Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] and they screw it up again, big suprise. NOT!

OP hydranoid17

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
Chill as of right now! It's not officialy confirmed.
If you can earn something without paying, it stops being 'pay to win' like really its annoying that people are hating on 343 for this, if u were a developer and ur game wasnt paying the costs of developing it what would u do? Id do microtransactions that are not required but do give the player a little boost. But I see why people dont see.it the same way, after all we are consumers.
You're funny. There's a vast difference between grinding for hours for 5 req packs vs getting 100 with a single click of the button. As long as you can buy packs, you have a great advantage over those who don't. Therefore, pay to win.
It has never taken me "hours" to earn "5 req packs". In fact, when I do get a Req reward just from playing or leveling up, I tend to be given more than just five. Just play a little Warzone or one of its variants and you can also earn the points to purchase your own Req packs without spending a single real-world dollar.
When I played it takes about an hour for a gold pack unless you use rp boost and win in firefight. Still it does technically take hours for 5 gold req packs.
I hate microtransactions but if it's only for one game mode,which I probably won't play then idc even though I know they shouldn't be in the game
But is it official? We don't know, for all we know, it could be credit based instead of micro transactions, but we don't know.
I appreciate your composure, but let's not be naive.
As soon as we saw that multiplayer vidoc, we all knew what Blitz was about.
it's one game mode I think it will be fun and cool to build a deck FOR 1 GAME MODE. if you don't buy the whole pizza cause 1 slice has pineapple, congratulations you win.
Personally, I'm gonna wait a bit longer before I decide on Halo wars 2. I'll likely buy it used so I can see the campaign and not support microtransactions in my Halo.

I can tell you right now that they aren't fooling me with:
"We made blitz as an accessible, understandable, game mode! With card decks!"

Yeah, card decks that I'm sure I'll be able to buy packs for 2.99$ each.
well to nobodies big surprise 343 have messed up again, microtransactions and pay 2 win in halo wars 2. funny enough i was considering giving this game a try because they at least got the art style right, but no, they have to make another short sighted profit driven decision that i refuse to support or be apart of, anyone with a lick of self respect or standards for what the gaming industry should be should boycott anything with microtransactions and pay 2 win as a matter of principle.

343 req packs didn't work in h5, they won't work here, your company is hated and despised due to its bad practices.

http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/internet-gaming/343-industries-in-kirkland-wa-22725921/

yeesh an F. thats harsh, i almost feel hurt for you, almost, then again you did sell me a faulty product and fail to fix it, you also false marketed.

look, we both have said alot of things your going to regret, but we can put the past behind us, for gaming, you monster.

you will listen to your fanbase and conduct consumer friendly business practices or your company and the series you are responsible for will fail and fade into obscurity and then nothingness.

trust me when i say this, there is no alternative. iv'e done the research.

ps for those cheeky admins who use lack of constructive criticism as an excuse to silence me and remove my posts literally every time.

constructiveness commencing in 3....2......1
you could try not having microtransactions and pay 2 win models in your game.

there.
From what I've seen so far, it's only going to affect one mode. If they start adding in different variants, which can then be used in other modes, then I'm going to start boycotting Halo.,
To be honest I think halo wars 2 will be pretty good but I kinda dont like the ground forces design but my hype for red team
well to nobodies big surprise 343 have messed up again, microtransactions and pay 2 win in halo wars 2. funny enough i was considering giving this game a try because they at least got the art style right, but no, they have to make another short sighted profit driven decision that i refuse to support or be apart of, anyone with a lick of self respect or standards for what the gaming industry should be should boycott anything with microtransactions and pay 2 win as a matter of principle.

343 req packs didn't work in h5, they won't work here, your company is hated and despised due to its bad practices.

http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/internet-gaming/343-industries-in-kirkland-wa-22725921/

yeesh an F. thats harsh, i almost feel hurt for you, almost, then again you did sell me a faulty product and fail to fix it, you also false marketed.

look, we both have said alot of things your going to regret, but we can put the past behind us, for gaming, you monster.

you will listen to your fanbase and conduct consumer friendly business practices or your company and the series you are responsible for will fail and fade into obscurity and then nothingness.

trust me when i say this, there is no alternative. iv'e done the research.

ps for those cheeky admins who use lack of constructive criticism as an excuse to silence me and remove my posts literally every time.

constructiveness commencing in 3....2......1
you could try not having microtransactions and pay 2 win models in your game.

there.
From what I've seen so far, it's only going to affect one mode. If they start adding in different variants, which can then be used in other modes, then I'm going to start boycotting Halo.,
I'm getting to that point. I thought to myself "How the hell are they gonna manage microtransactions in a RTS?"

Sure enough here we are.
We knew 343 were screwups ever since they gave Recon to everyone in H3...
Ruff Stuff Mate
Herecy wrote:
They didn't. Bungie did
Herecy wrote:
They didn't. Bungie did
Ok, how about giving us a good halo game...
Herecy wrote:
Herecy wrote:
They didn't. Bungie did
Also a subjective matter of opinion
Herecy wrote:
Herecy wrote:
They didn't. Bungie did
Also what 75% of the community thinks as well
Herecy wrote:
Herecy wrote:
Herecy wrote:
They didn't. Bungie did
Please provide me with where you got that stat... I'm genuinely interested
Herecy wrote:
Herecy wrote:
Herecy wrote:
They didn't. Bungie did
Look around waypoint - its an educated guess...
Herecy wrote:
Herecy wrote:
Herecy wrote:
Herecy wrote:
They didn't. Bungie did
Mhm.... Depends on which thread you're on. And you realize the entire Halo community doesn't post on waypoint right?
this better not be the future of Halo. If so I'm skipping Halo 6 and it can die off somewhere else. NO MORE MICROTRANSACTIONS
Herecy wrote:
Herecy wrote:
Herecy wrote:
Herecy wrote:
They didn't. Bungie did
Mhm.... Depends on which thread you're on. And you realize the entire Halo community doesn't post on waypoint right?
Yeah
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6