[Locked] Ask the Team!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
Hi folks - As we're past the one-month mark and coming up fast on the release of the next leader for Halo Wars 2 (along with what I assume will be able balance adjustment) I wanted to once again open the floor to some Q&A with players and the team.

I'm going to kick off an old fashioned Q&A where you post questions in this thread, I round them up and send to the CA and 343 team and then I post the answers. Cool? Cool. Of course please keep in mind that not every question can be answered but please do ask whatever is most pressing and top of mind for you and we'll do our best.

I'll leave question submission open until at least EOD tomorrow and see what we've got (I want to turn this around quickly but I also want to make sure we have a good representative submission sample). thanks!

Mod edit: A bunch of questions were answered by 343 during a Community Update
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/leggo-my-lekgolo
Why don't you connect HW2 PC version with for example steam? Don't you think the playerbase is too little?
Will there be old Halo Ranks after the first 50? (For example Recruit- General/ Mythic- Inheritor)
Will there be eSports?
Also will there be an artbook?

EDIT April 6th: Can we get a better coded grouping system so you don't mess up the whole group by adding a unit already in the group and a unit not in the group at the same time. It shouldn't overwrite the group if adding. There should be an extra shortcut if you want to overwrite, else it's only adding regardless if unit is already in the group or not
Is there a timeline for adding a separate Party teams playlist?
Are they aware of Cutter's battle hardened not working and canister shell tank bugs? And if so, are there plans for a fix.
Is there an ETA on the Banished campaign DLC? I want that!!!

Also could unranked 1v1 be added again? I know it was removed because of low population but I think it's vital for warming up or for trying out new builds.

Thanks!
First off, thanks for posting this on Waypoint and giving this site some love.

Are there any plans to release additional factions, such as Flood or Prometheans?

As it pertains to balance, is Decimus Drop really in line with their intentions? He feels very underwhelming and certainly not worth the 1k supply/power, 10 population count price tag. Warlord is less than half the price, takes no population, obtainable quicker, doesn't take the slot of an ultimate ability, etc. Etc.

Are there any plans to adjust Jackrabbits at all?

Thanks!
Also anyway we could get replay or spectator mode? Xbox DVR's 5 minutes just doesn't cut it.
Is there a chance that PC and XBOX One version of HW2 will get fused together in the future (Crossplay)?
Because it makes me a bit sad that the HW2 PC playerbase is pretty small compared to XBOX playerbase :(

The question if this may lead to unfair advantages in favor of PC players, may get solved by giving access to mouse + keyboard on XBOX console :)
Are they aware of releasing new leaders during balancing patches that makes the new leader op? New content is great but when you nerf anti vehicle units and introduce new flame warthogs with high dps and high health is absurd. Also are they aware of jackrabbit rushing being seriously op
Are there any plans to add new units or additional unit upgrades to existing leaders, or are those leaders unit rosters considered final?

And yeah! Artbook?
When will we get replays and spectator mode? It's vitally needed at this point in the game.
wondering if anyone has stressed kinsanos being op, especially her powers i get the killing infantry but it tears through vehicles just the same. in my opinion i would love to see another elite commander with a few different base units than the rest as well as some new but old powers maybe like a buzzard swarm? or like a dropship support a few ships drop a hefty amount of troops. also maybe grunt squads with elites ?
Thank you for doing this Q&A. Dev visibility is very appreciated.

Are there any plans to implement a "rejoin game" feature after server drops? I understand this may be infrastructurally quite difficult, but it would be a godsend for ranked play especially with the penalty for disconnecting early. If not, is there a chance an ally's bases and units could go to an AI to give the remaining player(s) a fighting chance in 1v2/2v3 situations.

Along the same lines, is there a chance the dev team may remove the notification to enemies when an ally leaves the game?

Again thanks for doing this. Keep up the good work.
What is the team's plan in terms of future content? I know that the season pass includes new heroes, but aside from them will there be more content such as campaign missions or new modes that will be added? I think the game has plenty of replay ability and the game is fantastic overall. For a game like this, i was wondering what is being planned to keep the game fun and up to date.

Thank you for your time.
Welcome to the ark??? What is this ? Was it not supposed to be leaders from halo wars??? When do we get??? Also tell them thanks for all the hard work they have done!!
1) Can you please provide full and proper explanations of the server, matchmaking and ranking systems?

2) Plans to add XP rewards, as well as daily/weekly challenges, to Firefight and Skirmish?

Thanks.
hello.

why in hw2 have servers only in EUA.

Many players have problem of delay.
Are you aware of the SOME AI just stop playing around 15-20 minutes at all difficulties? They just sit at their base making a scout here and there. Are you aware of the broken displacement ability for AI? Are you going to show plans to show the "future" like in Halo 5. (Sneak peek for each month). Are there plans to increase max rank? Are their plans to limit the highest blitz card that can be earned? Example: 10
ske7ch wrote:
Hi folks - As we're past the one-month mark and coming up fast on the release of the next leader for Halo Wars 2 (along with what I assume will be able balance adjustment) I wanted to once again open the floor to some Q&A with players and the team.

I'm going to kick off an old fashioned Q&A where you post questions in this thread, I round them up and send to the CA and 343 team and then I post the answers. Cool? Cool. Of course please keep in mind that not every question can be answered but please do ask whatever is most pressing and top of mind for you and we'll do our best.

I'll leave question submission open until at least EOD tomorrow and see what we've got (I want to turn this around quickly but I also want to make sure we have a good representative submission sample). thanks!
I have one. Does the team know about shipmaster' teloport bug and that it needs to be fixed next patch?
Will there be any future updates to the diminishing return? I know it's a mixed bag with some in the community so maybe we can get a word on that.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10