1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 59
Im just so happy we're getting Banished Campaign with Blur Cutscenes and the Flood are back.I was thinkin we only get 2 missions story expansion and that's it.So we get those 2 missions and all those leaders in Season Pass+a new Campaign and if its gonna be done right is worth extra money imo.
Myrmidont wrote:
This really sucks. What is the point of a Season Pass if you don't get all future content?

And 20 bucks is an insane asking price for this. The game isn't exactly content-heavy to begin with.

Myrmidont wrote:
I'm more surprised that people expected an entire expansion to be given away to them.
An "Expansion" is more than 2 missions, a couple new leaders, and 1 new mode...

I miss the days where expansions added a sequel's worth of content to a game...
I missed the part where an entire campaign is two missions, can you point out where that was said? There's also an extra two multiplayer maps on top of it.

Also, I guess everybody missed the part where this was absolutely not outlined as something you were going to get as part of the season pass.

It's not 343's fault that you all set yourselves up for disappointment despite the information already available being perfectly clear.
Erm, yes, it is their fault.

1. The season pass NEVER specified that there was DLC that would be exempt from it.

2. They've deliberately changed the season pass description at least once, and this was AFTER people bought it.

3. Season passes, unless specifically specified, are supposed to include ALL DLC.

And those maps had better be free, since 343 has said any new maps will be free...
1. It specified exactly what you were going to get from it, even after the changing of the description.
2. And not once did it ever say it included an entire expansion.
3. There are more games than just this that include other content outside its pass.
4. The maps are indeed free, independent of the expansion as described on the page outlining its content.
I wonder if it's too late to get a refund on the 'ultimate' edition, I suppose it's never too late to try.
Does 343 really want to be beaten by EA? Because that's what is happening.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 will have all of its DLC be free (or at least the first season's).

Seriously, what they are doing with this is worse than EA.

WORSE THAN EA!
EA has an impressive track record to make up for. The two situations aren't even comparable. EA had the balls to put 'Battlefront' on their game when it had almost no resemblance to the original beauties of Battlefront I and II.
You know what we say in Germany for handling things like this?

Everything which is legally correct is not morally okay.

If we would have an official lawsuit about this 343 would argue that the Season Pass was never said to cover ALL content to be released. But what is the average expectation or the current "street opinion" of buyers of season passes in games?

That it COVERS all DLC policy AFTER the release itself. I hope that this DLC policy backfires hard. And btw.. you can keep Halo 6 for yourself. And I am not gonna pre-order Xone X.
heIIy wrote:
hell, they better make those leaders available to season pass holders, as well, then. leaders are specifically mentioned in the season pass. keeping two exempt from people who bought the pass, but not the expansion will not sit well with absolutely anyone.
**Edited to add link to youtube video calling out number of leaders for season pass**

Season pass description in ultimate edition
"Grow your war chest with the Halo Wars 2: Season Pass. The Season Pass delivers regular updates that span more than six months, including: New Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer matches, new Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, new Blitz cards to collect and take into battle, and new campaign missions that expand the Halo Wars 2 story."

Season pass holders get at a discount all of the below content...
7 leaders: check (6 dollars a pop - to the tune of 42 dollars of content) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJzV4uaCRkg 5:15 time stamp)
New Blitz Cards from Leaders: check
Campaign add-on: check (unknown cost)

Banished Campaign DLC bundle = $20
Banished Campaign ($8 dollars essentially if bought in bundle)
2 MP Banished leaders ($12 if same cost)
So I just swung by the Xbox Marketplace and looked at what the prices are for the DLC leaders. Like 6 bucks each. Our Season Pass was effectively $20.00. That means that just after 4 DLC leaders you would have gotten your money's worth. Well, it's confirmed at this point that, not including Forge, the season pass would have provided players with 5 new leaders (a $30.00 value) plus the mini-campaign.

So in terms of value they didn't mislead us or "scam" us, either.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not make non-constructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
I am not sure what you are all complaining about. It is and EXPANSION to the game with content that was not promised in the main game.

With the dwindling population I was very surprised that they would do an expansion, but hopefully it will attack new and existing plays to the game. The money they get from the expansion and blitz will allow them to keep working on the game. Please tell me how many games have included a complete extra campaign for free, there won't be too many.

I am going to assume that it is going to have Blur cut scenes, do you realise how expensive it is to make these cut scenes. Also I am going to assume that the 2 extra missions are for the UNSC campaign. My guess is that they were not going to make the campaign as the Banished but we all wanted a Banished campaign so they changed what they were going to do.

Also please re-read what they said about the maps:

"Alongside the new campaign and new Terminus Firefight mode, Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare will include two new Banished Leaders and two new standard multiplayer maps, the latter of which will be available to all Halo Wars 2 players for free, independent of the expansion."

Meaning that when AtN releases the maps will be free for all players.

Yes you will have to pay a bit more but for what you get and what I may do to the community, it will be worth it.
So I just swung by the Xbox Marketplace and looked at what the prices are for the DLC leaders. Like 6 bucks each. Our Season Pass was effectively $20.00. That means that just after 4 DLC leaders you would have gotten your money's worth. Well, it's confirmed at this point that, not including Forge, the season pass would have provided players with 5 new leaders (a $30.00 value) plus the mini-campaign.

343I IS THE BIGGEST LEACH I HAVE EVER SEEN. THE SEASON PASS IS SUPPOSED TO BE EVERY DLC PRODUCED FOR THE GAME BUNDLED UP AT 1 LOW PRICE. NOT JUST LEADERS, BUT EVERY DLC.
TYRELL zx wrote:

Star Wars Battlefront 2 will have all of its DLC be free (or at least the first season's).

WORSE THAN EA!
EA has an impressive track record to make up for. The two situations aren't even comparable. EA had the balls to put 'Battlefront' on their game when it had almost no resemblance to the original beauties of Battlefront I and II.

If we would have an official lawsuit about this 343 would argue that the Season Pass was never said to cover ALL content to be released. But what is the average expectation or the current "street opinion" of buyers of season passes in games?

That it COVERS all DLC policy AFTER the release itself. I hope that this DLC policy backfires hard. And btw.. you can keep Halo 6 for yourself. And I am not gonna pre-order Xone X.
Why are you expecting it to cover all of the DLC when it never specified as much? In fact, it says that it will cover everything within 6 months of the game's launch. That time ends here in about 2 months, and with ATN launching in Fall of 2017, it seems they are doing everything legally fine. And because they didn't mislead anyone here, it seems they are ethically in the right as well.

What seems out of line are people's expectations. That is evidenced when you said "the street opinion" of a season pass is that it covers all content. It's better to read the description of the season pass than trust street opinion, in my mind.
So here's my take on this whole situation. While I think some people are overreacting, I don't think 343/CA is completely in the right like other people are saying.

My main gripe with all this is the fact that the game is only 7 months old and we're already getting new content that won't be included in the Season Pass. I don't understand why they just didn't increase the Season Pass price to $40-$45 and have the expansion included.

Next is the Season Pass description. Its simply not descriptive enough and I feel like anyone who bought the Season Pass for single player content got completely shafted. We're only getting two extra campaign missions, not sure why the description didn't make this clear. Can't really blame people for thinking a $30 purchase would get them more than 2 missions. Luckily, I've never even touched the campaign, so I don't really care. But 343/CA really should have made it more clear as to what you were getting with the Season Pass if they planned on releasing more content not included in the Season Pass only 7 months down the road.

So yeah. As multiplayer only player, I'm happy with my $30 purchase of the Season Pass. But having to pay $20 only 7 months after release even though I've already spent $80 for the supposed "Ultimate" Edition is stupid and I don't see why they just didn't bundle this into the Season Pass and make the Season Pass more expensive.

Also, I think people who bought the Season Pass for single player content deserve to be kind of irritated. 343 really should have made it clear what exactly was in the Season Pass from the get go. Not just this vague "and an expanded campaign" description.

343I IS THE BIGGEST LEACH I HAVE EVER SEEN. THE SEASON PASS IS SUPPOSED TO BE EVERY DLC PRODUCED FOR THE GAME BUNDLED UP AT 1 LOW PRICE. NOT JUST LEADERS, BUT EVERY DLC.
Well, it doesn't say that. I mean, like I said I understand why people are upset but they were informed the entire time that the season pass was only valid for a certain amount of time which kind of implies there would be content beyond that timeframe.
TYRELL zx wrote:

WORSE THAN EA!

Why are you expecting it to cover all of the DLC when it never specified as much? In fact, it says that it will cover everything within 6 months of the game's launch. That time ends here in about 2 months, and with ATN launching in Fall of 2017, it seems they are doing everything legally fine. And because they didn't mislead anyone here, it seems they are ethically in the right as well.

What seems out of line are people's expectations. That is evidenced when you said "the street opinion" of a season pass is that it covers all content. It's better to read the description of the season pass than trust street opinion, in my mind.
How long has the description said 6 months worth of content? I don't recall that when I preordered the Ultimate Edition in Dec 2016.
I'm stepping away from the forums before I get too angry and do something I'll regret.

However, I have one thing to say:

As much as it pains me, I will NOT be purchasing this expansion, nor will I purchase any further Halo games. A stand needs to be taken. The video game industry has fallen too far.
Postums wrote:
heIIy wrote:
hell, they better make those leaders available to season pass holders, as well, then. leaders are specifically mentioned in the season pass. keeping two exempt from people who bought the pass, but not the expansion will not sit well with absolutely anyone.
Season pass description in ultimate edition
"Grow your war chest with the Halo Wars 2: Season Pass. The Season Pass delivers regular updates that span more than six months, including: New Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer matches, new Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, new Blitz cards to collect and take into battle, and new campaign missions that expand the Halo Wars 2 story."

Season pass holders get at a discount all of the below content...
7 leaders: check (6 dollars a pop - to the tune of 42 dollars of content)
New Blitz Cards from Leaders: check
Campaign add-on: check (unknown cost)

Banished Campaign DLC bundle = $20
Banished Campaign ($8 dollars essentially if bought in bundle)
2 MP Banished leaders ($12 if same cost)
i bolded the only relevant part you posted.

it explicitly says leaders over and after a 6 month period of time.

come august, it will have been 6 months since the game released, we are getting two leaders this month. however, the exemption from that is the fact it say "spans more than 6 months.". to announce new leaders that aren't covered under this is nonsense given the wording of the season pass itself.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam or make inappropriate comments
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
TYRELL zx wrote:

WORSE THAN EA!

How long has the description said 6 months worth of content? I don't recall that when I preordered the Ultimate Edition in Dec 2016.
Perhaps someone more tech-savvy than myself could go look at archived versions of it. But I distinctly remember a few forum posts on here about it when it was announced. People asking, "Does this mean there will be content beyond that timeframe?"
TYRELL zx wrote:

WORSE THAN EA!

I cant imagine that very common things in legal aspects are that different in America. If a specific behaviour, a common expectation accepted widely in the population and it is taken for being the "natural situation" is not even legally written down, can become as strong as official laws or statues.

If a company would go ahead and act in a very targeted way against this common expectation to gain a profit from it, it is not more or less but customer missleading and manipulation.

This is exactly what happens right now right here. It would be such a pleasure to bring this case to a point where legal professionals would have to analyze this.

I think that 343 would be very surprised about the outcome. GG
Myrmidont wrote:
This really sucks. What is the point of a Season Pass if you don't get all future content?

And 20 bucks is an insane asking price for this. The game isn't exactly content-heavy to begin with.

Myrmidont wrote:
I'm more surprised that people expected an entire expansion to be given away to them.
An "Expansion" is more than 2 missions, a couple new leaders, and 1 new mode...

I miss the days where expansions added a sequel's worth of content to a game...
I missed the part where an entire campaign is two missions, can you point out where that was said? There's also an extra two multiplayer maps on top of it.

Also, I guess everybody missed the part where this was absolutely not outlined as something you were going to get as part of the season pass.

It's not 343's fault that you all set yourselves up for disappointment despite the information already available being perfectly clear.
Erm, yes, it is their fault.

1. The season pass NEVER specified that there was DLC that would be exempt from it.

2. They've deliberately changed the season pass description at least once, and this was AFTER people bought it.

3. Season passes, unless specifically specified, are supposed to include ALL DLC.

And those maps had better be free, since 343 has said any new maps will be free...
2. This is an issue I am only dimly aware of and if it is true they did that, it's a pretty low move.
I can confirm that it's true, however people are twisting it a little.

This is the original description of the season pass:

"Grow your war chest with the Halo Wars 2 Season Pass. The Season Pass delivers regular updates that span more than six months and include: New Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer battles, new Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, a new campaign expansion with exclusive missions, and even more content to be announced soon."

This is the new version:

"Grow your war chest with the Halo Wars 2 Season Pass. The Season Pass delivers regular updates that span more than six months, including: New Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer matches, new Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, new Blitz cards to collect and take into battle, and new campaign missions that expand the Halo Wars 2 story."

This is also something that only happened on the Windows store. GameStop, Amazon, and I assume many other places still use the original description.

The only change is that they swapped out "campaign expansion with exclusive missions" to "new campaign missions that expand the Halo Wars 2 story. It still supports the fact that 343i didn't lie about any of this. At all. We're still getting Spearbreaker but we now know it's only two missions. But that doesn't change anything. Two missions or not, it still expands the story and adds more missions to the campaign. People are changing the definition to make it sound like the word 'expansion' has to be this giant package of content.
TYRELL zx wrote:

WORSE THAN EA!

Perhaps someone more tech-savvy than myself could go look at archived versions of it. But I distinctly remember a few forum posts on here about it when it was announced. People asking, "Does this mean there will be content beyond that timeframe?"
Yeah, I mean I'm not doubting that it said that. It's just been so long that I can't remember what it said, and I did see people say a few weeks ago that they had recently changed the description for the Season Pass.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 59