OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11
chorchi2 - Please don't post multiple times in a row, thanks. You can edit your last post to add more information
chorchi2 wrote:
I still feel that the hornet rush is way too strong, even with an army of reavers I am overcome :(
Ive had the same issue with the hornets but it ususally depends on the leader thats making them. Jerome and serina are the ones that with the leaser powers and the freezimg ability her units have make your AA useless as she freezes then and then you cannot attack. Jerome will do something similar with his isnpire abilities he has. He will use jerome with the mantis, air units and inspire the units with passive power and jermome near them then he will drop he bomb drop thing that inspires his units more and -Yoinks!- u up.
Exactly. It’s just the sheer number of players that see it as a go-to tactic without a decisive counter :/ Every couple of games I have to deal with at least one player doing a hornet spam :(
I can’t speak for many scout/ rush unit interactions, but yesterday I had flamers attack a base and they were decimated by a jackrabbit - I tried to chase it down with marines (which fair better) but it kited them to death and returned to mop up the remaining flamers.

It was against a Forge, so when the hero turned up I didn’t stand a chance and lost the game - so a word of warning/ advice to all, back up your rush units with whatever AV you can at tech 1.

Be interested to hear about your experiences! (I might be late to the game here, dissertation is taking up too much of my spare time...)
Did the beam ability get stronger??? It absolutely destroys my air units even at level 3. I had a 120 army and one beam ate thru like half of it...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm a little concerned with jerome. He really is a hidden gem because of his mastadons. Hopefully the speed buff won't be too punishing when people kite with snipers garrisoned inside.
I agree with everything you say except that Jerome isn’t a hidden gem because he’s one of the most played leaders. Unless you mean his mastodons are a hidden gem.
I'm a little concerned with jerome. He really is a hidden gem because of his mastadons. Hopefully the speed buff won't be too punishing when people kite with snipers garrisoned inside.
I agree with everything you say except that Jerome isn’t a hidden gem because he’s one of the most played leaders. Unless you mean his mastodons are a hidden gem.
At the time of the post i didn't see Jerome having a high pick rate. Based on that I said that he was pretty underrated for how good he is.
Dear 343 .

clenense beam its very power full, it is work better of inferno and erradication.

Jerome-092 need some love.

*Time of hero need 2 points that need to change maybe to 60 not 40 first point, 2 to 90 not 60.
*the Victories mines of jerome its a shame , nobody use. its time waste and cost 2 points. (very expensive)
*Enduring Salvo that power have low damage and easy to dodge dont work good in mid and late game.
*Mastodon its fine nothing to change
*Victory turret its fine too.
*Spartan morale so expensive, but work good.
*Field Promotion its very very Expensive need change to 500/500, leaders power like Spirit assault, are less of 800/800 and give 4 units with veterancy.
*Omega Team, 30 of population its so high, after that patch snipers and tanks kill very very easy one spartan. this power can only be used if you have great advantage in game,otherwise you are penalized for the expensive price and for being easy to counter.

Jerome mantis need speed i think him is the slowest unit of that game.
Dear 343 .

clenense beam its very power full, it is work better of inferno and erradication.

Jerome-092 need some love.

*Time of hero need 2 points that need to change maybe to 60 not 40 first point, 2 to 90 not 60.
*the Victories mines of jerome its a shame , nobody use. its time waste and cost 2 points. (very expensive)
*Enduring Salvo that power have low damage and easy to dodge dont work good in mid and late game.
*Mastodon its fine nothing to change
*Victory turret its fine too.
*Spartan morale so expensive, but work good.
*Field Promotion its very very Expensive need change to 500/500, leaders power like Spirit assault, are less of 800/800 and give 4 units with veterancy.
*Omega Team, 30 of population its so high, after that patch snipers and tanks kill very very easy one spartan. this power can only be used if you have great advantage in game,otherwise you are penalized for the expensive price and for being easy to counter.

Jerome mantis need speed i think him is the slowest unit of that game.
Field promotion can make give veterancy to more than 4 units so it makes sense to be more expensive than drops, it could maybe be cheaper but 500/500 is far too cheap.

Tanks don't kill spartans very easily unless you're dropping on a large group of them, Omega Team can just jack them.

Jerome's mantis is plenty fast enough, the Hunter Captain and Locusts are the slowest ground units in the game. Jerome already matches most infantry in speed and with his massive sight and weapon range he can deal large damage with his missiles while playing keep away until all the opposition is dead.
343 & Creative Assembly fix the % given for w/l! Out of my last 20 games (all ranked 1v1) I've lost 3. Want to know how many tiers/levels (diamond 1-7 etc..) I've gone up??? 0! That is garbage why should I even bother playing if I'm just going to get 2% per win and then get 50% taken for a single f'ing loss. I get that I shouldn't get much for beating lower levels but 2%??? Come on that's trash. There has to be something that can be done to balance this. I'm about done playing since there's no point in trying to grind up the ranks.
Dnye92 wrote:
Love the all caps, definitely doesn't make your post harder to read /s
Dnye92 wrote:
Sorry just super frustrated with it. I gotchu tho

343 & Creation fix the % given for w/l! Out of my last 20 games (all ranked 1v1) I've lost 3. Want to know how many tiers/levels (diamond 1-7 etc..) I've gone up??? 0! That is garbage why should I even bother playing if I'm just going to get 2% per win and then get 50% taken for a single f'ing loss. I get that I shouldn't get much for beating lower levels but 2%??? Come on that's trash. There has to be something that can be done to balance this. I'm about done playing since there's no point in trying to grind up the ranks.
Dnye92 wrote:
Dnye92 wrote:

343 & Creation fix the % given for w/l! Out of my last 20 games (all ranked 1v1) I've lost 3. Want to know how many tiers/levels (diamond 1-7 etc..) I've gone up??? 0! That is garbage why should I even bother playing if I'm just going to get 2% per win and then get 50% taken for a single f'ing loss. I get that I shouldn't get much for beating lower levels but 2%??? Come on that's trash. There has to be something that can be done to balance this. I'm about done playing since there's no point in trying to grind up the ranks.
Couldn't agree more, I'm not a fan of the ways that CSR is currently distributed.
Dnye92 wrote:
Dnye92 wrote:

Hey Dnye92,

Based on the game in question (I believe you are talking about this one here), you were at the start of the game a diamond 1 who lost to a Gold 6. That's a pretty large skill placement gap and is the reason you lost a lot when you did. It is unfortunate that it happened, but because of the rank differences and the calculations - that is how it currently works. I'm sorry you dislike it and I'm actively looking into how our MMR and all of the fully functions to see if there are room for improvements as many players have openly discussed the dislike of how ranking up from matches is handled.

Cheers,
Postums
Postums wrote:
Dnye92 wrote:
Dnye92 wrote:

Hey Dnye92,

Based on the game in question (I believe you are talking about this one here), you were at the start of the game a diamond 1 who lost to a Gold 6. That's a pretty large skill placement gap and is the reason you lost a lot when you did. It is unfortunate that it happened, but because of the rank differences and the calculations - that is how it currently works. I'm sorry you dislike it and I'm actively looking into how our MMR and all of the fully functions to see if there are room for improvements as many players have openly discussed the dislike of how ranking up from matches is handled.

Cheers,
Postums
Unfortunate indeed, atrox is a tough leader to crack late game. Are you able to share the current calculations for MMR?
Dnye92 wrote:
Postums wrote:
Dnye92 wrote:
Dnye92 wrote:
343 & Creation FIX THE % GIVEN FOR W/L! OUT OF MY LAST 20 GAMES (ALL RANKED 1V1) I'VE LOST 3. WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY TIERS/LEVELS (DIAMOND 1-7 ETC..) I'VE GONE UP??? 0! THAT IS GARBAGE WHY SHOULD I EVEN BOTHER PLAYING IF I'M JUST GOING TO GET 2% PER WIN AND THEN GET 50% TAKEN FOR A SINGLE F'ING LOSS. I GET THAT I SHOULDN'T GET MUCH FOR BEATING LOWER LEVELS BUT 2%??? COME ON THAT'S TRASH. THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING THAT CAN BE DONE TO BALANCE THIS. I'M ABOUT DONE PLAYING SINCE THERE'S NO POINT IN TRYING TO GRIND UP THE RANKS.

Hey Dnye92,

Cheers,
Postums
Unfortunate indeed, atrox is a tough leader to crack late game. Are you able to share the current calculations for MMR?
I cannot share the calculations behind how MMR is calculated at this time.
I didn't want to make a new thread for this... Weren't we supposed to get a new patch by mid/late april? I need that hog buff :/
Please nurf Paviums Lich Vanguard it seems that it can wipe out anti air units like nothing. Where as with Cutter's close air support, it be countered with 10 to 12 anti air units. Also, it seems that Johnson's colossus unit and and EMP ability is over powered. Example, I played a match were two colossus units took out 10 of my level 3 cyclopes.
What also would be nice is if the scarab population was increased to only allow for 2 scarabs per person instead of 3 like the good ol halo Wars 1 days.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11