Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Asymmetrical Balance Mockup UNSC

OP commando544

Cutter
  • start with two marines
  • Infantry 1 already unlocked and grenade already unlocked
  • ODST's can be built from barracks at tech 3, they are better than marines in every way except countering air and cost
  • Battle Hardened moved to middle of power wheel and is changed so that when upgraded to level 2, all infantry units spawn in at vet level 2 ( same applies to 1'st level )
  • Cutter exclusive marine upgrade that replaces rocket launcher with spartan laser as well as increasing range and damage, tech 3 upgrade
Isabel
  • start with 2 armored marines
  • logistics 1 already researched and support drone researched
  • Best Offense Passive altered to give all mechanical units a shield, has an upgrade that gives larger shield and more range to weapons ( all mechanical units includes cyclops's and air and all garage vehicles )
  • Hellbringers replaced with Armored Marines ( 200 supply cost )
  • tech 3 upgrade for warthogs that gives them rocketpods ( or switch gauss to tech 3 and rocket pods to level 2 for other leaders ) increased damage and range
  • Scorpion's start with canister shell and now have upgrade that reduces unit cost by 40% while reducing unit effectiveness by 20% also makes them cost 1 less population OR can choose an upgrade that does the opposite ( cost +20% and strength +40% )
Anders
  • Starts with two unupgraded jackrabbits ( or one upgraded )
  • Fortifications 1 already unlocked
  • Exclusive Hornet upgrade that replaces machine gun with hard light weapon that deals extreme damage to vehicles but low damage to all else
  • Exclusive Nightingale upgrade that increases healing speed by 30% and creates an aura that reduces incoming damage to nearby units by 15%
Forge
  • Starts with 1 warthog
  • New Passive that replaces restoration drones that gives all vehicles +20% armor ( lowers unit speed by 10% )
  • No hellbringer, sniper or hornet upgrades
  • Exclusive Warthog T3 upgrade that gives them last stand 1 ( two marines spawn from 1 destroyed vehicle ) and enhanced durability
  • Pelican transport changed to carry 20 pop at level 1 and 30 at level 2 ( to reduce cross map tank cheese )
  • Scatterbomb 1 already unlocked
SGM Johnson
  • starts with 2 syphon marines
  • Exclusive Watchtower upgrade that reduces all enemy units in Line of Sight's defense by 20% ( 2 towers stack to 30% but no more )
  • Syphon Marine replaces sniper ( has upgrade that improves unit defense and syphon effect )
  • Mantis's with T3 upgrade now cost additional 100 power per unit ( T2 adds 50 power cost )
  • EMP mac blast cooldown reduced by 20%
General Changes
  • Wolverine base damage increased by 10% and ROF by 20%, also replaces grenade launcher with machine gun
  • T3 wolverine upgrade "Flak Missiles" that has AOE damage that also slows all units hit, also replaces MG with grenade launcher ( equal to 90% damage of marine grenade throw )
  • Nightingale T3 upgrade that changes smoke launcher so that allies units can see and shoot through it
  • Jackrabbit's deal +10% damage and move 15% faster, new T2 upgrade changes them to Wild Jackrabbits ( upgrade applies to all except Cutter )
  • Hornet damage against buildings and infantry reduced by 15%
  • Vulture ability deals -15% damage to all and can be shot down by Shroud and can lose tracking if tracked unit moves far enough away ( missile won't be able to catch warthog or jackrabbit )
  • Scorpion damage and HP +10%
  • Cyclops have +20% damage resistance against vehicles
  • Sniper ROF increased by 10%
I don't have Kitsano or Serina and not enough play time with Jerome for mockups for them
leave feedback!
You just OPified Anders, and made the jackrabbit rush even better. So not only if you get through the jack rabbit rush, you have mid game hornets/ OP nightingales that annihilate vehicles, so you have infantry that can maybe fight it mid game, but late game infantry don't exist, besides hunters.
I don't see the jackrabbit rush as they are pretty weak and Anders isn't likely to spend most of it in T1 jackrabbits as she's a tech focused leader. Hornets would be good against vehicles but aren't they already? plus let's say the upgrade is T3 only how does that change your opinion?
Forge start with a hog haha you cant make this stuff up.
Imagine trying to contest a hog for map control while you have two T1 marines. Lmao. Seems fair.
Colony can start with 2 hunters, so I don't see an issue
plus he can't take power nodes or pick up power or supply crates
Colony starting with two Hunters doesn’t offset how ridiculous this would be.

One hog on T1 would he able get complete map control for free. It would easily wipe the T1 starting units that most leaders start with, then it would be able to pick off any new units and harass a main right away. This would be incredibly broken and Forge would win T1 every game.

Not being able to gather resources doesn’t matter, since it completely shuts down the opponent’s T1. While the Hog kills their starting units (and following units), I would just gather the map for free.

Horrible balanced idea.
Ignoring base turrets? and yeah it would as colony would become the go-to counter pick to Forge and how could you get entire map control without being able to take points and only having 1 unit? it might be difficult to stop early but Forge will struggle eco wise due to this and as such will be easier to deal with later on since he's T3 intensive
would you be happier if all starting bases started with 1 turret pre-built? or just have Forge start with Heavy Marines?
Ignoring base turrets? and yeah it would as colony would become the go-to counter pick to Forge and how could you get entire map control without being able to take points and only having 1 unit? it might be difficult to stop early but Forge will struggle eco wise due to this and as such will be easier to deal with later on since he's T3 intensive
would you be happier if all starting bases started with 1 turret pre-built? or just have Forge start with Heavy Marines?
You can't really counter pick leaders in Halo Wars though. You select your leader before anyone knows who picked what, its only revealed when the match is loading so the only solution to someone picking Forge would be to play Colony in every game. This is hardly fun (and I love Colony) and certainly isn't balanced. Even with hunters, The hogs can easily outrun the hunters and harass in other areas before the hunters show up. Also I don't see where any changes were made to Colony in the OP unless you just came up with that.

That being said I do like the idea of Asymmetric balance, but these changes make all these leaders straight up broken.
Build 1 marine and there you go. The only weakness is removed.
Build 1 marine and there you go. The only weakness is removed.
at the cost of no longer being able to afford one of the 3 starting production buildings, leaving your enemy with a stronger eco at T1
evils wrote:
Imagine trying to contest a hog for map control while you have two T1 marines. Lmao. Seems fair.
Imagine building a pad and the hog just drives up and strips you at 30 seconds lmao
Also making all infantry vet 2 with BH 2 lmao, I'm glad you're not part of the balance team
Also putting Archer/ODST on 1st point bro
Also making all infantry vet 2 with BH 2 lmao, I'm glad you're not part of the balance team
I never said ODST or archer on first point....you could easily move BH to second leader point tier and move his turret down to first point
evils wrote:
Imagine building a pad and the hog just drives up and strips you at 30 seconds lmao
I'd be throwing elbows
I never said ODST or archer on first point....you could easily move BH to second leader point tier and move his turret down to first point
You said middle point, implying 3rd point.
You said middle point, implying 3rd point.
You could always ask for clarification, plus BH 2 is meant to keep infantry up to par with other units at this part of the game ( tech 3/ late game ), being the infantry focused leader he is and you could always make sure his unit drops don't have veterancy