Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Anyone encountered any suspect cheating?

OP Jaxta

I am absolutely furious right now, I've just had a 1 hour and 20 minute long solo game versus another player. Right from the start I was dominating, I'm writing this as I currently am letting him win (I just stopped training units), because I absolutely cannot beat him. I have 4 bases against his two, at one point this was 5 bases against his 1. I have fully upgraded, ground, air and vehicles. I have tried every possible combination of attack there is from mixed to scorpions, from hornets to vultures, condors, everything imaginable and everything inbetween. Despite my significant resource advantage and constant training of army with logistics fully trained he somehow seems to produce unlimited units at an unbelievable rate with just 2 bases and can use his leader powers again and again in a very short space of time.

Can 2 banished bases really produce enough resource and units on their own that they can hold back someone with 4 bases spamming constant units? I just don't get it. I don't play banished so this is a serious question. Also I have said previously leader powers aren't too bad, well Decimus leader powers are insane when they are maxxed out. I take it back.

I'd say it was a great game but I just don't believe he wasn't hacking in some way, a UNSC player with 2 bases just can't put out the sort of army he was.
Twice I've encountered cheat's/bugs/exploits.

Once in 2v2 deathmatch, I was completely dominating the other two players kept pushing them back further and further, one of them brings out a scarab, no problem I've got loads of hunters and my team mate had two condor's, the single scarab unit (with no back up units) completely destroys our entire army, the opposition used no powers at all.

I have no idea what happened because this scarab seemed to have 10x the amount of health it should normally have.

The 2nd time was in blitz, I had two honor guards chasing down a hero who was cloaked, I also had an engineer with them and despite putting the engineer right on fing top of the enemy unit, it never decloaked so I could never kill it.

Was total BS.

Either way, I reported the users to XBL for cheating, whether both instances were unintentional bugs or straight up exploits, it's up to XBL to figure that out.
Hey Jaxta,

Are you on Xbox Live or Windows? I would feel that a Windows game would have a better chance of any sort of cheating/hacking at the moment. With that said, if you're on Xbox Live, it's not impossible on the console either. I have came to learn that with a combination of an armory which you upgrade logistics, and leader powers, you can pump out units at a high rate of speed. Forge and Isabel, for example, can pump out a full armory of Warthogs in a matter of minutes. When upgraded it takes just seconds per Hog. So although cheating isn't impossible, there are now some leader powers that can really help a player out more than what meets the eye. I would look into it and try some out yourself to see how they play. Like I said, I know Forge and Isabel have them (Forge you can get early and just upgrade the leader power to enhance vehicle development speed as well as reduce the cost).
If unit stats were visible in game or there were replays, it would be more apparent.
Cheaters are normally easy to detect with post game stats like rate of resource gathering (resource level throughout the game, not a grand total) as well as saved replays. Wish they existed.
Nadesicle wrote:
Hey Jaxta,

Are you on Xbox Live or Windows? I would feel that a Windows game would have a better chance of any sort of cheating/hacking at the moment. With that said, if you're on Xbox Live, it's not impossible on the console either. I have came to learn that with a combination of an armory which you upgrade logistics, and leader powers, you can pump out units at a high rate of speed. Forge and Isabel, for example, can pump out a full armory of Warthogs in a matter of minutes. When upgraded it takes just seconds per Hog. So although cheating isn't impossible, there are now some leader powers that can really help a player out more than what meets the eye. I would look into it and try some out yourself to see how they play. Like I said, I know Forge and Isabel have them (Forge you can get early and just upgrade the leader power to enhance vehicle development speed as well as reduce the cost).
It's on Windows/PC :(

He was playing as Decimus, I'll check out his abilities later but I've never seen someone pump out so many units and leader powers so fast. Was just insane! Wish I could have seen his stats.

I have calmed down a bit now but I swear I must have sent more than a dozen 120 armies at him.
EDDS wrote:
Twice I've encountered cheat's/bugs/exploits.

Once in 2v2 deathmatch, I was completely dominating the other two players kept pushing them back further and further, one of them brings out a scarab, no problem I've got loads of hunters and my team mate had two condor's, the single scarab unit (with no back up units) completely destroys our entire army, the opposition used no powers at all.

I have no idea what happened because this scarab seemed to have 10x the amount of health it should normally have.

The 2nd time was in blitz, I had two honor guards chasing down a hero who was cloaked, I also had an engineer with them and despite putting the engineer right on fing top of the enemy unit, it never decloaked so I could never kill it.

Was total BS.

Either way, I reported the users to XBL for cheating, whether both instances were unintentional bugs or straight up exploits, it's up to XBL to figure that out.
Interesting, I've not seen those yet. This guy was chucking scarabs down but they were normal health and I killed them ok enough, but between his 3 scarabs and constant army of hunters and turrets that he kept rebuilding and leader powers he was using, I just have no idea where he got the resources from.
seanonix wrote:
Cheaters are normally easy to detect with post game stats like rate of resource gathering (resource level throughout the game, not a grand total) as well as saved replays. Wish they existed.
Yeah, good point - definitely something to suggest in the suggestions thread.
I'll definitely agree with this sentiment. Me and a friend got the game yesterday on PC and jumped into a 2v2.

As both enthusiasts of the covenant we went as both banished leaders, only to be mass rushed by marines at 5 mins, which we barely pushed back, and then at 10 mins by condors and grizzly's.

Both were forge and I don't know if forge is that blatantly overpowered but getting getting tech level 3 whilst spamming that many marines and buildings doesn't seem right when I have only built 1 grunt squad. I refuse to believe that is possible.
cheater on xbox? LOL mybe bug xploiter and glitched.
I'll definitely agree with this sentiment. Me and a friend got the game yesterday on PC and jumped into a 2v2.

As both enthusiasts of the covenant we went as both banished leaders, only to be mass rushed by marines at 5 mins, which we barely pushed back, and then at 10 mins by condors and grizzly's.

Both were forge and I don't know if forge is that blatantly overpowered but getting getting tech level 3 whilst spamming that many marines and buildings doesn't seem right when I have only built 1 grunt squad. I refuse to believe that is possible.
That's not cheating and very much possible.

That's just how forge is played. His tier 1 power allows faster and cheaper supply pads and generators. Tier 2 is the same for vehicles. Marines only cost supplies, so once the initial set up is complete, he can just spam marines until he has enough energy to tech his base up. It's a pretty common strategy for him.
Right, so that is just how forge is. As said, new to the game so I just found it a pretty jarring experience, as the campaign doesn't prepare you for anything like it at all.

Out of curiosity, what is a banished leader supposed to do against such a strategy? Elite rangers barely kill marines and will be flattened by the impending grizzlys, and any hunters built to kill the grizzly's will be killed by marines and condors as they are useless against anything that isn't a vehicle and you need to build a hefty amount of reavers to take down a condor and reavers stand no chance against marines and grizzly's.

That leads to the only viable strategy I can think of being a rush to try stop him from upgrading and building the units, but marines beat grunts early game and with his bonus resources he's going to outnumber you with troops anyway. I am really out of ideas.
Upgraded choppers would wipe out a marine rush. Grunts aren't as good as marines but you can build enough of them and a turret or two to prevent them wiping your base. If you've just started you'll learn quickly how to adapt, I play a lot of games and its rare I can kill anyone with marine rush these days, I more just use them to control the map.

I've had this happen to be as well and I've tried to copy the tactics they used (scanned the map after they killed my bases) and I can not get close to the what they had coming at me around 6 minutes in. really sucks :(
Speaking about this hacking I found something similar this is 2020 halo wars tho 2 cutters and a forge in 20 minutes they all had pretty much on the dot 60k resources one 60 one 58 and one 54 and they constantly just built air units all 3 of them and I even have a recording of me doing a rain of fire and it didnt even work it spawned but disappeared straight away.
Sounds like he 300'd the heck out of that game. If he was cheating he would've probably won in the first few minutes.
Jaxta wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
Hey Jaxta,

It's on Windows/PC :(

He was playing as Decimus, I'll check out his abilities later but I've never seen someone pump out so many units and leader powers so fast. Was just insane! Wish I could have seen his stats.

I have calmed down a bit now but I swear I must have sent more than a dozen 120 armies at him.
I had a long game against decimus yesterday and he used his leader powers around 136 times to my mere 40 or so times. Decimus spams a lot of leader powers. Also his units excel at the late game because of syphon, and his two hero units are tanks that can destroy armies on their own.