Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Anyone else feel like cross platform is no bueno?

OP AKAtheFonz

maybe one of you can change my mind, but ive been an avid strategy player for a long time, even back to the broodwar days on PC and i think making one ranked playlist thats cross platform on this game kind of ruins it. I get this game doesnt have the biggest fan base so its necessary, but its undeniable that PC gamers have a pretty large advantage when it comes to control over console gamers.. change my mind
PC players definitely have an advantage, And it shows at champ level. But considering the biggest problem of people below champ/onyx is literally just having a sensible build and a couple of braincells of game sense it doesn't have a very big impact on most of the population. The champ level population is inherently too small really to justify splitting it for "fairness". Especially considering xbox one X also has an advantage over stock (although no where near as much) and I'm sure people would think splitting x users from regular would be ridiculous.
Xbox has implemented mouse and keyboard support, no excuse for wars not to have it. Even the playing field.
Xbox has implemented mouse and keyboard support, no excuse for wars not to have it. Even the playing field.
Halo Wars 2 doesn't have M&KB Support on Xbox One.
Halo Wars 2 doesn't have M&KB Support on Xbox One.
That was exactly his point. He wants it added.
Maybe just add another ranked playlist for xbox players only? Idk, maybe im just being salty but i see some players manage their troops and dodge leader abilities that screams PC platform. Its just not physically possible to control your units with the circular pallette the xbox controller gives you in comparison to a mouse and keyboard with hot keys.
I play on pc but only use a controller because it’s more comfortable. I think without cross compatibility pc players would be screwed.
The toothpaste can't be put back into the tube. I argued ardently against crossplay since before the game came out, but now that it's here, it's here to stay.
AKAtheFonz wrote:
maybe one of you can change my mind, but ive been an avid strategy player for a long time, even back to the broodwar days on PC and i think making one ranked playlist thats cross platform on this game kind of ruins it. I get this game doesnt have the biggest fan base so its necessary, but its undeniable that PC gamers have a pretty large advantage when it comes to control over console gamers.. change my mind
PC players only have an advantage in the top teir play I wouldn’t say it starts at the champ rank for say because you can be pretty bad to decent holding a champ slot. When I say top teir I mean if your able to keep up with players like yoda, mike beston, almi, diverse. That’s when the advantage of having a pc would shine.

But unless your not playing a game where your and the other players skill is on their lv then you shouldn’t worry about pc having an advantage. If your not a player who micros extremely well or your playing someone who has god micro then you shouldn’t worry if they are on console or pc it’s all the same unless your playing top teir players