Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Atriox's Goal

OP price004

Atriox, leader of the Banished, cunning and tactical. He was willing to spare the Spirit of Fire and let them leave though that could be a simple strategic maneuver, I am curious as to what he was after. Why did he want the Halo rings? Why does he fight, now that the Covenant are gone? Does he fight it's remnants?

What is the end game for the Banished?
I think they're just in it to thrive and survive. Doesn't seem like he wants to be the biggest threat or take anything over. Just wants to be comfortable and left alone. Anyone who gets in the way of that... join or die.
MysticKami wrote:
I think they're just in it to thrive and survive. Doesn't seem like he wants to be the biggest threat or take anything over. Just wants to be comfortable and left alone. Anyone who gets in the way of that... join or die.
Good point, considering the Banished was started due to him getting sick and tired of him and his brothers being used as expendable shock troopers.
Maybe they just want fast food, I know I do.
Atriox wants for his brothers what he never had under the orders of the Prophets, freedom. He is looking to create a society with the absence of social classes, money, and the state. And this clearly crashes against the methodic, hierarchical way of Cutter, for Cutter order and control is important. About the fact that Atriox let Cutter leave, (I have to say I liked that moment in the campaign, I felt it really strong because if I recall well it was the first time Atriox talks directly to Cutter) that gives you a hint on what kind of leader Atriox is. He knew Cutter was a real enemy, he understood that he could win that day by avoiding a battle. I love this duo, Cutter-Atriox, I feel they are enemies that complement each other really well. I am glad HW2 took the campaign to another level. For me now it really feels like a compelling story which characters have motivations and their bouncing with each other makes a great story to be told. I hope to see them again in the future honestly.
Atriox wants power. The Ark does happen to be the single most important Forerunner installation, after all.