Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

[Locked] ATN price is $27.99?!?!

OP alpha chief 14

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
so i live in canada and 343 stated the atn will cost 19.99 US and for every $1 is $1.24 so atn should cost $20.25 ish well no its saying the cost is $27.99 is this a bug
Australian price is $35 AUD when it should $25. Would like a response as well.
America taxing us. Make America great again! 🤔
Canadian money, and Australian Money, isn't worth as much as USD, which is what a US based company will probably want for payment.
Still for the prices to be that different is quite a surprise, it was £16 for me which is $21 not that much different at all.

Turns out it was only £16 last night and not going forth sorry boys.
Canadian money, and Australian Money, isn't worth as much as USD, which is what a US based company will probably want for payment.
Euro is.
However, AtN costs 25€ (~$30)..
It should have cost 16,89€ (Tax included).
It's €25 in Ireland.
Still for the prices to be that different is quite a surprise, it was £16 for me which is $21 not that much different at all.
Where did you see it for £16?

It's showing as £19.99 for me.
EDDS wrote:
Where did you see it for £16?

It's showing as £19.99 for me.
Turns out I got lucky, last night there was 2 versions for the exact same thing, one was £16.24 and one was £19.99. As I couldn't see any difference I bought the £16.24 one and checked this morning and now there is only 1 version but I can't see the price as I own it already. So it seems for a few hours it was retailing at £16.24 however it was then changed. Sorry I made that post before going through reddit etc and finding out that it seems it was only that price if you bought it yesterday. Mind you for £19.99 it's still worth it I think enjoying it so far. Just wish I wasn't at work!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
To be fair, it's Microsoft setting the international prices, not 343
so i live in canada and 343 stated the atn will cost 19.99 US and for every $1 is $1.24 so atn should cost $20.25 ish well no its saying the cost is $27.99 is this a bug
Many companies offer country-specific pricing (i.e. higher than USA) set on exchange rate forecasts for a given length of time. As a side note, the Canadian dollar has moved a lot over the past year.

BOC 1 month average exchange rate
$19.99 USD x 1.2313 = $24.61 CDN

BOC 1 year average exchange rate
$19.99 USD x 1.3088 = $26.16 CDN
I wish the MS store was like steam and set its exchange rate closer to the real time value. Unfortunately, I will not be buying ATN as it is close to $10 AU more than what it should be priced at (accounting for exchange rate).
Unfortunately, I will not be buying ATN as it is close to $10 AU more than what it should be priced at (accounting for exchange rate).
And that’s a shame. Ultimately, it’s up to the consumer to decide if something is worth purchasing.

As I recall, both the Canadian and Australian governments made a stink a few years ago about the comparatively high price of goods, to predictably little effect.
Bumping this up as ske7ch just addressed this on the ATN Live stream:
Quote:
11:09 PM

ske7ch343 we'll have some pricing update info soon but basically if you already purchased it in uk, europe or canada you paid a little more than was intended
Microsoft Support I believe will be working with those who may have paid too much. Should be details coming to Waypoint sometime this week I think. I'll post back with more info, or ske7ch might pin a topic about this soon.

tldr; it's being fixed :)
I'm glad I haven't bought it yet.
I paid $34 AU for it so if the pricing was wrong will I be getting some sort or partial refund?
Joey2552 wrote:
I paid $34 AU for it so if the pricing was wrong will I be getting some sort or partial refund?
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:

ske7ch343 we'll have some pricing update info soon but basically if you already purchased it in uk, europe or canada you paid a little more than was intended
Microsoft Support I believe will be working with those who may have paid too much. Should be details coming to Waypoint sometime this week I think. I'll post back with more info, or ske7ch might pin a topic about this soon.

stckrboy wrote:
Joey2552 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:

That is some good news, I am happy to hear that. Thanks for putting in here.

I should also add, whilst this is getting attention. The season pass ($20 USD) was being sold for $49 AUD at launch. Actually, it still is: link to au store. Not sure ebout EU or canada.

Also, I notice sketch's quote says nothing about the AU store? Ours is priced $7 USD (approx) higher than it should be.
Unfortunately, I will not be buying ATN as it is close to $10 AU more than what it should be priced at (accounting for exchange rate).
And that’s a shame. Ultimately, it’s up to the consumer to decide if something is worth purchasing.

As I recall, both the Canadian and Australian governments made a stink a few years ago about the comparatively high price of goods, to predictably little effect.
I believe it is worth it at the normal price ($20 US/$25AU) however that is not the case at the moment. Ill wait it out, as I dont even have HW2 on my xbox anymore due to another glitch forcing it to redownload the full 44 or so GB.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3