Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Arbiter vs Jerome Solo war

OP Haynesworth92

I've been play some solo war lately, and I have been struggling vs Jerome with arbiter. I like to rush, but should I just bite the bullet and turtle, or is their a way to be aggressive vs jerome. Also would ghost be the ideal opener, or does it make sense to make the arbiter and upgrade him early. Also mastodons tech two how do you stop them.
I've been play some solo war lately, and I have been struggling vs Jerome with arbiter. I like to rush, but should I just bite the bullet and turtle, or is their a way to be aggressive vs jerome. Also would ghost be the ideal opener, or does it make sense to make the arbiter and upgrade him early. Also mastodons tech two how do you stop them.
i dont play arbiter but i do main shipmaster which is similar in a few ways. try making ghosts verses jerome at t1 they are pretty powerful and they can kill jeromes units with rams and good kiting. If the jerome gets grenades with his marines and an upgraded leader then just get t2 before him because you will be outclassed at t1. at t2 i will make hunters , elite rangers , maraulders , reavers , locust , shrouds and engineers to counter jeromes mastadons. my reasoning behind this army selection is you need a good way to kill the mastadons (hunters) , while having units to tank hits (maraulders). You also need to be able to kill any nightngales they try to make (reavers). Then you need to be able to kill any infantry inside including their leader (elite rangers and maraulders) while still keeping your units alive (shrounds and engineers). locust allow you to counter attack and cripple or destroy a base. i find this army comp works really well against Jerome. it does cost alot of power but if you keep pressing against his side then he wont be given much breathing room. since you play the arbiter you could stasis half his army and take the other half out, then finish the other half off once the stasis is over. if you can get t3 then hunters, wraiths, and reavers works even better.
so for me i like arbiter. if i do use him you can elite enforcer rush
or make a solid elite enforcer army to take map control.
i wouldn’t recommend turtling but make sure your presence is known on your side of the map. ex power nodes or expansions even garrisons. as for mastodons i haven’t played against them a lot but i would assume tanks. the infantry units that can go inside a mastodon can’t harm tanks that much. even cyclops don’t do much against tanks. they do better against lighter armor. but you can play arbiter well you just need practice and if he suits how you like to play
For arbiter rush I go .

2 supplies
1 gen, upgrade
produce grunts as many as you can to gather resources and gain map control
2 barracks

As soon you 1 enforcer being produced lock in your base. Until you have about 50 population the goal is to have as many before 3 Minutes. You want to unlock your base at around 2:45 and coming out of a straight line . The grunts you have on the field need to be up front first to protect the enforcers . And the grunts you already had prior you need to keep them alive and use them as bait, or field of vision to know what is going on on the field at all times .

if you see a second base. Attack the main base.
if you see snipers then fall back regroup and sneak attack another way. As long as your enforcers are alive you are a big threat no matter how far in the game you are. Always keep moving .

ive won games with tiered enforcers only against pretty good opponents with air units snipers and flame throwers. You just gotta find the right moment for that sneak attack and use those ability powers.
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
For arbiter rush I go .

2 supplies
1 gen, upgrade
produce grunts as many as you can to gather resources and gain map control
2 barracks

As soon you 1 enforcer being produced lock in your base. Until you have about 50 population the goal is to have as many before 3 Minutes. You want to unlock your base at around 2:45 and coming out of a straight line . The grunts you have on the field need to be up front first to protect the enforcers . And the grunts you already had prior you need to keep them alive and use them as bait, or field of vision to know what is going on on the field at all times .

if you see a second base. Attack the main base.
if you see snipers then fall back regroup and sneak attack another way. As long as your enforcers are alive you are a big threat no matter how far in the game you are. Always keep moving .

ive won games with tiered enforcers only against pretty good opponents with air units snipers and flame throwers. You just gotta find the right moment for that sneak attack and use those ability powers.
That is what I normally do, its just most people get the Jerome right before the three minute mark and by that point the jerome can just wipe my army out as he is hard to catch. This strategy does work very well against most other leaders though.