3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 10
ske7ch wrote:
Hi folks - As we're past the one-month mark and coming up fast on the release of the next leader for Halo Wars 2 (along with what I assume will be able balance adjustment) I wanted to once again open the floor to some Q&A with players and the team.

I'm going to kick off an old fashioned Q&A where you post questions in this thread, I round them up and send to the CA and 343 team and then I post the answers. Cool? Cool. Of course please keep in mind that not every question can be answered but please do ask whatever is most pressing and top of mind for you and we'll do our best.

I'll leave question submission open until at least EOD tomorrow and see what we've got (I want to turn this around quickly but I also want to make sure we have a good representative submission sample). thanks!
FIX UNSC ANTI AIR THE ANTI AIR IS TERRIBLE
This doesn't really belong in this thread, might want to move that to the Multiplayer Feedback thread.
Hello,
So I downloaded Halo Wars 2 on my computer and when I load it everything seems fine and runs smoothly, but then when I start a game, whether it be a campaign mission or a multiplayer match, the game gives me a black screen after the loading screen, I.e when you're suppose to see the base. I don't know what's going on and I tried restarting my computer. My graphics is up to date and I am running Intel i5 5th gen. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
I have another question about the Warlord. When the Warlord charges up the Gravity Hammer and pulls units to him, he stuns himself in the process as the unit gets in front of him. I do not know if that is the case via a bug or if it is intentionally like that?
What was the reason behind removing the non player UNSC rebels at base expansions?

Ever thought of bringing a FFA Style Battle Mode into Halo Wars?

Forge for halo wars or custom maps, is it in the plans?
(Custom Games Custom Gametyles. Forge Halo Wars Style?)

Why was the decision made to remove Global Transport Units? For allowing it to be one hero's(Forge I believes) hero ability? Can a expansion bring this ability Gobally via 1 unit? Im thinking like a dropship or overmind unit like in StarCraft. Dropping units in for an attack or to save units is something I had alot of fun doing in other RTS like Star Craft and in HW1.

What about a Theater? to review build times, opposing teams strategies?

I once seen in a other RTS (Red Alert). They had a mode called "No Rush" where players were contained to their base and for a set amount of time before being able to move units outside the area and expanding etc... Do you think a mode like this would work for Halo Wars 2? (Im not asking this to show that im affected by rushes. I just think itd be a nice pace for those who want to guarantee their selves a longer game pace.

Thank you guys, loving Halo Wars 2.
-Blades
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
In Halo Wars 1, at the end of a level of skirmish, you could inspect the entire battlefield at your leisure. This let you rethink strategy and tactics, and see how the enemy had created the forces it used. You could toggle between looking at the battlefield and reading the stats, which included in-depth info like which leader powers were used.

In Halo Wars 2, it forces you immediately out of the game to the score scene, and as far as I can tell, you can't go back. You just see the resulting numbers, and even those are limited, compared to the stats from Halo Wars 1.

Is there a reason these features, which allow strategic analysis, are missing in Halo Wars 2?
What distinguishes between legendary, normal, and easy players?

Is it just the AI, or do the enemy AI players get to build units faster or cheaper? Are they tougher to kill?
Not sure if asked already but do unit tier upgrades apply to ultimate/hero units? For example, will Vehicle III apply to a Scarab or Forge's Warthog, can Air II apply to a Condor, Infantry I to an elite honor guard or Kin's Cyclops?
Oh and also, would it be possible to deliver general (or exact) statistics on the diminishing returns function?
Dear people.
How about the difference in starting game units. IE 2 marines to the 2 Covie? Marines are much better then grunts.
Why even have starting units? For scouting or supply/power? If so then the UNSC my friend, highly op.
Take away starting units. Train them.
Its no fun when Covie can get rabbit romped cause some good ol marines are twice as fast as grunts at resource collection rate.

You guys rock! Just dont let me or the Covie fans suffer no longer.
Kiid Sweep
I agree; the starting units should be balanced up until they get their first upgrade, At least, that's what I think should be done :P
I'm just going to say it because no can get it forget is over powered grizzlys way to strong, people making condors and scarabs at 8 min's way to over powered, wolverines are two weak they can't even fight air by them self's, grunts are to weak and thire Y power sucks, Anders need the kobiak sentinals be stronger, Isabel I love her I do but she's not played because of forge and everything that's going on in your game you need to fix her or give her new powers because forge took her away, now for atriox it his last beam power so strong nothing can leave or live from it unless it's a tank not cool at all kinsano's inferno to strong as well and cutter's close air support its way to strong all and I mean all of the spartens are so week 4 Marines can almost or definitely kill them if not upgraded to stage two with thire other gun in hand so if you want to ignore this go ahead but I'm telling because I love this game and I can see what can make it more balanced because I play it a lot
Read my message before this one and also play your own game if you did and you talked to people about what's unbalanced in the game they would say something along the lines I did just saying if nothing that I pointed out doesn't get fixed I don't think I can keep playing this game it's because dumb because there are leaders not being played because of all that I told you about
Chilton3 wrote:
What distinguishes between legendary, normal, and easy players?

Is it just the AI, or do the enemy AI players get to build units faster or cheaper? Are they tougher to kill?
Legendary AI are faster, cheaper, and harder to kill. They also get leader powers faster.
Queries like this should be posted in the support forums
Will there be new maps in the future ?
Read my message before this one and also play your own game if you did and you talked to people about what's unbalanced in the game they would say something along the lines I did just saying if nothing that I pointed out doesn't get fixed I don't think I can keep playing this game it's because dumb because there are leaders not being played because of all that I told you about
This should be posted in the multi player feedback form / support form. It's not a question about what they are going to do / or something about the game itself.
Any chance on pro leagues or any preffesional play near the end of the year in the works?

Also still no word on the winners of the beta leaderboards getting their rewards...
Why does the unsc have two anti-infantry units and the banished only have one tier 1? Unsc snipers and hellbringers in tier 1 seems a bit unfair with the banished suicide grunts.
If I have evidence of someone boosting the leaderboad and ruining the multiplayer experience who do i report it to (i wont post them publically as trial by public isnt fair). And will Waypoint be proactive in stopping it?
can we have a RANK next to our gamertag instead of a number to better reflect our experience? having a rank insignia feels more rewarding than a simple number and a rank title, its very bland.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 10