Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

A rough tier list for this patch

OP CarsandCameras

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I would agree with Deci but not with Johnson. He may be placed even lower. He got absolute nothing for him in early to mid game.
The bug where marines can' repair Bunker when inside isn' t fixed and he has the most useless ultimate ability in the game . His hero is a real lacklustre with non hitting smart missle, destroyable healing aura and a bad dmg and endurance compared to other leaders. The only place where he shines is ultra late game.
I'd disagree on his hero. He's actually pretty strong, even if the smart missile goes wild.

And, yeah, he doesn't have the early eco-boosts and speed of the "top tier" leaders, but I wouldn't sleep on him.
I would agree with Deci but not with Johnson. He may be placed even lower. He got absolute nothing for him in early to mid game.
The bug where marines can' repair Bunker when inside isn' t fixed and he has the most useless ultimate ability in the game . His hero is a real lacklustre with non hitting smart missle, destroyable healing aura and a bad dmg and endurance compared to other leaders. The only place where he shines is ultra late game.
I'd disagree on his hero. He's actually pretty strong, even if the smart missile goes wild.

And, yeah, he doesn't have the early eco-boosts and speed of the "top tier" leaders, but I wouldn't sleep on him.
If those Collossi get going it's frightening gardening tool much damage they endure
Lol this is the funniest list I've even seen. First off just wait before we make any sort of tier list until we've actually played the new patch.
For all we know something which we thought will be a game changer is straight up trash.
There is no way that Mr OG Decimus is last not even in blitz he'd be 16 on the list just saying .
Decimus should be way higher on the list. Atriox should be higher up as well. He has the best damage nullifying abilites in the game and his jump pack brutes remain untouched.
nuchey wrote:
Actually Jerome’s infantry is on par with cutters, the tipping point is that all of Jerome’s other units are better than Cutters. Inspired hornets, warthogs, snipers, flamers, vultures etc. cutter just can’t overcome the inspired units.
There are many leaders whose abilities tend to cater towards infantry, but Cutter's infantry is the best because his ability compensates for infantry's biggest weakness. Part of the reason Hogs were so ridiculous was because even though AV could kill them if they were caught, you could never catch them. With Cutter, that's different. Keep in mind that this also can apply defensively. If they have a larger mass, too bad. They won't be able to catch you.

Jerome also doesn't have anything on par with ODSTs. He's got the mediocre garbage dump which is getting a 5% buff, but that's minimal. A good Cutter should never lose to Jerome.
ODSTs are honestly pretty overrated. Yeah their Y ability does great damage and they have a lot of health but they really arent all that. Marines/snipers + Mastodons are better
Please delete
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
ODSTs are honestly pretty overrated. Yeah their Y ability does great damage and they have a lot of health but they really arent all that. Marines/snipers + Mastodons are better
Mastas are wild, but so slow.
You'll be in a tough spot going mastas against Cutter on a mid or large-sized map.

Jerome's extra sight with snipers is killer tho
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
You'll be in a tough spot going mastas against Cutter on a mid or large-sized map.

Maybe I use dost wrong, cause all I do is stun the enemy and and use their y for dmg(which is actual pretty good), but because of the vehicle meta dost seems to me useless rest of the time. I feel like thes are a bit stronger marines without combat repair.
And how come their y ability most time explode only 20 Sep after I threw it ?
Could you give me some advices?
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Have fun setting that composition up. It won't happen against an aggressive Cutter.
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Have fun setting that composition up. It won't happen against an aggressive Cutter.
Are you forgetting how mobile to Command Mantis is? Very easy to hold off cutter with the command mantis, marines, and a handful of snipers.

All I'm saying is Jerome is fundamentally better than Cutter because of increased sight lines and inspire.

Also as others have said how can you put Deci in last? I think you'd be better off using a Tier system when ranking leaders instead of numbers.
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Are you forgetting how mobile to Command Mantis is? Very easy to hold off cutter with the command mantis, marines, and a handful of snipers.

All I'm saying is Jerome is fundamentally better than Cutter because of increased sight lines and inspire.

Also as others have said how can you put Deci in last? I think you'd be better off using a Tier system when ranking leaders instead of numbers.
The Commantis can only kite for so long until it gets stunned by a Spartan slam. Or until Cutter gets Raid II, which happens quite quickly with how map control oriented he is. Jerome is fundamentally, at every stage, worse than Cutter. How many Cutter players do you see on the front page of the leaderboards? 6. How many Jerome players? 1. That's a stark contrast.

This list isn't mine. As I said, I don't agree with Deci being so low.
nuchey wrote:
Actually Jerome’s infantry is on par with cutters, the tipping point is that all of Jerome’s other units are better than Cutters. Inspired hornets, warthogs, snipers, flamers, vultures etc. cutter just can’t overcome the inspired units.
There are many leaders whose abilities tend to cater towards infantry, but Cutter's infantry is the best because his ability compensates for infantry's biggest weakness. Part of the reason Hogs were so ridiculous was because even though AV could kill them if they were caught, you could never catch them. With Cutter, that's different. Keep in mind that this also can apply defensively. If they have a larger mass, too bad. They won't be able to catch you.

Jerome also doesn't have anything on par with ODSTs. He's got the mediocre garbage dump which is getting a 5% buff, but that's minimal. A good Cutter should never lose to Jerome.
Quite the opposite actually, Jerome matches up rather well against cutter.
1. Arbiter
2. Cutter
3. Forge
4. Anders
5. Kinsano
6. Isabel
7. Pavium
8. Serina
9. Voridus
10. Jerome
11. Colony
12. YapYap
13. Johnson
14. Shipmaster
15. Atriox
16. Decimus

Here is the chart this is based off of. I don't agree with everything here (such as Deci only beating Voridus and Johnson, earning him the 16th spot), but the top leaders seem to be in a good order. I think the bottom 6 are in need of buffs while the top 2 are in need of nerfs. The others I think will be relatively balanced other than small exceptions such as Kinsano Redline Hornets and full pop Sentinels. All that takes to fix is a bit of tweaking.

Remember, this is ultimately a prediction. lmk what you think of it. Also keep in mind this is a 1v1 list.

EDIT: The chart is courtesy of Yoda. Send him your regards ;)
That chart is so wrong in so many ways. You cant just say x beats y and base tier off that.
I think after buff, Kinsano Redline JRs are OP.
How much do the phantom nerfs hurt arbiter?
nuchey wrote:

Quite the opposite actually, Jerome matches up rather well against cutter.
Thank you
1. Arbiter
2. Cutter
3. Forge
4. Anders
5. Kinsano
6. Isabel
7. Pavium
8. Serina
9. Voridus
10. Jerome
11. Colony
12. YapYap
13. Johnson
14. Shipmaster
15. Atriox
16. Decimus

Here is the chart this is based off of. I don't agree with everything here (such as Deci only beating Voridus and Johnson, earning him the 16th spot), but the top leaders seem to be in a good order. I think the bottom 6 are in need of buffs while the top 2 are in need of nerfs. The others I think will be relatively balanced other than small exceptions such as Kinsano Redline Hornets and full pop Sentinels. All that takes to fix is a bit of tweaking.

Remember, this is ultimately a prediction. lmk what you think of it. Also keep in mind this is a 1v1 list.

Jerome might be higher up just because of ToH JRs are amazing again. This will aid in a transition to air or exspand.
In my opinion there really shouldn’t be a true list as every leader plays differently for example while Isabel is like an inferior forge she has her stergths like ghost in the machine or Mac bast heck even holo graphic decoy and decimus is an amazing leader with good permanent stat buffs
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:

Maybe I use dost wrong, cause all I do is stun the enemy and and use their y for dmg(which is actual pretty good), but because of the vehicle meta dost seems to me useless rest of the time. I feel like thes are a bit stronger marines without combat repair.
And how come their y ability most time explode only 20 Sep after I threw it ?
Could you give me some advices?
ODST are great at attacking minis and supplementing attacks on mains/expos with some added firepower for base cracking. Use them to help keep map control if you want to keep them alive. They are handy in other scenarios like when fighting vehicles, it is a nice combo to stun drop your ODST and follow up with the carpet bomb or lotus mines while the units are stunned... helps better land your damaging leader powers. It is also handy stunning part of a retreating army, so the rest of your force can catch some of their units and mop them up while the rest of their force moves away. They are very helpful.
1. Arbiter
2. Cutter
3. Forge
4. Anders
5. Kinsano
6. Isabel
7. Pavium
8. Serina
9. Voridus
10. Jerome
11. Colony
12. YapYap
13. Johnson
14. Shipmaster
15. Atriox
16. Decimus

LOL cutter at second and serina at 8... OK chart is trash moving along!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2