OP H8TRFFC

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 59
This is pretty disgusting, don't sell a season pass unless ALL future content comes with it. Microsoft and their vile business practices continue. Tell me, why should I continue supporting your games when all you do is try to drain every f'n penny out of me. You can't defend this.
Does 343 really want to be beaten by EA? Because that's what is happening.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 will have all of its DLC be free (or at least the first season's).

Seriously, what they are doing with this is worse than EA.

WORSE THAN EA!
This really sucks. What is the point of a Season Pass if you don't get all future content?

And 20 bucks is an insane asking price for this. The game isn't exactly content-heavy to begin with.

Myrmidont wrote:
I'm more surprised that people expected an entire expansion to be given away to them.
An "Expansion" is more than 2 missions, a couple new leaders, and 1 new mode...

I miss the days where expansions added a sequel's worth of content to a game...
I missed the part where an entire campaign is two missions, can you point out where that was said? There's also an extra two multiplayer maps on top of it.

Also, I guess everybody missed the part where this was absolutely not outlined as something you were going to get as part of the season pass.

It's not 343's fault that you all set yourselves up for disappointment despite the information already available being perfectly clear.
What they should have done was make the season pass cost more, and all this new content included in it. That way those who bought the ultimate edition in good faith like I did should benefit from this.
Just up the cost of the season pass and include it in there, and we won't be mad.
So to continue the discussion here, I will play devil's advocate on this one:

I understand where everyone is coming from, I really do. But the way I see it, this isn't a scam. This isn't a shameless "money grab." They were open with what would be included in the Season Pass. They never said all content. It never said all post-launch content would be included. We are getting our leaders, we are getting the mini-campaign.

Not only that, but the expansion more than covers the cost. That's a lot of content. I may be biased as a Halo freak but that's a lot of stuff for a decent price.

I just felt the game was a completed game when it launched (minus the technical difficulties, still wish those would be fully attended to). This feels like a legitimate expansion. A full campaign, a brand new survival mode, 2 new Banished leaders, and Blur cutscnes to back it all up? It's fantastic.

Now, before anyone comes at me saying I am biased because I'm a Monitor and I HAVE to like/support 343 in everything they do, this is false. I was quite open with my discontent at Halo 5 when it launched with barebones content (if it could even be referred to as such). This is all just my opinion. They didn't mislead us.
here's the thing.

this absolutely needs to be covered by the season pass.

take what bethesda did with Fallout 4 as an example. the season pass for that started at around $20-$30. i don't remember which. however, after they announced the first actual expansion DLC, they raised the price of the season pass.

this is what 343i needs to do instead of making us purchase this additional content. raise the price of the season pass. make it $40 now instead of $20, and have the existing season pass holders grandfathered in for this expansion.

otherwise...this is a complete joke and i don't see very many people actually purchasing this. as it is now, you can't tell us that campaign missions are covered in the season pass, then announce that we have to actually pay more for them. they said it's only a 2 mission "mini" campaign for that, but what does that even mean, exactly? you can't go on to announce a whole new campaign and then ignore everything about what the season pass missions are. we don't know anything about them except that they're calling it "operation spearhead". that's it. instead of giving those to us, or even any information about it, they just seemed to...ignore it, stay quiet about it whenever anyone asks, and then just went ahead and announced some campaign missions that have nothing to do with this.

that's not a good business practice. that's not good for the community, that's...343i, you're already on thin ice with Halo MCC and Halo 5, now you want the remaining fanbase to be even more pissed off at you?

why? give us an actual incentive to keep playing, give us an actual incentive to the season pass. of all the leaders released thus far, only one of them has been decent for the current meta. so we payed $20 for a $5 leader? we haven't even gotten more maps. at this point, we have more leaders than maps. the original halo wars has more maps than what you provided us, and they were actually fun instead of the same map just with a different skin. now you're telling us to get more maps, something that the season pass was supposed to cover, by the way, we have to pay you even more money? give us actual information about things on an actual timely manner. be upfront with what you are doing and stop alienating your entire fanbase.
Why doesn't anyone understand that this is extra? The season pass was planned but this expansion is extra. Blur cutscenes cost a million dollars a minute, so of course this'll cost extra. It's extremely expensive to make. You'll still get everything that was planned for the season pass, but if you want an extra giant campaign, a new mode, and to see the return of the Flood, then you can buy this.
343 Industries has released a statement where they gonna change the name of the game into DLC vs Season Pass Wars 2. If you gonna transfer your current savefiles from the current name of the game to the new one you have to pay 4.99$ and Season Pass holders 9.99$ while the Season Pass in the new game name has to be purchased separately and includes NOT the new leaders.

EA has released a press release that they are happy to share the Golden Poo award with another multi-billion sales company in America.
So to continue the discussion here, I will play devil's advocate on this one:

I understand where everyone is coming from, I really do. But the way I see it, this isn't a scam. This isn't a shameless "money grab." They were open with what would be included in the Season Pass. They never said all content. It never said all post-launch content would be included. We are getting our leaders, we are getting the mini-campaign.

Not only that, but the expansion more than covers the cost. That's a lot of content. I may be biased as a Halo freak but that's a lot of stuff for a decent price.

I just felt the game was a completed game when it launched (minus the technical difficulties, still wish those would be fully attended to). This feels like a legitimate expansion. A full campaign, a brand new survival mode, 2 new Banished leaders, and Blur cutscnes to back it all up? It's fantastic.

Now, before anyone comes at me saying I am biased because I'm a Monitor and I HAVE to like/support 343 in everything they do, this is false. I was quite open with my discontent at Halo 5 when it launched with barebones content (if it could even be referred to as such). This is all just my opinion. They didn't mislead us.
You said that a lot better than I did.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 will have all of its DLC be free (or at least the first season's).

WORSE THAN EA!
EA has an impressive track record to make up for. The two situations aren't even comparable. EA had the balls to put 'Battlefront' on their game when it had almost no resemblance to the original beauties of Battlefront I and II.
This is really not right. You still haven't fulfilled the DLC promise of the current season pass and already announcing content that won't be apart of the season pass people PAYED for? These half -Yoinked!- excuses that "blur isn't cheap" does not cut it. They could have increased the cost of the season pass. They could have done several things to offset cost. Now they are being straight up money grubbing at this point.
Myrmidont wrote:
This really sucks. What is the point of a Season Pass if you don't get all future content?

And 20 bucks is an insane asking price for this. The game isn't exactly content-heavy to begin with.

Myrmidont wrote:
I'm more surprised that people expected an entire expansion to be given away to them.

I missed the part where an entire campaign is two missions, can you point out where that was said? There's also an extra two multiplayer maps on top of it.

Also, I guess everybody missed the part where this was absolutely not outlined as something you were going to get as part of the season pass.

It's not 343's fault that you all set yourselves up for disappointment despite the information already available being perfectly clear.
Erm, yes, it is their fault.

1. The season pass NEVER specified that there was DLC that would be exempt from it.

2. They've deliberately changed the season pass description at least once, and this was AFTER people bought it.

3. Season passes, unless specifically specified, are supposed to include ALL DLC.

And those maps had better be free, since 343 has said any new maps will be free...

Myrmidont wrote:

I think you fail to realize the two missions WILL be in the season pass and are separate from the expansion
Not. Purchasing. Period.
hell, they better make those leaders available to season pass holders, as well, then. leaders are specifically mentioned in the season pass. keeping two exempt from people who bought the pass, but not the expansion will not sit well with absolutely anyone.

even if they just make it to we have to pay $20 to get the campaign, and we get the maps, leaders, and firefight as season pass holders, i would absolutely be fine with that, but it's not worded in a way to even slightly suggest that.
The Flood expansion not being in the season pass is an insult.
It's a damn rip off, you're not seeing money from me this time, not to support such a low movement against the players.
I already paid 90€, which is a lot of money, and now an entire faction is blocked behind a paywall of 20€.
Ok, normally I'm not the type of person to complain about such things, but this is too much for me not to comment. I bought the Ultimate Edition because it was the most expensive copy. I bought the physical copy and it says right on the box that it includes "new campaign missions". I see Grim addressed this in the FAQ section and I'm not going to shoot the messenger, but this is a piss poor decision on 343i/Microsoft/whomever it was that came up with this idea. Telling people that your more expensive copy guarantees you new missions and then saying no it doesn't when you finally reveal the missions is just awful.

I see people defending the decision and I can understand that an expansion can be considered a bigger deal than typical DLC, but look at it from our perspective here. We were promised that our copy guaranteed new campaign missions and we haven't gotten them yet. Then when we finally get a tease and details on new campaign missions being added to the game, it turns out that it's not part of our pass. If it's not part of the pass, then what missions are? Will we be getting the new missions we paid for or not? It's false advertising to say this copy comes with new campaign missions and then it doesn't.

The box says "New leaders, units, campaign missions", so if they want to say multiplayer maps and new game modes aren't included then so be it. New leaders, units and campaign missions however should be part of the season pass because that's what it said it came with.
WORSE THAN EA!
EA has an impressive track record to make up for. The two situations aren't even comparable. EA had the balls to put 'Battlefront' on their game when it had almost no resemblance to the original beauties of Battlefront I and II.
While I agree that the new "Battlefront" was a disgrace to the originals (seriously, you don't want to get me started on that.), and that EA has a long history of anti-consumer practices, it still doesn't excuse the underhanded approach 343 has taken with this expansion.
Myrmidont wrote:

Myrmidont wrote:

Erm, yes, it is their fault.

1. The season pass NEVER specified that there was DLC that would be exempt from it.

2. They've deliberately changed the season pass description at least once, and this was AFTER people bought it.

3. Season passes, unless specifically specified, are supposed to include ALL DLC.

And those maps had better be free, since 343 has said any new maps will be free...
1. That would just be confirming future DLC/expansions they probably weren't legally able to discuss at that point in time. This is aside from the fact that it's not their responsibility to discuss what won't be included. I mean, wouldn't that just be silly? "If you are interested in this season pass and the new leaders it will bring, please note that it will NOT include: An air-based leader, any new tanks, any new infantry units, etc. etc.

2. This is an issue I am only dimly aware of and if it is true they did that, it's a pretty low move.

3. False. A season pass is exactly as implied - a seasonal pass. Season meaning temporary. You don't get a Summer pass at a theme park and get upset when they don't accept your pass in the Fall, right?
Myrmidont wrote:
yeah this makes me unhappy

i wanted new campaign missions
i wanted flood
i wanted firefight

i didnt want to have to pay twice for it. I bought the ultimate edition expecting to get all DLC yet get no new campaign? this makes me feel messed up real bad
This. If the campaign is the size of the original then it makes sense for them to charge. Other RTS games have season passes for maps and new leaders but a new expansion always means more money. Plus, the Season Pass fine print has always said that it only lasts for 6 months after launch.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 59