Answer to shield stacking

OP xz Assassino zx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
nothing broken 3 shield stack.

Give me a break, VULTURE + NIGHTGALE are easy of counter.
nothing broken 3 shield stack.

Give me a break, VULTURE + NIGHTGALE are easy of counter.
Sure if they don't see you coming across the map with your very large very slow force. This would only work if they only had one base. What if they had 2-3 to your 2-3 with constant fighting. that strategy goes out the window.
Instead of nerfing shields, can we talk about a UNSC base buff instead?
The shields are the problem. They protect the units underneath and cloak as well when applicable. The bases need be 100% assailed to achieve any effect.

Meaning UNSC bases are up -Yoink- creek as they crumble so quickly when undefended, and they will be undefended as late game turrets aren't of much conseqeunce.

UNSC can't defend and attack banished bases, but Banshished can easily defend their bases and attack UNSC, quickly doing effective damage.
Again so how can we make UNSC better? Give them some sorta buff. I got an idea from the Forge glitch that they recently patched. When you used Grizzly battalion right after dropping combat salvage, the gunships that dropped off the grizzlies would respawn at your home base and defend it (rather well might I add). Why not make this a feature? Basically a defensive Close Air Support. Could be a tier 3 upgrade at the Armory, calls in gunships to ward off an attack. They have the taunt ability of the hunter captain, so they must be killed before the base takes damage. Air upgrades give them more health and damage too. They can respawn on roughly the same timer as the shield. Make some sense?
If you try and go the route of buffing indirectly rather than nerfing the actual problem, or removing the feature, you suddenly need to buff numerous UNSC units and abilities so that all UNSC leaders can be viable, and not just one or two.

This is would then throw the entire balance out the window and now certain Banished units would need buffs.

I think it would be much easier and more effective to just directly address the issue which is shields stacking, and arguably the ability of units to be shielded underneath them. Some units may need to be buffed regardless, but approach the issue head on.
IIA T AII wrote:
H4RR0 wrote:
However its not exactly easy to keep units under a shield/cloak. the easiest is blisterbacks since they can lockdown. honestly a single condor useing its impressive range should work. If they try to counter with aa units pull back and as they follow for just a bit or more they may leave shield and you can shred them. the only unit i can see that may pose a problem is a well paced scarab.
Any good player is microing his units when they leave the shield and would have Engineers to heal units that stepped outside.
But not everyone is a good player 😉
I have to reply you are being so unproductive assassin. We can still beat bad players that was not the issue. Balance is when two players of equal skill can have a fair game. You haven't made one new/good point about the game. You also haven't read any of the detailed posts on the topic.
Are you kidding me the first thing I said was
How about if shield are updated to not charge while under attack and the more shields you have the exponentially longer it takes to recharge and when dealt damage it will stop
Lol. Yeah no. They whole point of nerfing turrets and fortifications in the first place was to mitigate unnecessary long games.

As far as I'm concerned this is not The intended result by creatice assembly and will be fixed.

Not being able to regen while being damaged and longer cooldown with more shield generators are a wonderful starf.

unsc turet upgrade costs should be reduced by 50 energy since you have to switch every one.
Gwan Solo wrote:
Not really sure what was wrong with shields being unable to stack. The buff that lets them recharge mid combat is powerful enough. It's a shame UNSC don't have something similar to shields, like a small healing spire or point-defense turrets.
I wouldn't mind seeing a turret slot used for a base self repair turret and healing near by units. Healing turrets can stack but they don't heal the turret itself in battle allowing the enemy to destroy the turrets when attacking.
H4RR0 wrote:
Gwan Solo wrote:
Not really sure what was wrong with shields being unable to stack. The buff that lets them recharge mid combat is powerful enough. It's a shame UNSC don't have something similar to shields, like a small healing spire or point-defense turrets.
I wouldn't mind seeing a turret slot used for a base self repair turret and healing near by units. Healing turrets can stack but they don't heal the turret itself in battle allowing the enemy to destroy the turrets when attacking.
No. There are already enough healers in the game as well as healing leader powers.
H4RR0 wrote:
Gwan Solo wrote:
I love this idea. They can heal nearby units too. Make it an upgrade for the watchtowers. Like an expensive power upgrade similar to shield generator.
Both factions can turtle fairly well if you use the right base setup. Its just that unsc is a anti unit defense while banished has actual base protection.2-3 siege turrets per base can be a potent counter to most ground armys. I do think unsc could use another defense building. But saying that the shield makes their base/units impossible to kill isnt true. Also while its true that a good player can keep their units fairly well covered, if they have any buildings at all it becomes 10 times harder. the units just dont want to stay safe and unless you move them one by one they dont all fit.
A better solution would be to allow enemy units to pass under the shields and destroy buildings. While under the shield all units will gain its benefits until the shield collapses and the generator is destroyed.
The shield will protect your army/base from leader powers which is very handy.
Still won't solve the issues of invincible armies under the shield. The shield isn't even the whole problem; it's that it gives the enemy a colossal defending advantage by making their troops unkillable. By the time you drop the shield, you've already taken heavy enough losses to lose to their force.
Dude you can't fit a whole army under the shield at a base, stop saying that, the most you can fit is maybe 5-6 units. Like seriously it isn't that big of a deal. Soften up and weaken the base with artillery from long range. For example, Locusts, Kodiaks, or Blisterbacks.
Still won't solve the issues of invincible armies under the shield. The shield isn't even the whole problem; it's that it gives the enemy a colossal defending advantage by making their troops unkillable. By the time you drop the shield, you've already taken heavy enough losses to lose to their force.
Dude you can't fit a whole army under the shield at a base, stop saying that, the most you can fit is maybe 5-6 units. Like seriously it isn't that big of a deal. Soften up and weaken the base with artillery from long range. For example, Locusts, Kodiaks, or Blisterbacks.
That isn't true at all. With micro it's easy to fit upwards of 60 pop under a shield. When those are counter units, they will shred attacking armies. If you can't get more than 5 units sheltered, you may need a new controller.
You literally haven't played a match of 1's since March 31. So I don't think you have any feeling or appreciation of the trouble this causes in 1's, which is the baseline for gameplay and generally considered the most competitive arena.

You can't rely on an ally to double team a base. When it's just yourself trying to bring down stacked shields - god forbid it's cloaked too - your enemy has all the cards in their hand, even more so when you yourself are only UNSC and don't have a true base cracking unit.
The problem with that is time. Buff all bases and it becomes a time sink.
Postums wrote:
The problem with that is time. Buff all bases and it becomes a time sink.
"There was an old lady who swallowed a dog. What a hog! To swallow a dog!
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat.
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird.
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider That wriggled and jiggled and wiggled inside her.
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly. But I don't know why she swallowed that fly.
Perhaps she'll die."

This is more than likely what would happen if instead of directly addressing the shields we instead were to receive chaser buffs external to the actual problem.
If the issue is really the units under the shield than the easiest fix would be to have the shield wrap around the buildings like in Halo Wars 1, it still does it's true purpose while putting the enemy units outside of shield protection.
How about if shield are updated to not charge while under attack and the more shields you have the exponentially longer it takes to recharge and when dealt damage it will stop
How about
1) units dont get shielded under the shields
2) no stacking shields
3) doesnt recharge when the base is under attack?
4) increase the time it takes for the shield to build?
udpu wrote:
How about
2) no stacking shields
Then what is the point of the shield
udpu wrote:
How about
2) no stacking shields
Obviously for your base?
udpu wrote:
udpu wrote:
How about
2) no stacking shields
Obviously for your base?
But like 2 shots and it's down
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3