Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Awakening The Nightmare Leader predictions?

OP Sgt Paloogoo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hi Marines, so Awakening The Nightmare is promising some great DLC: Terminus Firefight, a new campaign & 2 new Banished leaders.
Interesting, but who will those Leaders be?
I'm guessing a New Brute Leader & a Female Elite Leader.
(I also think the 2 new Leaders will be in the Campaign, that's why I'm not predicting them to be past Halo characters)
So what Leaders do you think they'll add?
Hi Marines, so Awakening The Nightmare is promising some great DLC: Terminus Firefight, a new campaign & 2 new Banished leaders.
(I also think the 2 new Leaders will be in the Campaign, that's why I'm not predicting them to be past Halo characters)
It's already been confirmed that they will be 2 brute lieutenants of Atriox :)
Okay I didn't know that, thanks
Kinda disappointing, though. I'm happy with the two Brute leaders we have. Would prefer other Banished leaders.

That said, it's two extra leaders, so it's a bonus.
I would have liked to have seen more Covenant species as leaders but I won't mind too much if the two Brutes have interesting powers and units.
Are we sure one of the leaders isn't Defector Jerome?
still waiting for vampires
Yeah it was a great unit!
Yeah it was a great unit!
i just want either their stasis or leeching back
It's the two brutes on the Awakening the Nightmare title.
Source?
I thought there was a upcoming grunt leader...
I want more Brutes in Halo myself. I'm happy its two more Brutes. I'd like to see the Brutes use Jackals and maybe even drones more though. I always thought that would be the logical fit. Some people wanted a Jackal Leader but I don't think that fits them. I'd prefer them exist strictly as units. I'm also happy they aren't throwing in a Prophet. I didn't want another throwback. Dem Brute Leaders got me hype boys!
Source?
they were in the trailer
I want more Brutes in Halo myself. I'm happy its two more Brutes. I'd like to see the Brutes use Jackals and maybe even drones more though. I always thought that would be the logical fit. Some people wanted a Jackal Leader but I don't think that fits them. I'd prefer them exist strictly as units. I'm also happy they aren't throwing in a Prophet. I didn't want another throwback. Dem Brute Leaders got me hype boys!
but i wanted regret though
Yeah, I understand how many people might feel that way. But it seems a bit much to dedicate our precious Leader slots to old and perished characters. I think it would be good for Halo to develop more personalities in the games.
Would have been cool to see a jackal leader since we haven't seen a single one in the banished (which is kinda weird seeing that the banished would be perfect for them because most jackals are mercenaries) but I'm happy to see more brutes.
Yeah, I understand how many people might feel that way. But it seems a bit much to dedicate our precious Leader slots to old and perished characters. I think it would be good for Halo to develop more personalities in the games.
I still rather have regret though partly cause I want air hero
Would have been cool to see a jackal leader since we haven't seen a single one in the banished (which is kinda weird seeing that the banished would be perfect for them because most jackals are mercenaries) but I'm happy to see more brutes.
I thought the same when I first realised there was no Kig Yar presence in HW2 but if you think about it it makes sense.
Kig Yar are definitely not renowned for their loyalty and that seems like something that would be quite high on Atriox's list of recruitment priorities
Just saw this in another thread. I know we already have 2 Brutes confirmed, so its a long shot now, but I think it'd be so sweet if one of their ultimates called in Silent Shadow. In tales from Slipspace, Atriox recruited the Silent Shadow elite warriors to his cause. I know they'd fit best with an elite leader or their own leader, but I think we're done with DLC after ATN.

It could work like Jerome's Omega Team drop, with 3 elites arriving in Banished Drop Pods, all 3 could have swords or a mix of weaponry (must have at least 1 with their signature red sword) and all should have a Y ability that give them cloak. Basically a reskin of tier 2 Honor Guard with a cloak that isn't permanent.

Also can we just appreciate how bad@$$ their armor is? That stuff looks tight yo. Hopefully if we get playable elites in H6, this armor makes the cut!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2