Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

[Locked] Arbiter ain't that powerful then the elite honor

OP RockinHeads

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I don't think camo would fix the problem, and even so, I also don't think he should have that kind of central concept on the field. Both Halo Wars 1 and 2 portrayed him without camo and I think it was for a good reason!
We see and are verbally told even by Forge himself that Arbiter Ripa is massive, bigger than the average elite, and with this, his strength and endurance boosts him so far up the spectrum that shooting him 5 times in the hand will only making him drop the energy sword his is holding, hahaha!
He's obviously able to take a lot of punishment, and if that's how his design is made, that's probably how he should keep his playstyle. Having camo just because he had it in that cutscene is kind've like Jerome's enduring conviction ability being based on that one thing that he did that one time, not what he's based around.

Spoiler:
Show
He could be a berserker elite, one not needing the hindering stealth tactics in his kit all times.
Also I've seen the video of him getting killed by Honour guard, but there wasn't a clear battle there, you never know, arbiter might've won with that last upgrade!
I think they should allow player to have 2 or 3 honor gaurds and maybe nerf a tiny bit, or give honor gaurd an active lunge ability that does more damage than and allows him to jump up cliffs, and if anything for arbiter give him a knock back or stun when he enters rage so he doesn't die instantly afterwards and since he is an elite and is known for being cloaked, maybe give him a temperary cloak when he's at low health.
And what was your point in reviving this thread that's been dead for two months?
Spoiler:
Show
They should remake that video as it is highly missleading. They didn't use Arbiter's special ability once.
I agree they should've added at least one segment that showed Arby's attack power with rage vs normal Honor Guard but it doesn't change the fact that in an actual 1v1 battle Honor Guard would use camo and beat Arby.

And honestly I'm okay with that outcome. Arby not only has rage, but he can also (after his second upgrade) activate conduit for the troops around him, easily making him the deadlier and more useful leader to have. That Honor Guard functions well as an invisible single agent is fine by me.
Double O honor guard ?
If you put the arbiter in a fight with the honor guard the arbiter wins until you get to the final upgrade with honor guard gaining cloak. While honor guard technically wins the arbiter wins every upgrade before, that being said however there is no,"better leader" honor guard is supposed to be used with multiple abilities, be able to scout and pick off bases if they don't have watchtower, capture power nodes, punish people for not building detect units, while he's good at battling he's nowhere near as good as Arby, which his main focus is attack. In my opinion since each one has separate things they're supposed to be used for there is no decided best leader, but that's just my take on it
Limeshake wrote:
I think they should allow player to have 2 or 3 honor gaurds and maybe nerf a tiny bit, or give honor gaurd an active lunge ability that does more damage than and allows him to jump up cliffs, and if anything for arbiter give him a knock back or stun when he enters rage so he doesn't die instantly afterwards and since he is an elite and is known for being cloaked, maybe give him a temperary cloak when he's at low health.
And what was your point in reviving this thread that's been dead for two months?
Spoiler:
Show
I probably didn't look at the date it was last mentioned.
Limeshake wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
I probably didn't look at the date it was last mentioned.
And yet you just did it again.
Please don't revive old threads. Thanks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2