Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Air spam is still broken

OP xXDeltaForce8Xx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Ive been playing since day one. And one thing that hasnt changed since then, air spam almost always wins. I legitamatly cant remember the last game i played where someone didn't use it. Anti air is practically useless against them unless you devote your entire army to them. I am so tired of seeing hornets and banshees flying around annihilating everything and you cant do anything about it.
"The fools have sent in air units to harass me they'll learn!"
1v1 me you go air.
1v1 me you go air.
I dont use air. I despise people who use air armies
Vultures are kinda dumb now, but banshees are -Yoink- useless and hornet is counterable. I play a lot of 3s and we pretty much never go air but have a near 100% win rate.
Postums has said time and time again this game is balanced for 1v1. Air in 1v1 is not broken at all. if you have issues in 3s well then you will have to deal with it. its hard to balance this for 1v1 much less 2s and 3s.
I agree. Decimus air done. Pathetic. Also when did the banning of quitting games come into play? Which genius came up with that, especially when you start a game and people have left. I really don’t know why I play this game anymore. Frustrating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3iPVbQFGm0&feature=youtu.be
Absolutely agree with 3v3s air early is powerful bu without marines is week
Postums has said time and time again this game is balanced for 1v1. Air in 1v1 is not broken at all. if you have issues in 3s well then you will have to deal with it. its hard to balance this for 1v1 much less 2s and 3s.
Well thats just great for Postums. Too bad THEY HAVE RANKED TEAM GAMES so clearly that's just his opinion. And it's a crap one.
Hawks are poggers asf
Well thats just great for Postums. Too bad THEY HAVE RANKED TEAM GAMES so clearly that's just his opinion. And it's a crap one.
How is it his opinion..when he's the manager for the game?
How is it his opinion..when he's the community manager and a developer for the game?
playing since day one and still letting them build 120 pop? seems you need to up your tempo.
An opinion, but also a consensus. Unless the game is specifically made for teams gamemodes, RTS is always balanced for 1v1. The only reason we have people like yourself complaining on the forums is because this game attracts Halo fans instead of RTS fans, so they want a more casual experience. Sorry though, just because the game has Halo in the title doesn't mean it's exempt from the typical rules of RTS.
How is it his opinion..when he's the manager for the game?
Because the game itself is disagreeing with him. Disagree as a term implies opinion, not fact.
Are you really arguing that this game isn't balanced around 1v1 and that the creators of the game have an opinion on it lol
Vultures feel like a bit much right now especially when backed by LP’s like Combat Salvage or Heavy Metal.

But, T2 air has been mediocre for years. Only really usable in certain interactions where one player is ahead. Wingman is strong, but it still takes a while to actually get the numbers up to where they’re good.

Stick to the basics and you’ll be okay;

Scout, keep pressure to avoid letting someone build up, and kite/split the best you can.
Tbh the only time when air is an issue is late into T3 tbh because at that point you have most of the researches done already for air but tbh you gotta be too carefull with it cuz air drops too easily to flies even to not fully anti air just marines can easily hard counter a full pop of air especialy if they are a unsc marines with spartan in the comp so air is not broken on the other hand is weak as heck man
I'm sick of everyone saying "oh your not taking them out before they can amass a huge air army? Why are you even playing this game?" So what if I can't rush very well...THAT SHOULDN'T MEAN I SHOULD HAVE TO GET FISTED BY AIR AT T3, which happens EVERY game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2