1. That would just be confirming future DLC/expansions they probably weren't legally able to discuss at that point in time. This is aside from the fact that it's not their responsibility to discuss what won't be included. I mean, wouldn't that just be silly? "If you are interested in this season pass and the new leaders it will bring, please note that it will NOT include: An air-based leader, any new tanks, any new infantry units, etc. etc.
Erm, yes, it is their fault.
This really sucks. What is the point of a Season Pass if you don't get all future content?I missed the part where an entire campaign is two missions, can you point out where that was said? There's also an extra two multiplayer maps on top of it.
And 20 bucks is an insane asking price for this. The game isn't exactly content-heavy to begin with.
I'm more surprised that people expected an entire expansion to be given away to them.An "Expansion" is more than 2 missions, a couple new leaders, and 1 new mode...
I miss the days where expansions added a sequel's worth of content to a game...
Also, I guess everybody missed the part where this was absolutely not outlined as something you were going to get as part of the season pass.
It's not 343's fault that you all set yourselves up for disappointment despite the information already available being perfectly clear.
1. The season pass NEVER specified that there was DLC that would be exempt from it.
2. They've deliberately changed the season pass description at least once, and this was AFTER people bought it.
3. Season passes, unless specifically specified, are supposed to include ALL DLC.
And those maps had better be free, since 343 has said any new maps will be free...
2. This is an issue I am only dimly aware of and if it is true they did that, it's a pretty low move.
3. False. A season pass is exactly as implied - a seasonal pass. Season meaning temporary. You don't get a Summer pass at a theme park and get upset when they don't accept your pass in the Fall, right?
I am sorry, I get you are playing devils advocate but you are a consumer and as thus are directly being hurt by 343s decision here. A seasonal pass as in all games to my knowledge includes all downloadable content for a full year, though temporary we as consumers commonly have been told they exist for a year, now I'm now genius but this game ain't been out that long yet so the expansion should be covered.
The season pass description is deliberately vague to mislead a consumer to believe all content would be included, by saying:"Grow your war chest with the Halo Wars 2 Season Pass. The Season Pass delivers regular updates that span more than six months, including: New Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer matches, new Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, new Blitz cards to collect and take into battle, and new campaign missions that expand the Halo Wars 2 story."
The pass clearly states free regular updates for more than six months,
this is deliberately said to give them an excuse but can still fall into Fall 2017.
The vagueness begins when it states new campaign missions that expand the Halo Wars 2 story
; here it does not state that only two future campaign missions are included and no other campaign expansions. This led us to the consumers to believe all campaign dlc is covered because it says that new campaign missions which expand the story are included and the expansion falls within this category.
This is a blatant money grab, it mislead consumers and it is wrong to reveal future dlc before they have even fulfilled there obligation of the season pass frankly, why have we been shown this before the 2 missions from the season pass??? If the expansion comes out before those then its plain and simple, they bent the description for which it was sold to undercut consumers and hurt our investment. I bought the season pass with the obvious reason that it meant I didn't have to fork out anymore money in the year, I don't care if I have already made my money's worth that is the whole point of the pass, I subscribed to support them with the promise of the dlc over the next 'more than' six months period being free, they lied...
Lastly, you said they would be stupid saying what is not in the expansion but at least then they would not have this backlash, when you sell a toy, companies will say "batteries not included", this is to not mislead customers. 343 did not pre-warn any consumer so as to boost Season Pass sells with the full knowledge they were working on an expansion which would not be included...you have to admit that is shady company practice. They should say because otherwise people will assume as they have that all dlc is included simple.