[Locked] ATN Not In Season Pass?

OP H8TRFFC

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 59
So, after studying the Q&A of the 'Awakening the Nightmare' expansion's announcement article, it seems that it wont infact be a part of the Season Pass, and that it is an entirely standalone piece of DLC for a separate $19.99.

This comes after the reveal of the campaign missions in the Season pass being a mere 2.

Sorry 343, while I'm ecstatic to see the Flood back and excited to play as the Banished, I gotta call shenanigans where I see them.
This is shady, creating an enticing expansion that you know fans will love and then segmenting it to squeeze more cash from the spin-off because you delayed the next main game. Micro-transactions, Season Pass, and now a separate DLC expansion.

It had better be significant to warrant the extra cash.
Yep epic fail... 20 bucks more.
I'm more surprised that people expected an entire expansion to be given away to them.
Cant agree more its shady im leaving xbox first halo 5s ad campaign now this 343 isnt changing theyre just lining their pockets
Consider this:

• Full fledged campaign featuring the Flood and where you play as the Banished
  • Two leaders
  • A new gamemode
  • Blur cutscenes
We're still getting plenty of the content with the season pass and that still includes the Operation: SPEARBREAKER mini campaign. Six leaders that cost $5 each already makes the season pass and Ultimate Edition a huge bargain deal but we're still getting two more campaign missions.

Remember, Blur cutscenes are not cheap to make. They're probably a big reason why this is going to cost $20.

I'm not trying to defend 343i on all of this, I'm also annoyed it's not in the SE however I do see the reasons why they made it a separate expansion. I also really want to hear more about Spearbreaker. All we know is that it's two missions, in the season pass, and (judging from the name) from the UNSC prospective. We know more about this expansion than something announced and teased to be coming for season pass holders months again.
Given away? No this game was not cheap. They are milking money 💰... 100+ for full game also blitz packs. Lame.
Myrmidont wrote:
I'm more surprised that people expected an entire expansion to be given away to them.
Speaking personally, I didn't expect a full campaign expansion to be 'given away' to me, I expected 4 or 5 extra missions at most to be added as part of the Season Pass I paid for.
I have Ultimate Edition and want to buy next DLC's. But I am only playing this game on PC and don't have an xbox. So I wonder if this game is going to be on steam and if it goes will we able to cross play with them. If we can't crossplay then every money is a waste because of it's dead on pc atm. Oh and a dollar is 3.5 times of my local money, so it is really important for me.

Can you tell us something about that please? ske7chstckrboy
Edit: Viper Skills
H8TRFFC wrote:
Myrmidont wrote:
Speaking personally, I didn't expect a full campaign expansion to be 'given away' to me, I expected 4 or 5 extra missions at most to be added as part of the Season Pass I payed for.
You did get loads of leaders........
I bought the ultimate edition to be set for a whole year not to get ripped off for another 20 bucks after merely three months. I loved Blitz so much in the beginning I already sponsored 343i more than enough. If I buy this my total is going over 110. Not enough content 343, campaign was already fairly short.

Great announcement and good luck with it. A shame that you treat your season pass owners like this.
I'm not angry 343 I'm just disappointed :(
This really sucks. What is the point of a Season Pass if you don't get all future content?

And 20 bucks is an insane asking price for this. The game isn't exactly content-heavy to begin with.

Myrmidont wrote:
An "Expansion" is more than 2 missions, a couple new leaders, and 1 new mode...

I miss the days where expansions added a sequel's worth of content to a game...
PiRaNhA BE wrote:
I bought the ultimate edition to be set for a whole year not to get ripped off for another 20 bucks after merely three months. I loved Blitz so much in the beginning I already sponsored 343i more than enough. If I buy this my total is going over 110. Not enough content 343, campaign was already fairly short.

Great announcement and good luck with it. A shame that you treat your season pass owners like this.
Exactly. This game now has micro transactions (that involve a play to win mode, mind you), dlc in the form of leaders, full dlc expansions, and a season pass (which doesn't include a fair amount of the content). It doesn't help that the description of the pass was vague in terms of what campaign content would be included, leading many to believe that the full expansion sized campaigns would be included. This is problematic for those who bought the pass only for the campaign expansions.
id like to know how long the campaign is in this expansion.... if its longer than the base game. I could potentially see it being worth the 20... if its the same length or less.... its a wait til a sale.
This really sucks. What is the point of a Season Pass if you don't get all future content?

And 20 bucks is an insane asking price for this. The game isn't exactly content-heavy to begin with.

Myrmidont wrote:
An "Expansion" is more than 2 missions, a couple new leaders, and 1 new mode...

I miss the days where expansions added a sequel's worth of content to a game...
Quick question, did you buy Halo 4's Champion's Bundle DLC? Because that wasn't in the season pass and they made that very clear in the description of the War Games pass.

Also, Spearbreaker is still in the season pass and a separate thing from all of this. That's the two missions. This is a full fledged campaign that will be around the same length of the original campaign.
I feel that this game mode might separate the player base almost how the previous halo wars dlc went. Anybody here remember the long wait times only 2 weeks after keepaway and the reinforcement mode came out on the first halo wars?

I will be satisfied enough with the two leaders we'll get though.
I will not be buying into Halo 6 because of this. 343 has lost my respect and it is rightly so. Cue the 343 apologists. There is a season pass and they are completely ignoring it as a blatant grab for cash. Halo 6 will be no different. I guess ill throw my money at EA and Star Wars.
Also all purchases of an Ultimate Edition were advertised with including a Season Pass, which covers for coming DLCs. I dont press F5 every 5 secs the entire time of the game being out there for sale whether the description of the season pass is, could, would or has been changed. What stupid excuse is this now?

Also from a legal aspect. The description of a product is binding at the moment where you purchase it. You cant sell a car and then change the including components afterwards that a car owner has now to pay for the tyres separately. This is the direction which the current Halo Wars 2 DLC policy is heading.
yeah this makes me unhappy

i wanted new campaign missions
i wanted flood
i wanted firefight

i didnt want to have to pay twice for it. I bought the ultimate edition expecting to get all DLC yet get no new campaign? this makes me feel messed up real bad
Screw that. I pay up front for a season pass and now they just say this DLC isn't part of it. Screw 343. Thanks for honestly killing any part of Halo I still liked.

Seriously they should have just renamed the season pass to the leader pass since that's essentially all we've gotten.

Like ffs they also have microtransactions in the game, but screw the people who pre-ordered the ultimate edition...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 59