Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

AA still needs a buff (But so does Air)

OP nuchey

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Pls stop

It hasn't even been a new patch since the last big "AA sux" or "Air is OP" thread. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with an AA AoE buff to make up for the focus fire (which would take coding work to fix).
That’s all I said. I said the damage was fine, you’re all’s crying is why 343 is afraid to even touch AA
We are "crying" about it because it's literally unusable in 1s. That's how oppressively strong AA is. Banshees don't even become AA until T3. Meanwhile, 2 or 3 Reavers/wolverines is enough to shut down any air push by 7 minutes. Mass air is only a problem in 3s, which means it's a more complicated issue than "AA sucks."

Once again, this issue has been beaten to death. Post Carnage/Postums has already confirmed that the dev team is working on an AoE buff to solve this exact issue. Let this thread die.
Okay so we shouldn’t care about 3v3. Sounds logical
It is not a 3v3 issue but a player issue
Lol it’s a player issue that Reavers naturally focus fire? Makes sense
Reavers will always focus fire. There will be no solution to that. Instead, air will receive an AoE buff so that more units are effected instead of just the one being focus fired. It is know, it has been known, and nothing in this useless thread has/will change that. If everyone else is disagreeing with you, perhaps it's time to reevaluate your position and look at all the facts before coming to a conclusion. In every single piece of evidence put forward it has been unilaterally shown that AA does its job.

As far as 3v3s specifically, it's more forgiving there to go full pop air. If you lose your army you can just hide behind your buddies while building back up your paper thin mass air. The AoE buff will help deal with mass air. Again, nothing new has been gained from this thread.
This is you guys, congrats
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Pls stop

It hasn't even been a new patch since the last big "AA sux" or "Air is OP" thread. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with an AA AoE buff to make up for the focus fire (which would take coding work to fix).
That’s all I said. I said the damage was fine, you’re all’s crying is why 343 is afraid to even touch AA
We are "crying" about it because it's literally unusable in 1s. That's how oppressively strong AA is. Banshees don't even become AA until T3. Meanwhile, 2 or 3 Reavers/wolverines is enough to shut down any air push by 7 minutes. Mass air is only a problem in 3s, which means it's a more complicated issue than "AA sucks."

Once again, this issue has been beaten to death. Post Carnage/Postums has already confirmed that the dev team is working on an AoE buff to solve this exact issue. Let this thread die.
Okay so we shouldn’t care about 3v3. Sounds logical
It is not a 3v3 issue but a player issue
Lol it’s a player issue that Reavers naturally focus fire? Makes sense
Reavers will always focus fire. There will be no solution to that. Instead, air will receive an AoE buff so that more units are effected instead of just the one being focus fired. It is know, it has been known, and nothing in this useless thread has/will change that. If everyone else is disagreeing with you, perhaps it's time to reevaluate your position and look at all the facts before coming to a conclusion. In every single piece of evidence put forward it has been unilaterally shown that AA does its job.

As far as 3v3s specifically, it's more forgiving there to go full pop air. If you lose your army you can just hide behind your buddies while building back up your paper thin mass air. The AoE buff will help deal with mass air. Again, nothing new has been gained from this thread.
This is you guys, congrats
Except we have multiple examples of why arguments against AA are mostly worthless. There has yet to be any evidence put forward that AA needs a buff. Every attempt to test them out has failed to recreate scenarios where AA, when properly used, fails to stop air.

Dude, it's not that AA is perfect. Even I've admitted that they could use the AoE buff. But there is a reason we pounce on every single "Buff AA" thread that comes out:
  • We are only getting new balances updates every 2-3 months.
  • After the 300% Forgehog buff, we are all scared of the devs over-buffing something else, leaving us with broken units/mechanics for too long.
  • AA is already insanely strong. Yes, when massed air can be a problem. But in small numbers just 3 AA with an army around it can suppress 30-40 pop. That makes going air in 1s an unviable strategy, removing 1/3 of the units in the game from being used.
  • If AA is even slightly over-buffed it will make sure useless across all three deathmatch playlists.
That's why we must tread carefully. Like I said, a fix for the focus fire is already in the pipeline. There is no need for you to make you 5th thread calling for AA to be fixed, especially when you can't provide any evidence to help your case.
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Pls stop

It hasn't even been a new patch since the last big "AA sux" or "Air is OP" thread. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with an AA AoE buff to make up for the focus fire (which would take coding work to fix).
That’s all I said. I said the damage was fine, you’re all’s crying is why 343 is afraid to even touch AA
We are "crying" about it because it's literally unusable in 1s. That's how oppressively strong AA is. Banshees don't even become AA until T3. Meanwhile, 2 or 3 Reavers/wolverines is enough to shut down any air push by 7 minutes. Mass air is only a problem in 3s, which means it's a more complicated issue than "AA sucks."

Once again, this issue has been beaten to death. Post Carnage/Postums has already confirmed that the dev team is working on an AoE buff to solve this exact issue. Let this thread die.
Okay so we shouldn’t care about 3v3. Sounds logical
It is not a 3v3 issue but a player issue
Lol it’s a player issue that Reavers naturally focus fire? Makes sense
Reavers will always focus fire. There will be no solution to that. Instead, air will receive an AoE buff so that more units are effected instead of just the one being focus fired. It is know, it has been known, and nothing in this useless thread has/will change that. If everyone else is disagreeing with you, perhaps it's time to reevaluate your position and look at all the facts before coming to a conclusion. In every single piece of evidence put forward it has been unilaterally shown that AA does its job.

As far as 3v3s specifically, it's more forgiving there to go full pop air. If you lose your army you can just hide behind your buddies while building back up your paper thin mass air. The AoE buff will help deal with mass air. Again, nothing new has been gained from this thread.
This is you guys, congrats
Except we have multiple examples of why arguments against AA are mostly worthless. There has yet to be any evidence put forward that AA needs a buff. Every attempt to test them out has failed to recreate scenarios where AA, when properly used, fails to stop air.

Dude, it's not that AA is perfect. Even I've admitted that they could use the AoE buff. But there is a reason we pounce on every single "Buff AA" thread that comes out:
  • We are only getting new balances updates every 2-3 months.
  • After the 300% Forgehog buff, we are all scared of the devs over-buffing something else, leaving us with broken units/mechanics for too long.
  • AA is already insanely strong. Yes, when massed air can be a problem. But in small numbers just 3 AA with an army around it can suppress 30-40 pop. That makes going air in 1s an unviable strategy, removing 1/3 of the units in the game from being used.
  • If AA is even slightly over-buffed it will make sure useless across all three deathmatch playlists.
That's why we must tread carefully. Like I said, a fix for the focus fire is already in the pipeline. There is no need for you to make you 5th thread calling for AA to be fixed, especially when you can't provide any evidence to help your case.
I welcome objective criticisms, you all kind of proved my point by attacking me and ridiculing me. Some of you even said I am below someone with special needs (Lol).

I was objective and said AA needs a fix for the overkill (as you've suggested).

The only thing we disagreed on was a health boost.

I never suggested AA needed a damage buff; I still stand by this: Banshees should not be a better AA alternative to regular AA and Banshees should be weak against buildings to help counter their mobility.

Nakamaru was the only objective one so he gets a gold star from me.

All the nonconstructive cancer posts were unnecessary. I will at least give you a Silver Star for explaining your position; even still you could have been more objective.

Buh-bye
Lets hope to god this entire post gets ignored. There are only 30 other things that are actually important affecting the game right now. Leave my mass engis alone.
nuchey wrote:
The fact that AA focus fires is incredibly frustrating. Why don’t you fix that 343? Why did you make it that Air is green against everything especially bases! A fully maxed out base shouldn’t die in 15 seconds from a wave of Banshees.

What AA needs
+Way more health, they are currently made out of cardboard
+Take away the focus fire, it’s beyond stupid

Their damage is fine. It’s so frustrating when you make the counters and they underperform.
I think a a needs a little more resistance to leader nukes but that's it
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Pls stop

It hasn't even been a new patch since the last big "AA sux" or "Air is OP" thread. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with an AA AoE buff to make up for the focus fire (which would take coding work to fix).
That’s all I said. I said the damage was fine, you’re all’s crying is why 343 is afraid to even touch AA
We are "crying" about it because it's literally unusable in 1s. That's how oppressively strong AA is. Banshees don't even become AA until T3. Meanwhile, 2 or 3 Reavers/wolverines is enough to shut down any air push by 7 minutes. Mass air is only a problem in 3s, which means it's a more complicated issue than "AA sucks."

Once again, this issue has been beaten to death. Post Carnage/Postums has already confirmed that the dev team is working on an AoE buff to solve this exact issue. Let this thread die.
Okay so we shouldn’t care about 3v3. Sounds logical
It is not a 3v3 issue but a player issue
Lol it’s a player issue that Reavers naturally focus fire? Makes sense
Reavers will always focus fire. There will be no solution to that. Instead, air will receive an AoE buff so that more units are effected instead of just the one being focus fired. It is know, it has been known, and nothing in this useless thread has/will change that. If everyone else is disagreeing with you, perhaps it's time to reevaluate your position and look at all the facts before coming to a conclusion. In every single piece of evidence put forward it has been unilaterally shown that AA does its job.

As far as 3v3s specifically, it's more forgiving there to go full pop air. If you lose your army you can just hide behind your buddies while building back up your paper thin mass air. The AoE buff will help deal with mass air. Again, nothing new has been gained from this thread.
Except we have multiple examples of why arguments against AA are mostly worthless. There has yet to be any evidence put forward that AA needs a buff. Every attempt to test them out has failed to recreate scenarios where AA, when properly used, fails to stop air.
I welcome objective criticisms, you all kind of proved my point by attacking me and ridiculing me. Some of you even said I am below someone with special needs (Lol).

I was objective and said AA needs a fix for the overkill (as you've suggested).

The only thing we disagreed on was a health boost.

I never suggested AA needed a damage buff; I still stand by this: Banshees should not be a better AA alternative to regular AA and Banshees should be weak against buildings to help counter their mobility.

Nakamaru was the only objective one so he gets a gold star from me.

All the nonconstructive cancer posts were unnecessary. I will at least give you a Silver Star for explaining your position; even still you could have been more objective.

Buh-bye
We jump on you because this is the 50th such post created, and each one gets shut down because there are never any facts to support the argument. You are screaming "THE WORLD IS FLAT" and we all thought the issue was resolved centuries ago. You have a purely subjective, anecdotal argument and we're supposed to reply objectively? Of course we're going to react the way we did! If you want objective, look no further than The Wall's Anti-air parts Part 1 and Part 2. Any further posts on the subject should be required to match them in argumentative quality.
Make bashees and don’t stop moving just fight fire with fire of aa isn’t working for you it’s one way but of course you need to use your leader powers and hero for this unless you have a melee hero but still it isn’t hard to deal with air already got a couple nerfs they are fine the way they are
I didn't want to contribute this at first but since I'm bored and am sort of kind maybe wanting to contribute now to the conversation here's what I have to say about it. That being said I am no pro, far from it, so please remember that some of this information may be wrong or invalid. That also being said I do not have the right to say your opinion sucks and mine is better, so take it with a grain of salt, now onto the response!

I agree in the fact that the focus fire thing is stupid, trust me, having all the wolverines overkill the same hornet/banshee is frustrating. But on the plus side I can confirm that that one air unit is DEFINITELY dead. I think their thought process is like "We could kill the entire army with our AA missiles but we just REALLY hate that one engineer" But other than that they do pretty well IMO. I haven't done intensive testing and have just relied on other's results that have been posted to this site so I think they're doing fine. When I'm playing a match AA works fine in most instances and with good micro I feel confident in AA's abilities to kill air units. You may feel differently but you have too remember I play teamwar VERY casually with fellow noobs so I don't care as much nor can I really notice if anything is under/over performing.
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
All the nonconstructive cancer posts were unnecessary. I will at least give you a Silver Star for explaining your position; even still you could have been more objective.

Buh-bye
I tried to be as understanding in this post as I hate it when you have a non-popular opinion that you believe in and you get destroyed by people telling you that you're wrong. Do you, it's your opinion not others.(P.S Can I have a gold star pls?)
I saw mention that the only “OP” air was Deci Banshees, Sentinels, and, to my shock, Phantoms. Where have these been? I was under the impression that they’re just plain bad except in Blitz where they have crazy amounts of health. But in DM they die so quick, and if I’m carrying hunters and enforcers in them, they die or come out red bar when the phantoms get rinsed. Someone please show me a video of phantoms being good.

*edit*
nuchey that video of the monkeys was hilarious and actually a lot like this thread, although coming from myself who plays a lot of 1s, air is plain useless in it. Try practicing your aa micro. If you move your army of aa split up from each other, they won’t all focus fire the same banshee.
I saw mention that the only “OP” air was Deci Banshees, Sentinels, and, to my shock, Phantoms. Where have these been? I was under the impression that they’re just plain bad except in Blitz where they have crazy amounts of health. But in DM they die so quick, and if I’m carrying hunters and enforcers in them, they die or come out red bar when the phantoms get rinsed. Someone please show me a video of phantoms being good.

*edit*
nuchey that video of the monkeys was hilarious and actually a lot like this thread, although coming from myself who plays a lot of 1s, air is plain useless in it. Try practicing your aa micro. If you move your army of aa split up from each other, they won’t all focus fire the same banshee.
They have to be played a very specific way but yes, late game phantoms with the heal from COR are almost impossible to kill
I saw mention that the only “OP” air was Deci Banshees, Sentinels, and, to my shock, Phantoms. Where have these been? I was under the impression that they’re just plain bad except in Blitz where they have crazy amounts of health. But in DM they die so quick, and if I’m carrying hunters and enforcers in them, they die or come out red bar when the phantoms get rinsed. Someone please show me a video of phantoms being good.
Phantoms are OP because of the way they interact with Conduit of Rage. They heal insanely quick when activated. It takes good micro to make it work but once it does it's pretty unstoppable. I didn't believe it myself until I saw it in action.
I saw mention that the only “OP” air was Deci Banshees, Sentinels, and, to my shock, Phantoms. Where have these been? I was under the impression that they’re just plain bad except in Blitz where they have crazy amounts of health. But in DM they die so quick, and if I’m carrying hunters and enforcers in them, they die or come out red bar when the phantoms get rinsed. Someone please show me a video of phantoms being good.
Phantoms are OP because of the way they interact with Conduit of Rage. They heal insanely quick when activated. It takes good micro to make it work but once it does it's pretty unstoppable. I didn't believe it myself until I saw it in action.
Watch 343 increase Phantom healing modifier to 10😆😆😆
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Pls stop

It hasn't even been a new patch since the last big "AA sux" or "Air is OP" thread. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with an AA AoE buff to make up for the focus fire (which would take coding work to fix).
That’s all I said. I said the damage was fine, you’re all’s crying is why 343 is afraid to even touch AA
We are "crying" about it because it's literally unusable in 1s. That's how oppressively strong AA is. Banshees don't even become AA until T3. Meanwhile, 2 or 3 Reavers/wolverines is enough to shut down any air push by 7 minutes. Mass air is only a problem in 3s, which means it's a more complicated issue than "AA sucks."

Once again, this issue has been beaten to death. Post Carnage/Postums has already confirmed that the dev team is working on an AoE buff to solve this exact issue. Let this thread die.
Okay so we shouldn’t care about 3v3. Sounds logical
It is not a 3v3 issue but a player issue
Lol it’s a player issue that Reavers naturally focus fire? Makes sense
Reavers will always focus fire. There will be no solution to that. Instead, air will receive an AoE buff so that more units are effected instead of just the one being focus fired. It is know, it has been known, and nothing in this useless thread has/will change that. If everyone else is disagreeing with you, perhaps it's time to reevaluate your position and look at all the facts before coming to a conclusion. In every single piece of evidence put forward it has been unilaterally shown that AA does its job.

As far as 3v3s specifically, it's more forgiving there to go full pop air. If you lose your army you can just hide behind your buddies while building back up your paper thin mass air. The AoE buff will help deal with mass air. Again, nothing new has been gained from this thread.
Except we have multiple examples of why arguments against AA are mostly worthless. There has yet to be any evidence put forward that AA needs a buff. Every attempt to test them out has failed to recreate scenarios where AA, when properly used, fails to stop air.
I welcome objective criticisms, you all kind of proved my point by attacking me and ridiculing me. Some of you even said I am below someone with special needs (Lol).

I was objective and said AA needs a fix for the overkill (as you've suggested).

The only thing we disagreed on was a health boost.

I never suggested AA needed a damage buff; I still stand by this: Banshees should not be a better AA alternative to regular AA and Banshees should be weak against buildings to help counter their mobility.

Nakamaru was the only objective one so he gets a gold star from me.

All the nonconstructive cancer posts were unnecessary. I will at least give you a Silver Star for explaining your position; even still you could have been more objective.

Buh-bye
We jump on you because this is the 50th such post created, and each one gets shut down because there are never any facts to support the argument. You are screaming "THE WORLD IS FLAT" and we all thought the issue was resolved centuries ago. You have a purely subjective, anecdotal argument and we're supposed to reply objectively? Of course we're going to react the way we did! If you want objective, look no further than The Wall's Anti-air parts Part 1 and Part 2. Any further posts on the subject should be required to match them in argumentative quality.
No one is screaming; especially anything as ludicrous as the Earth being flat.You think someone’s disagreements with you is an equivalent to the Earth being flat? Wtf
I saw mention that the only “OP” air was Deci Banshees, Sentinels, and, to my shock, Phantoms. Where have these been? I was under the impression that they’re just plain bad except in Blitz where they have crazy amounts of health. But in DM they die so quick, and if I’m carrying hunters and enforcers in them, they die or come out red bar when the phantoms get rinsed. Someone please show me a video of phantoms being good.

*edit*
nuchey that video of the monkeys was hilarious and actually a lot like this thread, although coming from myself who plays a lot of 1s, air is plain useless in it. Try practicing your aa micro. If you move your army of aa split up from each other, they won’t all focus fire the same banshee.
All I play is 2s and 3s

if 3 guys all go Air in 3s it can be a force to be reckoned with. It’s not as simply as making AA because

1. AA are easy targets for leader powers
2. AA can’t exactly take out bases
3. Cost a lot of power

EDIT

Yeah it happens all the time. Everyone bullies each other over things they don’t be even know about. Not saying women of you don’t know what you’re talking about but the ones that post cancer are just trolling
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Pls stop

It hasn't even been a new patch since the last big "AA sux" or "Air is OP" thread. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with an AA AoE buff to make up for the focus fire (which would take coding work to fix).
That’s all I said. I said the damage was fine, you’re all’s crying is why 343 is afraid to even touch AA
We are "crying" about it because it's literally unusable in 1s. That's how oppressively strong AA is. Banshees don't even become AA until T3. Meanwhile, 2 or 3 Reavers/wolverines is enough to shut down any air push by 7 minutes. Mass air is only a problem in 3s, which means it's a more complicated issue than "AA sucks."

Once again, this issue has been beaten to death. Post Carnage/Postums has already confirmed that the dev team is working on an AoE buff to solve this exact issue. Let this thread die.
Okay so we shouldn’t care about 3v3. Sounds logical
It is not a 3v3 issue but a player issue
Lol it’s a player issue that Reavers naturally focus fire? Makes sense
Reavers will always focus fire. There will be no solution to that. Instead, air will receive an AoE buff so that more units are effected instead of just the one being focus fired. It is know, it has been known, and nothing in this useless thread has/will change that. If everyone else is disagreeing with you, perhaps it's time to reevaluate your position and look at all the facts before coming to a conclusion. In every single piece of evidence put forward it has been unilaterally shown that AA does its job.

As far as 3v3s specifically, it's more forgiving there to go full pop air. If you lose your army you can just hide behind your buddies while building back up your paper thin mass air. The AoE buff will help deal with mass air. Again, nothing new has been gained from this thread.
Except we have multiple examples of why arguments against AA are mostly worthless. There has yet to be any evidence put forward that AA needs a buff. Every attempt to test them out has failed to recreate scenarios where AA, when properly used, fails to stop air.
I welcome objective criticisms, you all kind of proved my point by attacking me and ridiculing me. Some of you even said I am below someone with special needs (Lol).

I was objective and said AA needs a fix for the overkill (as you've suggested).

The only thing we disagreed on was a health boost.

I never suggested AA needed a damage buff; I still stand by this: Banshees should not be a better AA alternative to regular AA and Banshees should be weak against buildings to help counter their mobility.

Nakamaru was the only objective one so he gets a gold star from me.

All the nonconstructive cancer posts were unnecessary. I will at least give you a Silver Star for explaining your position; even still you could have been more objective.

Buh-bye
We jump on you because this is the 50th such post created, and each one gets shut down because there are never any facts to support the argument. You are screaming "THE WORLD IS FLAT" and we all thought the issue was resolved centuries ago. You have a purely subjective, anecdotal argument and we're supposed to reply objectively? Of course we're going to react the way we did! If you want objective, look no further than The Wall's Anti-air parts Part 1 and Part 2. Any further posts on the subject should be required to match them in argumentative quality.
No one is screaming; especially anything as ludicrous as the Earth being flat.You think someone’s disagreements with you is an equivalent to the Earth being flat? Wtf
If you knew "The World Is Flat" is off the the old church doctrine. The world "appeared" flat but was prooven through the works of people such as Galileo and Copernicus. In this case, DC Longshot has a valid point. Air "appears" OP to your senses but in reality, it is far from the truth as the best players have tested time and time again air is flimsy and weak with firepower. The lesson he wants you to learn is even if the world tells you existance is Geocentric, look at the facts in front of you. Eventually, they got enough facts to discover the world is not only round but also revolves a star.
Phantoms are OP because of the way they interact with Conduit of Rage. They heal insanely quick when activated. It takes good micro to make it work but once it does it's pretty unstoppable. I didn't believe it myself until I saw it in action.
Where can I see it in action? I have searched Youtube and found nothing other than stupid TR "Best use of Arbiter's Phantom! | Halo Wars 2 Strategy" which was legit Andrew making 1 phantom and putting 3 of the same unit in it to then go attack a base with no turrets.,, -_-
Phantoms are OP because of the way they interact with Conduit of Rage. They heal insanely quick when activated. It takes good micro to make it work but once it does it's pretty unstoppable. I didn't believe it myself until I saw it in action.
Where can I see it in action? I have searched Youtube and found nothing other than stupid TR "Best use of Arbiter's Phantom! | Halo Wars 2 Strategy" which was legit Andrew making 1 phantom and putting 3 of the same unit in it to then go attack a base with no turrets.,, -_-
Add me as a friend!

We can play some games and I'll show you how nuts they are, lol.
Where can I see it in action? I have searched Youtube and found nothing other than stupid TR "Best use of Arbiter's Phantom! | Halo Wars 2 Strategy" which was legit Andrew making 1 phantom and putting 3 of the same unit in it to then go attack a base with no turrets.,, -_-
I would expect nothing more from TeamRespawn. I believe RTS Yoda uploaded a set where he abuses Phantoms and Rage, if I find it I'll include a link to it in an edit or DM it to you.
nuchey - Please don't post multiple times in a row, thanks. You can edit your last post to add more information
stckrboy wrote:
nuchey - Please don't post multiple times in a row, thanks. You can edit your last post to add more information
Lol well now I feel like an old person who doesn't know how the internet works. Back in my day we posted multiple times in a row and we were proud of it!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8