Artillery is ruining the game.

OP KillerConezzz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
evils wrote:
I find artillery to be in this very strange spot currently; it's nothing in small numbers, but overwhelming in larger numbers.

For exmaple, if I'm playing a map like Rift, Bedrock, Sentry, or any map when my bases are close to one another, I can have several Siege Turrets and several Kodiaks shooting at one army at any given time once I get eyes on them. No amount of Nightingales, Shrouds, or healing is going to be able protect an army from that. Yes, Shrouds block shots, but they're not going to stop the 15+ shells being bombarded at an army, especially with the 8+ Wolves shooting at them. Yes, Nightingale smoke can block out artillery for a few seconds, but it's extremely unlikely there will be enough Nightingales to get every artillery piece, and more importantly, the smoke doesn't offer enough time to take out all the artillery.

Sure, someone could try mass air, but I'll already be ahead in upgrades and probably eco at that point. And on smaller maps, like the ones I mentioned, the bases are so close that the mobility of air will mean little to nothing. Moreover, the player making artillery will be prepared for the air, as artillery phases out Inf/Vehicles and forces a player to go air.

I haven't even started talking about Serina/Anders artillery yet, either. Oh my gosh. Take everything I just said, and multiply it by about 25; that's how awful their Siege spam is. It's dumb and annoying.

All in all, bases in the late game are already hard enough to break due to units having very poor base damage, and artillery makes breaking bases even more annoying.

My recommendations?

• Siege Turrets NEED to be toned down. For something that requires no population, no micro, and can shoot half way across the map, they're too much. I don't care if it's a damage nerf, splash nerf, range nerf, velocity nerf, or all of the above. They need to be toned down.
  • Siege Turrets also should scale in price, similar to Mega Turrets.
  • T3 Heavy Vehicles (Scorpions, Wraiths, etc.) should take less damage from Siege. These slow, bulky units should be able to tank more damage and push through artillery lines, and not get rinsed immediately.
i agree but it doesn’t bother me as 1/3 of my army is always banshees so if I see a Kodiak I will quickly destroy it and same with siege turrets but I like playing as shipmaster so if a base filed with siege turrets annoys me I usually use mass cloaking and destroy the enemy base fast but if I play as a unsc leader it’s a completely different story as I don’t have access to mass cloaking or teleport so where do I begin to have your army survive with at least 75% health you need plenty of nightingales and serina and anders are so annoying if I had to pick which one I would consider more annoying it would be serina but lucky I don’t see much serina players nowadays so yeah
evils wrote:
I find artillery to be in this very strange spot currently; it's nothing in small numbers, but overwhelming in larger numbers.

For exmaple, if I'm playing a map like Rift, Bedrock, Sentry, or any map when my bases are close to one another, I can have several Siege Turrets and several Kodiaks shooting at one army at any given time once I get eyes on them. No amount of Nightingales, Shrouds, or healing is going to be able protect an army from that. Yes, Shrouds block shots, but they're not going to stop the 15+ shells being bombarded at an army, especially with the 8+ Wolves shooting at them. Yes, Nightingale smoke can block out artillery for a few seconds, but it's extremely unlikely there will be enough Nightingales to get every artillery piece, and more importantly, the smoke doesn't offer enough time to take out all the artillery.

Sure, someone could try mass air, but I'll already be ahead in upgrades and probably eco at that point. And on smaller maps, like the ones I mentioned, the bases are so close that the mobility of air will mean little to nothing. Moreover, the player making artillery will be prepared for the air, as artillery phases out Inf/Vehicles and forces a player to go air.

I haven't even started talking about Serina/Anders artillery yet, either. Oh my gosh. Take everything I just said, and multiply it by about 25; that's how awful their Siege spam is. It's dumb and annoying.

All in all, bases in the late game are already hard enough to break due to units having very poor base damage, and artillery makes breaking bases even more annoying.

My recommendations?

• Siege Turrets NEED to be toned down. For something that requires no population, no micro, and can shoot half way across the map, they're too much. I don't care if it's a damage nerf, splash nerf, range nerf, velocity nerf, or all of the above. They need to be toned down.
  • Siege Turrets also should scale in price, similar to Mega Turrets.
  • T3 Heavy Vehicles (Scorpions, Wraiths, etc.) should take less damage from Siege. These slow, bulky units should be able to tank more damage and push through artillery lines, and not get rinsed immediately.
i agree but it doesn’t bother me as 1/3 of my army is always banshees so if I see a Kodiak I will quickly destroy it and same with siege turrets but I like playing as shipmaster so if a base filed with siege turrets annoys me I usually use mass cloaking and destroy the enemy base fast but if I play as a unsc leader it’s a completely different story as I don’t have access to mass cloaking or teleport so where do I begin to have your army survive with at least 75% health you need plenty of nightingales and serina and anders are so annoying if I had to pick which one I would consider more annoying it would be serina but lucky I don’t see much serina players nowadays so yeah
umm...detection can see through clooak.
Yes but not everyone uses watch Towers or separate their army’s
Its never a good idea to rely on your opponent being bad for your strategies to work out. That's like playing chess with no strategy but just hoping that your opponent doesn't notice that you can take his queen.
THEWALL766 wrote:
Its never a good idea to rely on your opponent being bad for your strategies to work out. That's like playing chess with no strategy but just hoping that your opponent doesn't notice that you can take his queen.
Your right but almost everyone I go up against never uses them and if they did I would have one or two locusts ready to take them out also in case my plan doesn’t work out of course I have a backup plan as there is a lot teleport can do offensively and defensively
iseeOwls wrote:
iseeOwls wrote:
iseeOwls wrote:
iseeOwls wrote:
iseeOwls wrote:
Kodiacs are easy to counter. Sounds like its the player at fault not the game.
And that easy counter is? I also never said they weren't counterable. Only that it is very anoying to see these super turtles happen so often.
Cyclops and Air units. Or hunters and air.

It isnt rocket science.
Kodiaks > AV units due to range and any air can easily be countered by wolverines. I already covered this in my original post. Try to imagine the enemies base is on the high ground (ashes, sentry, ECT ECT). Your infantry is more vulnerable to kodiaks/ siege turrets and if you suicide air units to trade with the Kodiaks, you haven't broken the enemy player. You still can't attack with air because of the wolverines that are defending. Even if you kill the Kodiaks you still have to contend with siege turrets as well. On the map ashes for example, all 3 bases can support each other with 1 watch tower 3 siege turrets. After fortification upgrades a single volley from any base would red bar hunters / cyclopses before they even get close.
Then build full pop cap of banshees/hornets and run through it. Cloak the banshees etc.
A full pop of air will die to 8 or 9 wolverines and they detect stealth.
The situation(s) you are describing ive encountered many times. Its called turtling.

The only solution is *Air. 8 or 9 wolverines wont destroy a full pop of banshees. Even after the update.
What Halo Wars have you played? Guess i missed Halo Wars 3 launch. Unless your deci or even arby, 8-9 wolfs will beat mass Wolfs.
8-9 wolfs will beat mass wolfs...

Okay...
8-9 wolves can beat mass wolves, with leader powers lol
iseeOwls wrote:
iseeOwls wrote:
iseeOwls wrote:
iseeOwls wrote:
iseeOwls wrote:
Kodiacs are easy to counter. Sounds like its the player at fault not the game.
And that easy counter is? I also never said they weren't counterable. Only that it is very anoying to see these super turtles happen so often.
Cyclops and Air units. Or hunters and air.

It isnt rocket science.
Kodiaks > AV units due to range and any air can easily be countered by wolverines. I already covered this in my original post. Try to imagine the enemies base is on the high ground (ashes, sentry, ECT ECT). Your infantry is more vulnerable to kodiaks/ siege turrets and if you suicide air units to trade with the Kodiaks, you haven't broken the enemy player. You still can't attack with air because of the wolverines that are defending. Even if you kill the Kodiaks you still have to contend with siege turrets as well. On the map ashes for example, all 3 bases can support each other with 1 watch tower 3 siege turrets. After fortification upgrades a single volley from any base would red bar hunters / cyclopses before they even get close.
Then build full pop cap of banshees/hornets and run through it. Cloak the banshees etc.
A full pop of air will die to 8 or 9 wolverines and they detect stealth.
The situation(s) you are describing ive encountered many times. Its called turtling.

The only solution is *Air. 8 or 9 wolverines wont destroy a full pop of banshees. Even after the update.
What Halo Wars have you played? Guess i missed Halo Wars 3 launch. Unless your deci or even arby, 8-9 wolfs will beat mass Wolfs.
8-9 wolfs will beat mass wolfs...

Okay...
8-9 wolves can beat mass wolves, with leader powers lol
Everyone knows that the wolverine is a hard counter to the wolverine.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3