OP A Sangheilli

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Shawn96 wrote:
Shawn96 wrote:
It's not indefensible but you need be near your base otherwise it's lethal. And I see it much more than before, in fact around season 5 I was champion and I didn't played T1 now pretty much everybody above diamonds do.
That's because in Season 5 all you needed to kill 120 pop was a Forgehog and the ability to press the Y button. If someone is massing building killers, it follows that you should keep an eye on them and set up defenses.
Literally only see negative rushing comments from this rts.All i can say is don't neglect scouting.
Khimaros wrote:
xx slushie wrote:
I will never understand the people who say rushing takes no skill. Apparently sitting in your base for 15 minutes doing nothing takes more skill than balancing your economy and microing your units in the early game.
It's just text book projection, you hurt their feelings, they assume it's all your fault...

Also, spoiler alert, scouts wreck goliaths 😉
Jrs are garbo but that is because i think Goliaths Ram and the more equilibrium cos which means more numbers. Of course i never tested this interaction so i wonder...still, a mixed sniper and Jr should repel them.
Khimaros wrote:
xx slushie wrote:
I will never understand the people who say rushing takes no skill. Apparently sitting in your base for 15 minutes doing nothing takes more skill than balancing your economy and microing your units in the early game.
It's just text book projection, you hurt their feelings, they assume it's all your fault...

Jrs are garbo but that is because i think Goliaths Ram and the more equilibrium cos which means more numbers. Of course i never tested this interaction so i wonder...still, a mixed sniper and Jr should repel them.
Easily repel, especially if its just goliaths and they're caught on the way to your base.
Khimaros wrote:
xx slushie wrote:

Easily repel, especially if its just goliaths and they're caught on the way to your base.
I still feel Jackrabbits underperform where they are at currently.
Khimaros wrote:
xx slushie wrote:

I rushed only Goliaths 6 times in a row in Diamond/Plat 1s and won every single game, many of which I was scouted and only 1 game went past 10 minutes. I agree that if you can catch the Goliaths otw to your base they aren't really a problem, so when I do it I just take an unexpected path to their base, drop enge swarm and their base is gone in less than 10 seconds.
Silver ww wrote:
Khimaros wrote:
xx slushie wrote:

I rushed only Goliaths 6 times in a row in Diamond/Plat 1s and won every single game, many of which I was scouted and only 1 game went past 10 minutes. I agree that if you can catch the Goliaths otw to your base they aren't really a problem, so when I do it I just take an unexpected path to their base, drop enge swarm and their base is gone in less than 10 seconds.
Can Goliaths be stunned by Ghost/Chopper ram?
Rushing is so simple that the newest of noobs can pull it off. Beating a rush is slightly less easy than that. Anyone with even a portion of a brain can stop rushes because you literally just need to send a unit to scout the base between 1:30-2:00m.
Neckhammer wrote:
Rushing is so simple that the newest of noobs can pull it off. Beating a rush is slightly less easy than that. Anyone with even a portion of a brain can stop rushes because you literally just need to send a unit to scout the base between 1:30-2:00m.
I agree with the counter part, but rushing is a risk and reward strategy. You're sacrificing a lot of supplies for an early game army, and if you fail to manage said army efficiently, you've wasted your resources.
Neckhammer wrote:
I agree with the counter part, but rushing is a risk and reward strategy. You're sacrificing a lot of supplies for an early game army, and if you fail to manage said army efficiently, you've wasted your resources.
Rushes are all-in tactics. There's not really any army management because the sole purpose of a rush is to kill the enemy base. It's simply a bad strategy, but complacent and lazy players will occasionally lose to rushes because they don't scout or build a reasonable amount of units. The current meta is to devote more resources into a map control-focused T1, so rushes are quite possibly the worst option that they've ever been, and they've always been bad.
Neckhammer wrote:
Neckhammer wrote:
Rushes are all-in tactics. There's not really any army management because the sole purpose of a rush is to kill the enemy base. It's simply a bad strategy, but complacent and lazy players will occasionally lose to rushes because they don't scout or build a reasonable amount of units. The current meta is to devote more resources into a map control-focused T1, so rushes are quite possibly the worst option that they've ever been, and they've always been bad.
When I think of rushes, I split them into two types: Taking map control, or an early attack dedicated to destroying the enemy base. Taking map control is always a good strategy, and hardly any risk to it. IMO, the attack focused one has to be a surprise to be successful. You don't necessarily have to keep your base hidden, but keep your army away from the enemy's to keep it at full strength, and to keep your army comp a secret.
I would also prefer to get rushed and lose than be stuck in a siege turtle on those maps that make it hard to break
Saw a guy post about a turtling Yapyap. It sounded like agony to break through the defenses Yap set up.
That was me lol 😂
Silver ww wrote:
Khimaros wrote:
xx slushie wrote:

Yes, but it makes no difference, they do so much damage that the base is still gone in less than 10 seconds lol. They are actually like playing on recruit difficulty take 0 skill what so ever.
Silver ww wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
Khimaros wrote:
xx slushie wrote:

Yes, but it makes no difference, they do so much damage that the base is still gone in less than 10 seconds lol. They are actually like playing on recruit difficulty take 0 skill what so ever.
Goliaths rysh takes no skill? It takes skill to use goliaths in against a good player as well the other way around.
Goliath rush takes skills, against good players the delivery need to be perfect. You need find out which base is left undefended if you don't it's gonna fail.
I generally find joy from crushing rushes against unsc players, since they have the tier one advantage. Rushing is annoying, and doesn't take much skill, except unless you're Goliath rushing(because of how expensive they are). Rushes aren't hard to counter, but playing the game that way is simple minded and juvenile to me
Silver ww wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
Khimaros wrote:
xx slushie wrote:

Goliaths rysh takes no skill? It takes skill to use goliaths in against a good player as well the other way around.
Ok but I've been a Diamond player just about every season I've played and no one can stop Goliath rushes. Please don't pretend like any rush takes skill because it doesn't.
Goliath rush can be stopped easily with suicides grunts or full UNSC infantry (marines with grenades+snipers and optionally some flamethrower) and/or a bunch of scouts and/or infantry+hero... And some 3rd spot leader powers can end it up.

It's totally doable but you need be at your base.
I generally find joy from crushing rushes against unsc players, since they have the tier one advantage. Rushing is annoying, and doesn't take much skill, except unless you're Goliath rushing(because of how expensive they are). Rushes aren't hard to counter, but playing the game that way is simple minded and juvenile to me
Fair enough. I'm not telling anyone to like or do rushes, just saying it takes at least some skill to be successful.
Silver ww wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
Khimaros wrote:
xx slushie wrote:

Ok but I've been a Diamond player just about every season I've played and no one can stop Goliath rushes. Please don't pretend like any rush takes skill because it doesn't.
If no one could stop Goliaths, and their rush takes no skill, then please, tell me why there's leader diversity at all in the competitive scene, if Colony guarantees a win? Surely using such a "skill less" strategy that guarantees a W would be almost always be used, right?
Fair enough. I'm not telling anyone to like or do rushes, just saying it takes at least some skill to be successful.
Silver ww wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
Khimaros wrote:
xx slushie wrote:

If no one could stop Goliaths, and their rush takes no skill, then please, tell me why there's leader diversity at all in the competitive scene, if Colony guarantees a win? Surely using such a "skill less" strategy that guarantees a W would be almost always be used, right
In every pub game, its rush or be rushed. I don't play competitive nor watch it so I really don't care. Rushing in ranked happens literally every game, it is way too easy to pull off with literally any hero, not just colony. Worst comes to worst your rush "fails" but there is still a good chance you ruined their eco and just show up at their base with 15 hornets 2 minutes later anyway.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3