April Patch notes discussion

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
Please use this thread to discuss the patch notes posted here.
These are planned to go live on 3/30/18
Yes! So hype!
Amazing!
With the adjustments to cloak detection I feel shipmaster will stay underperforming (edit): shipmasters glassing beam is god tier
How many of these changes affect Blitz?
No splash for Cutter's Jerome's Laser? I thought that was on the docket for him...
I believe that all Unit specific effects also will effect their interaction in Blitz. Unit values seem to be a general value in HW2, so there must be no separation between dealing with them in DM or Blitz. Example: Core-Air DMG modifier is 1.3 in DM vs T3 vehicles, so I guess this is the same value for their DMG modifier in Blitz.

Beside that there have been only a few card cost updates, which were Blitz specific.
Blitz is split out entirely separate from standard MP in terms of balance minus a few things. We are planning to look at ways to improve blitz balance in the future much more significantly than just casting costs. But it's coming up in the future.
Postums wrote:
Blitz is split out entirely separate from standard MP in terms of balance. We are planning to look at ways to improve blitz balance in the future much more significantly than just casting costs. But it's coming up in the future.
Thanks for that update Postums.

Sadder has done a great job and informed us about coming balance changes for Blitz and also gathered input.

There exists a "Halo Wars BLITZ Champions" club, which contains almost 95% of all the active top players in Blitz. If needed and asked for, I strongly believe that we all can put together a lot of objective and deep-insight inputs for balancing Blitz.

Kind regards
TYRELL zx wrote:
Postums wrote:
Blitz is split out entirely separate from standard MP in terms of balance. We are planning to look at ways to improve blitz balance in the future much more significantly than just casting costs. But it's coming up in the future.
Thanks for that update Postums.

Sadder has done a great job and informed us about coming balance changes for Blitz and also gathered input.

There exists a "Halo Wars BLITZ Champions" club, which contains almost 95% of all the active top players in Blitz. If needed and asked for, I strongly believe that we all can put together a lot of objective and deep-insight inputs for balancing Blitz.

Kind regards
That sounds like a great part of the community for me to talk with. Do you all have a place you chat? Please PM me so I can hop in and see what people are talking about and want to see changed.
so far so good, maybe we could see a wingman damage reduction against AA like the banshee bomb after once we see how the performance of this patch works.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
At first glance I'm slightly concerned about Cutter's flamer rush being too effective (idk if the bufff on scout will be enough, specially on fissures). And we'll see about air, being AA and marines vs air so buffed.

Anyway, hyped to see how it works!
Bauer8056 wrote:
At first glance I'm slightly concerned about Cutter's flamer rush being too effective (idk if the bufff on scout will be enough, specially on fissures). And we'll see about air, being AA and marines vs air so buffed.

Jackrabbits and choppers, ghost are getting stronger so that can counter it much easier.
Bauer8056 wrote:

It’s really hard for UNSC to rush a UNSC and I am confident that choppers and suis will be able to handle flamers more than enough
Postums wrote:
Blitz is split out entirely separate from standard MP in terms of balance minus a few things. We are planning to look at ways to improve blitz balance in the future much more significantly than just casting costs. But it's coming up in the future.
I know DM and Blitz are spectate, just wanted to it any changes here were being applied to Blitz.

Thank you!
Overall the patch looks good, disappointing that the Hunter Captain fix wasn't addressed however. Unless it is not a part of the patch notes.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Ansi Tanom wrote:
Overall the patch looks good, disappointing that the Hunter Captain fix wasn't addressed however. Unless it is not a part of the patch notes.
What's wrong with everyone's favorite lekgolo captain?
Great... Only am not sure about how shipmasters mass cloak ability would work with these changes. A reduction in detect range should be added when a shipmaster activates his mass cloaking. (make it non-stackable)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11