About Rushing...

OP A Sangheilli

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Silver ww wrote:
I generally find joy from crushing rushes against unsc players, since they have the tier one advantage. Rushing is annoying, and doesn't take much skill, except unless you're Goliath rushing(because of how expensive they are). Rushes aren't hard to counter, but playing the game that way is simple minded and juvenile to me
Fair enough. I'm not telling anyone to like or do rushes, just saying it takes at least some skill to be successful.
Silver ww wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
Khimaros wrote:
I will never understand the people who say rushing takes no skill. Apparently sitting in your base for 15 minutes doing nothing takes more skill than balancing your economy and microing your units in the early game.
It's just text book projection, you hurt their feelings, they assume it's all your fault...

Also, spoiler alert, scouts wreck goliaths 😉
Jrs are garbo but that is because i think Goliaths Ram and the more equilibrium cos which means more numbers. Of course i never tested this interaction so i wonder...still, a mixed sniper and Jr should repel them.
Easily repel, especially if its just goliaths and they're caught on the way to your base.
I rushed only Goliaths 6 times in a row in Diamond/Plat 1s and won every single game, many of which I was scouted and only 1 game went past 10 minutes. I agree that if you can catch the Goliaths otw to your base they aren't really a problem, so when I do it I just take an unexpected path to their base, drop enge swarm and their base is gone in less than 10 seconds.
Can Goliaths be stunned by Ghost/Chopper ram?
Yes, but it makes no difference, they do so much damage that the base is still gone in less than 10 seconds lol. They are actually like playing on recruit difficulty take 0 skill what so ever.
Goliaths rysh takes no skill? It takes skill to use goliaths in against a good player as well the other way around.
Ok but I've been a Diamond player just about every season I've played and no one can stop Goliath rushes. Please don't pretend like any rush takes skill because it doesn't.
If no one could stop Goliaths, and their rush takes no skill, then please, tell me why there's leader diversity at all in the competitive scene, if Colony guarantees a win? Surely using such a "skill less" strategy that guarantees a W would be almost always be used, right
In every pub game, its rush or be rushed. I don't play competitive nor watch it so I really don't care. Rushing in ranked happens literally every game, it is way too easy to pull off with literally any hero, not just colony. Worst comes to worst your rush "fails" but there is still a good chance you ruined their eco and just show up at their base with 15 hornets 2 minutes later anyway.
If you see them preparing to rush with Goliaths or Flamers or whatever, then you could always attack them while their army hasn't been amassed yet with the army you already have, and have your teammate join you, if a team game, crippling one player, or straight up elimination.
Silver ww wrote:
I generally find joy from crushing rushes against unsc players, since they have the tier one advantage. Rushing is annoying, and doesn't take much skill, except unless you're Goliath rushing(because of how expensive they are). Rushes aren't hard to counter, but playing the game that way is simple minded and juvenile to me
Fair enough. I'm not telling anyone to like or do rushes, just saying it takes at least some skill to be successful.
Silver ww wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
Khimaros wrote:
I will never understand the people who say rushing takes no skill. Apparently sitting in your base for 15 minutes doing nothing takes more skill than balancing your economy and microing your units in the early game.
It's just text book projection, you hurt their feelings, they assume it's all your fault...

Also, spoiler alert, scouts wreck goliaths 😉
Jrs are garbo but that is because i think Goliaths Ram and the more equilibrium cos which means more numbers. Of course i never tested this interaction so i wonder...still, a mixed sniper and Jr should repel them.
Easily repel, especially if its just goliaths and they're caught on the way to your base.
I rushed only Goliaths 6 times in a row in Diamond/Plat 1s and won every single game, many of which I was scouted and only 1 game went past 10 minutes. I agree that if you can catch the Goliaths otw to your base they aren't really a problem, so when I do it I just take an unexpected path to their base, drop enge swarm and their base is gone in less than 10 seconds.
Can Goliaths be stunned by Ghost/Chopper ram?
Yes, but it makes no difference, they do so much damage that the base is still gone in less than 10 seconds lol. They are actually like playing on recruit difficulty take 0 skill what so ever.
Goliaths rysh takes no skill? It takes skill to use goliaths in against a good player as well the other way around.
Ok but I've been a Diamond player just about every season I've played and no one can stop Goliath rushes. Please don't pretend like any rush takes skill because it doesn't.
If no one could stop Goliaths, and their rush takes no skill, then please, tell me why there's leader diversity at all in the competitive scene, if Colony guarantees a win? Surely using such a "skill less" strategy that guarantees a W would be almost always be used, right
In every pub game, its rush or be rushed. I don't play competitive nor watch it so I really don't care. Rushing in ranked happens literally every game, it is way too easy to pull off with literally any hero, not just colony. Worst comes to worst your rush "fails" but there is still a good chance you ruined their eco and just show up at their base with 15 hornets 2 minutes later anyway.
Wow, transitioning into air after failing a rush. What a genius strategy.
Not all the time. Some people just spam units from their base to the other until it gets destroyed. Using colony, this method is probably the cheapest and most infuriating rush tactic to fight against.
LbonB312 wrote:
Not all the time. Some people just spam units from their base to the other until it gets destroyed. Using colony, this method is probably the cheapest and most infuriating rush tactic to fight against.
Except Goliath are the most expensive t1 building killer's...
LbonB312 wrote:
There good at what they do too.
LbonB312 wrote:
Never implied they were not but, okay...

Edit: There cost reflects there performance but
A good nerf if any would be to reduce there healing rate so that 6 Goliath + Engineer Swarm isn't always a GG once they reach your base, This is honestly the only problematic thing about the unit.

Ofc this would only help Low Tier and Mid Tier player's as most High Tier player's will never let such a group of building killers reach there base so early.

Just my $0.02
Sometimes it's more complicated than just anyone rushing someone. If you think anyone can pull it off, think again. The better the player is, the more difficult to repel the rush as a really good player knows if it's a good idea to rush and if he is going to succeed. A bad player just blindly rushes and hopes for the best. An example of this is that when I was playing against an interesting colony player; who was focused on rushing with goliaths instead of map control; did succeed to take down my main but I killed all of his units and already had an expo then rebuilt the main and proceeded to murder him. That guy is an example of just a bad player rushing. A really good player would probably do more harassing or something and be prepared with expos and minis and such and would of probably simply won. And no offence to anyone, but sometimes the other player just simply isn't on the same level as the other player; rushing and destroying that player saves time for both parties. An extremely good player who rushes a non-experienced player is a learning experience for the non-experienced player without wasting too much time. When it's non-competitive and an inevitable win, rushing is a good thing.
LbonB312 wrote:
Never implied they were not but, okay...

Edit: There cost reflects there performance but
A good nerf if any would be to reduce there healing rate so that 6 Goliath + Engineer Swarm isn't always a GG once they reach your base, This is honestly the only problematic thing about the unit.

Ofc this would only help Low Tier and Mid Tier player's as most High Tier player's will never let such a group of building killers reach there base so early.

Just my $0.02
Now that i can easily agree on. Once goliaths reach your base in numbers, a few goliaths can strip your base and you cant kill them with swarm.
LbonB312 wrote:
It’s not a bloody scarab, build 2 supply pads and an upgraded energy extractor, you’re good to go. Send 3 of em and they’ll put in as much work as twice as many brutes or flamers. For the cost, goliaths and arbiters’ elites are the only rush units that you can rely on to do the job without having to worry about counters.
LbonB312 wrote:
LbonB312 wrote:
It’s not a bloody scarab, build 2 supply pads and an upgraded energy extractor, you’re good to go. Send 3 of em and they’ll put in as much work as twice as many brutes or flamers. For the cost, goliaths and arbiters’ elites are the only rush units that you can rely on to do the job without having to worry about counters.
Pull out a few snipers and Goliath celebration is over. Scouts do a decent job too as long as you keep other units from killing them. Also, a well placed suis can still hurt Goliaths major time. Granades for marines and shrapnel for grunts is a day of the damned against Goliaths. The only reasons their better than Jump brutes is because they huddle together plus the 3rd point engineer swarm. Nobody seems to notice JBs with deci are pretty good because he can eat turrets with Siphon and the fury will strip bases quick if left unnoticed. Goliaths are not good because they are awsome, Colony is the one that is.
LbonB312 wrote:
LbonB312 wrote:
What you're describing in your original comment is
A War of attrition and in a War of Attrition Quantity beats quality.

JPB/Flamers can be just as effective if not better with some passive Like,
Countermeasure (Atrox)
Combat Spoils (Vordis)
Killing frenzy (Deci)

Flamers have
Heat of the Battle/RedLine( Kinsano)
UNSC Raid (Cutter)
Inspire (Jerome)
R&D-Early Global Upgrade (Anders)

Goliath are the biggest noob killer by far because once they reach your base a single LP combo with a enough goliath can often be GG But that doesn't make every other Rush units usless or bad.
(You can read my other post if you want more details on this)

You seem to have completely ignored you own comment while also suggesting
Goliath/Elite Enforcers are the only viable Building Killer's on T1 and that alone tells me you're inexperience and likely have not played many high level game's, nothing wrong with that but you should really consider what someone with more experience is saying instead of responding with something stupid like,
"It’s not a bloody scarab, build 2 supply pads and an upgraded energy extractor, you’re good to go."

Just some food for thought.
Rushing isn't the end all be all for wins. If you manage to break the rush you're rewarded with an easy push opportunity. Very few rushes are actually in the realm of 'unfair' when almost all of them can be prevented with smart playing.
I've been noticing some people complaining about rushing, so I'm going to give my opinion on it. IMO, rushes require some skill to pull of, as it requires you to sacrifice a large amount of your economy and then hide your units to get the jump on your opponent. Fail to do so, your push is screwed. Then for the guy defending it, you need to scout early on. Be aware of what the enemy is doing. This I feel is why rushes can be so effective. Elimination is the result of ignorance. It's your mistake, do better next time.
yeahhhh so leet to build nothing but supply pads then a genny or two followed by an apex to mass air.......
I've been noticing some people complaining about rushing, so I'm going to give my opinion on it. IMO, rushes require some skill to pull of, as it requires you to sacrifice a large amount of your economy and then hide your units to get the jump on your opponent. Fail to do so, your push is screwed. Then for the guy defending it, you need to scout early on. Be aware of what the enemy is doing. This I feel is why rushes can be so effective. Elimination is the result of ignorance. It's your mistake, do better next time.
yeahhhh so leet to build nothing but supply pads then a genny or two followed by an apex to mass air.......
so you lose to any reasonable person that builds an army at T1?
You have the time to stop their flow early on, they still have to tech up, and you've probably already scouted. If you chose to leave them be and not do anything about them, well, you are now facing a problem you could have crushed early on.
I just build towers and upgrade to infantry. I know when someone picks a civ to rush.
TheHinge wrote:
I just build towers and upgrade to infantry. I know when someone picks a civ to rush.
Yes, core infantry makes for an okay AA early game until you could make Reavers and Wolves.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3