Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

A few bothersome HW2 questions, please answer :)

OP chaplainsomeone

I've been playing HW2 for a few years now but there are a few things I've never fully understood, so I'm putting my lingering questions here:

1. Do Blitz card levels currently only affect Blitz Firefight and Blitz 3v3?

2. What determines your "favorite leader" in the global service record in-game? Is it just who you used the most recently? Waypoint service record says that my all-time most used leader is Colony but my "favorite leader" in-game changes often. I'd like to be able to set it or actually have it be my all-time most used leader.

3. What determines your "most successful leader" under the service record in-game? Does that include Blitz victories? I won my first multiplayer matchmade game this season as Shipmaster and my "most successful" leader became Shipmaster - then a few Blitz victories with Voridus later, it's Voridus.

4. Why no Shroud in Blitz? :) It was shown in early Blitz footage IIRC. I'm guessing it would be OP in Blitz? Could just make it 90-100 energy or even more.

5. On Blitz cards, the Last Stand keyword has a number after it. For example, Enduring Locust is Last Stand 2 iirc, and Enduring Blisterback is Last Stand 3. Why? Also, what dictates the units that come out of a Last Stand unit when it dies?
1. Yes, since blitz open sets all levels to 6.
2. Most played.
3. highest win rate, yes it counts even 1 game.
4. Shroud in blitz wouldn't really be a great card to begin with, its only use would be cloak since cloaking in blitz is busted and making it cost 90-100 would make it useless.
5. last stand levels determine what kind of units come out of those units when they die. (last stand 2 is marines/grunts, last stand 3 is hunter and a ranger) they're also terrible cards.
Cool, thanks!

Although I respectfully disagree with the Blitz things :) using cloak in blitz is pretty good if you just don't drop it on a Detect unit and it can force the enemy to drop a Detect unit rather than a Counter. Also nice for taking out Kodiak placements IMHO. Also last stand can be nice as you get some more units on the field, potentially units that counter whatever trashed your Last Stand card.
Also in the case of the Shroud the projectile intercept function could be quite good.
Cool, thanks!

Although I respectfully disagree with the Blitz things :) using cloak in blitz is pretty good if you just don't drop it on a Detect unit and it can force the enemy to drop a Detect unit rather than a Counter. Also nice for taking out Kodiak placements IMHO. Also last stand can be nice as you get some more units on the field, potentially units that counter whatever trashed your Last Stand card.
Last Stand is useless, the units that you get from it have no levels so they're useless and you're spending a lot more for a unit that doesn't do anything better.
Detect in blitz is really bad so cloak is busted, you have to be basically touching the unit to detect it.