FFs, You must have Selective Reading..Coconut25 wrote:So am I to understand that you are simultaneously telling me that I am bad at the game for trying to counter air wiJer their hard counter instead of using air to counter air while also defending the idea that air is balanced?UpAllNight IV wrote:There are soo many things wrong with your story, put simply you're bad and got out played.Coconut25 wrote:
Siege turrets have more range then Kodiaks so you where neve going to get in range, instead you should've used Vultures Y Ability to nuke the base
You can also combo them with
Combat Salvage to save all your vultures after there suicide mission.
The 2nd option you had was to add a few nightngales to your AA And Tanks army
(instead of wasting pop on useless Artillery)
The nightngales can use there Y Ability to prevent the Siege turrets from attacking long enough for your army to close the gap and get close to the base,
Once you're ontop of the base the Siege turrets become useless and with just a handfull of AA he wont be able to defend with any air army.
These are just the first thing that come to mind but after typing this out i can count at least another2 strategy that would beat this.
Because what I just read was that countering air is more effective if I just mirror his air as opposed to USING THEIR COUNTER
The entire thread is about how AA isn't effective, and your solution to well micro'd air is mirroring air and using combat salvage - and maybe you are right and that was the best choice in how I should have handled it - but what exactly is the -Yoinking!- point of AA if you can do just as good a job with hornets/banshees and have the added bonus of actually being able to attack bases with them.
Also, I strongly disagree with Kodiaks being worthless. Four Kodiaks can and absolutely do soften up any massed ground army, and at only 6 pop each, they're very cost-effective if positioned correctly.
Oh, and, as I stated in my original post, he was using KODIAKS and not siege turrets. His base had anti vehicle turrets, which combined with his healing air cloud and Kodiaks he had spread out, absolutely shredded my wolverines. We weren't evenly matched - I was better. I beat his Jerome Mantis opener with a combination of Forgehog and marine spam positioning. I beat his warthog spam by forcing him back to his base - I even took out a generator - before coming back with a few grizzly tanks from the drop and some kodiaks. I even called his switch to air and had wolverines prepared. Those broke even with his hornet spam. Which kept happening until he eventually grinded my position down and I lost.
If the solution to beating air spam is to counter air spam and not build a large amount of wolverines and slowly bomb his base into oblivion from the high ground I do believe AA is worthless, because currently with proper microing you can keep breaking even with the people using AA until they make a mistake and then you take a base and its over.
Let me break this down for you.
1. Your AA lost because of Kodiaks not his Air
You chased his Air into his No-MansLand without any kind of support.
2. You're NOT Countering his Air with your Air, You're Destroying his only source of units and resources with Vultures, this is the UNSC Go-to strategy to crack a Tuttle.
3. You completely ignore my 2nd Strategy,
which would work the same with Siege Turrets or Kodiak and would utilize Your AA To Hard counter his Air.
4. A 3rd Strategy you could've used is to use forge Transport ability to drop a full army onto his doorstep and destroy his base and his air army before the Kodiaks could even get your units down to half health, you could also use transport to drop right on top of his Kodiaks and flank with the rest of your army, having any kind of AA in both these groups would render his Air Useless.
4. You say you're good because you held off his early game and stop his hogs and predicted his Air yet you still lost, any competent player would be able to carry that advantage to win but instead you lost because of your lack of strategys
(I.E you're Bad, Gitgud)
Btw forge is the best UNSC Atm and Jerome is bottom 3 on the UNSC side.
Also Kodiaks are useless at killing bases
and dealing with Air Which seems to be all he had in your Description of the game.