Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Atriox’s Chosen Y idea

OP ABedofFlowers

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Chosen doesn’t have a Y ability, so I thought of this... What if his Y ability was a Regeneator, Power Drain or Bubble Shield (Halo 3 era stuff)? They only affect a super small radius, yeah, but it’s still something.
Yeah, he definitely should have something!
He's already a good unit. A Y ability would make him too good.
Not necessarily.
Not necessarily.
Yes, necessarily. The Chosen is the fastest infantry unit in the game barring Enforcers, and has a very high damage output whilst maintaining a respectable amount of bulk. He has great micro potential, and a Y ability would add to that. Top players would exploit the hell out of that.
Not necessarily.
Yes, necessarily. The Chosen is the fastest infantry unit in the game barring Enforcers, and has a very high damage output whilst maintaining a respectable amount of bulk. He has great micro potential, and a Y ability would add to that. Top players would exploit the hell out of that.
gotta agree. Chosen is a great leader. A Y would be fun, but he doesn't need it at all.
First to clarify I am in no way a pro, far from it. So just know some information in this post may be wrong or invalid. I also don't have the authority to say your opinion sucks and mine is better, so please take everything I say with a grain of salt. Now on to my response to this post.

I sort of agree with CarsandCameras(Great name BTW I'd like to hear as to what inspired you to think of this name) the chosen is a very effective hero unit especially early game. However I think that the reason he is good early game is that he does great damage to infantry, nearly sniping them and absolutely devastating them. His hero does do damage overall but against air and vehicles he isn't as good. So I say for his final upgrade we give him a "Y" ability. Having it be in the early-game would be unnecessary since he's already a beast and giving him a "Y" ability would make him OP. In his final upgrade he gets a "Y" ability that, like Johnson, he places down a healing beacon able to heal a very small radius around him. You may say,"This makes him an OP leader." but this beacon he places down wouldn't be the upgraded beacon Johnson's able to get, it's the tier 1 beacon. The one you get whenever you first get Johnson. The beacon doesn't make the troops inside of it invincible or anything, just give a very slight heal that may not be effective mid-battle but after the battle healing troops that got hurt. I think this would help the chosen without making him a "must pick". But I don't know and it may have some flaws I'm not thinking about so feel free to critique.
I don't want him to have an ability . I'm of the Conservative party
For once I agree. A Brute with Power Armor, A shield, and H2 Brute Shot(that damage has to be H2). He's a really solid unit he decimates crowded armies.
I sort of agree with CarsandCameras(Great name BTW I'd like to hear as to what inspired you to think of this name)
It's my brother's Youtube channel. I didn't come up with it.
Not necessarily.
I don’t mean to be “that guy” but you’re wrong.

Having something doesn’t automatically mean he would be too good. Especially if it’s a late game buff to him.

Having something doesn’t automatically mean he would be too good. Especially if it’s a late game buff to him.
I would oppose a late game buff as well. No one thinks that the Chosen is bad. To the contrary, most think he is a great Hero unit. There is absolutely no point in buffing (even marginally) a unit that doesn't come close to needing a buff.
Not necessarily.

The Chosen is already among the strongest heroes, and is one of the few that is actually worth building early game.

The Chosen has excellent move speed for an infantry unit (surpassed by only Enforcers, if I'm not mistaken), delivers ludicrous damage, and is rather bulky. The Chosen already complements almost every army comp and is incredibly strong.

The Chosen lacks a Y ability due to the insane amount of damage it delivers (complemented by a stun and DoT with upgrades). There's absolutely no reason to buff an already strong unit.
Not necessarily.
Why not give him Erad as the Y ability or ooo How about Reign of Fire lvl3 That moves as he walks or maybe Rapid fire inferno blast. What do you guys think?
He's fine.
Honestly, if Chosen would have a Y ability, my idea would just to make it quick 3 shot (maybe 4 if we use the H2 brute shot) akin to Pavium's attack. It could have a 90 second long cooldown and a long reload sequence Chosen does on his brute shot where he can't attack until done. It could make sense since he's like shock infantry. It would promote less army bubbles and be a high risk-reward type thing if done depending on the scenario.

There are so many factors like balancing to consider but in my opinion this would make the most sense for this unit as an ability.
lJGl Fox wrote:
Not necessarily.
Why not give him Erad as the Y ability or ooo How about Reign of Fire lvl3 That moves as he walks or maybe Rapid fire inferno blast. What do you guys think?
The sarcasm is strong in this one...
The Honor Guard loses his Y ability upon Mega Evolution. IT becomes a passive ability. Would be cool to give his last upgrade a new Y ability.
The Honor Guard loses his Y ability upon Mega Evolution. IT becomes a passive ability. Would be cool to give his last upgrade a new Y ability.
"Mega Evolution"?? Is this Pokemon now, cause if so that'd be awesome!

*Que the battle music*
dododododododododo

Enemy Cutter sends marine squad, you throw out warthog

Marine is faster, marine uses grenade, it does 350 dmg!
Warthog health: 800-450

You use warthog machine gun, it does 300 dmg!
Marine health: 400-100

Marine uses machine gun, it does 65 damage!
Warthog health:450-385

You use restoration drones
Warthog health: 385-700

Marine use grenade throw, critical hit! It does 700 damage!

*Warthog blows up*

You black out and wake up at base where your army is replaced.

Credits:

Marines:Dirtybird
Warthog:Dirtybird
Music:Dirtybird
Cool Guy:Dirtybird
Narrator:Dirtybird
Captain Cutter:Dirtybird
You:Dirtybird

Thank you thank you
lJGl Fox wrote:
Not necessarily.
Deci already does that. Dat sarc tho.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2