syphon, which is effing ridiculous.
I'm also pretty sure there are no more balance patches coming, which is a shame, because I agree with everything you said.
A 2s team without glassing beam is at a major disadvantage...
Khimaros wrote:
I'm also pretty sure there are no more balance patches coming, which is a shame, because I agree with everything you said.
No, there are more patches to come.
Khimaros wrote:
Oh really? Tell me more!
Khimaros wrote:
Khimaros wrote:
Oh really? Tell me more!
There are still developers actively balancing HW2. So you can expect for patches in the future
After meditating for thousands of hours alongside Tibetan Monks and achieving Nirvana, I have discovered a list of Banished balance change proposals that I think would improve the state of the game. Constructive criticism is welcome. I am also aware there are other problems within the game, these are just the following changes I NEED badly.

1.)Shrouds are steaming poopoo dumb head units.I love shrouds, I really do. Unfortunately Shrouds are too expensive and die almost instantly. They are cool units but are not worth their weight in supply. Maybe I might build them for 320 supply and a generous health buff. *Wink *Wink *Nudge *Nudge

2.)Banished Raid (Atriox and Decimus suicide grunt drop) cooldown should shorten from 165 seconds to 95 seconds.I know this may seem excessively short, being about the length of a mine cooldown, however this drop is the worst in the game. It’s situational by nature and outclassed in so many ways. Given the fact that it most likely won't see a rework, the cooldown reduction is the safest and most logical buff. Let those suicide grunts do what they love best: getting to the front lines as fast as possible.

3.)Decimus Drop Hero's Y ability should start on cooldown.Specifically, this Y ability is overpowered when dropped on an army then destroyed by other units. I’ll take the #6 meal: Command Mantis treatment with a Dr. Pepper. No ice please.

4.)Big Boi Beam NerfI don’t think I’m gonna make it, Sarge. *Coughs up blood

5.)Engineers need to heal more per second.They pale in comparison to Nightingales. They are mostly only good for the shield. Free the whales.

6.)Fire Bases should have their build time reduced from 60 seconds to 40 seconds.This habanero’s not exclusively a banished problem, but I feel it’s needed. If I recall correctly, this was a popular request quite a few seasons ago. Building bases quicker would allow for more diverse early games involving defending secondary bases instead of always playing it safe and getting one out around 5 minutes. This would also, more importantly, allow teammates to recover better from having their bases wiped out by vultures or similar base one-shotting strategies.

Other stuff that’d also cool if they change, but I’m too lazy to type in depth.

Making non Decimus banshees usable. Am I the only one having this problem? RIP
Banished turrets becoming decent
A DPS buff to Johnson’s chain gun. The hero is laughable. (Also Johnson is Banished. Just get over it. Jeez!)
Arbiter Power Surge perk change from 3 points to 2 points
Boundless Siphon banshees nerf
Another Scout Mine Sight Increase please.Thank you very much btw!
Pack Brother upgrade to 450 power
Choppers and other scout units doing a bit more base damage.
Shrouds are actually really good, not only do they cloak, they block Kodiak, Sniper, Forgehog shots, Atrio Chosen shots and many other things to protect your army.
L1am Wh1te wrote:
Shrouds are actually really good, not only do they cloak, they block Kodiak, Sniper, Forgehog shots, Atrio Chosen shots and many other things to protect your army.
But they don't block Bison shots, and I think that's silly.
L1am Wh1te wrote:
But they don't block Bison shots, and I think that's silly.
Can't stop the incredible fridge!

On a serious note, that could be something to look at for consistency's sake.
L1am Wh1te wrote:
1.)Shrouds are steaming poopoo dumb head units.I love shrouds, I really do. Unfortunately Shrouds are too expensive and die almost instantly. They are cool units but are not worth their weight in supply. Maybe I might build them for 320 supply and a generous health buff. *Wink *Wink *Nudge *Nudge
I agree to an extent. All those unit examples are spot on and the deflection ability is indeed useful. That's the reason I wouldn't want that aspect to be buffed. As for cloaking, from my experience, it's absolutely worthless in 90% of situations. Surely anyone who uses shrouds can realize that they die instantaneously. Though it may have to do with how reavers and wolves overperform, in the past they have felt like wet tissue paper being used in the tug of war grand championship. Would anyone disagree that 400 is too much for their function?