1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
The good:
Original Spartans got a buff. Scouts viable in T1 vs rush units. Vultures can break bases again. Gauss isn't a downgrade vs buildings anymore. Colossus and T3 vehicles in general got a buff. Armory/we council cheaper. Marauders nerfed (we'll see if it's enough). Boundless Siphon slightly nerfed. Cannon Fodder can pick up resources now.

The bad:
Anti-air did not need a buff. The AoE buff might help fix the focus fire issue but they definitely didn't need a damage buff as well. The buff to mac blast might have been too much. Suicide grunts were already incredibly effective; I'm worried UNSC might not have any opening against them. Pavium also wasn't hit hard enough; his mines come back way to quick and can be dropped right on an army to wipe it.

The ugly:
The nerf to Voridus wasn't nearly enough. His mines still last a minute and a half. Damage was reduced only 15%. The slow being reduced is a start but I doubt it'll be enough. It seems like it will still melt vehicles, especially tanks. There was nothing on how his hero unit can drench a base in goo. I just think the goo is too effective for something so prevalent in a match.
Agree, the nerf for damage and speed was noticeable but not too much for Infusion. I still think it might be too high and and additional 10% might be adequate as its still a damage dealing Serina. Also, air was struck by too much AA and too buff their damage was not a great call as air is already pretty weak. I am glad too see Spartans got a buff but greatly reducing their xp threshold might prove too strong, especially Cutter's Battle Hardend. Another problem, why did you buff Suicide Grunts? I love to make those little guys to kill infantry but they are already the best anti-rush units in game. Sure they were garbage to Goliaths but 8 of them can destroy a WHOLE rush of Marines, Flamers, Grunts ect. To Teleport these guys on the center portion of a army will cause it to go "Poof", you lost everything with no clue to what happened. If this keeps up, we will have no reason to ever use infantry while against banished with them. I am happy to be able to have reason to build Canon Fodder again but I think they should cut pickup rate by 30%-50% while increasing their movement speed by 8%-10% as they are grostly garbage for combat.
EiTeNeR wrote:
AA buffs 🙄 oh well, hopefully less people will have issues
I assume that they actually tested some situations and deemed it necessary based on how the Devs expect the interaction to be. Hopefully it wasn't a buff based purely on complaining.
Seems that way, air was the weakest threat in game, unless against Decimus where they were OP.
nuchey wrote:
Colossus in no way needed a buff. They dominate their counters. speaking of counters, Anti Vehicle needs a buff.
I do agree AV is overestimated easily like Cyclopes can be Canon Fodder to their counters for their high cost and Hunters are rediculously slow.
What I think will happen this patch:

1's: Anders and Forge
2's: Something with Pavium
3's: Something with Pavium

In 3s today my warthogs+forgehog got annihilated by Paviums mines. Removes the fun sport out of a game pretty quickly.

I don't see UNSC being very relevant next patch. Banished have the opening with choppers and suis, and without an overall boost to building damage, UNSC will still have trouble cracking Banished bases late game too.
Air was one of the few solutions to deal with a defensive Pavium or just dealing with Voridus in general. Now that air is easy to counter, these leaders will be stronger than ever, I promise you all. Going air will be to easy to get shredded; going ground will eat Voridus mud or MT crud. Its going to be long and drawn out games, even if your opponent is not as skilled as you.
It's disappointing that now is the time the balance team decides to start implementing small incremental changes, when they're making less frequent updates. When they were making frequent updates they would buff anvil round by 300%, but now when they're slowing down support for the game they decide to barely touch voridus even though he's nearly just as broken? A 10 second cooldown for his mine is a joke, not to mention they didn't even touch his leader's Y ability... Hoping that I'm wrong and these changes will bring him in line, but it doesn't look good.
It's disappointing that now is the time the balance team decides to start implementing small incremental changes, when they're making less frequent updates. When they were making frequent updates they would buff anvil round by 300%, but now when they're slowing down support for the game they decide to barely touch voridus even though he's nearly just as broken? A 10 second cooldown for his mine is a joke, not to mention they didn't even touch his leader's Y ability... Hoping that I'm wrong and these changes will bring him in line, but it doesn't look good.
We will definitely have to see... worse comes to worse they will work on another one. I do believe that someday, this game will be nicely balanced and lots of fun. It kinda was in that state before those two ugly leaders came along like a nightmare from heck.
AA buffs 🙄 oh well, hopefully less people will have issues
I agree that the damage buff along side the AoE will definitely be Overkill in terms of what they needed. I'll take it for now, but I'd agree with anyone who says that damage buff shouldn't be a thing
when they didn't un nerf neural implant,😢 lol jk if they could at least change the upgrade description from ability upgrade to unit upgrade to avoid confusion, would be appreciated (ps i hope they fixed the goblins and arbiters hero icons, they costed money to design ya know lol )
So in a nut shell of this update
Gauss Hogs are the new Pre-Nerfed Loucust? Seems very scary they do that much more damage to bases now.
Johnson buff is gladly expected. Although I don't think it was needed on his Colussous.
Issy is meta.
Wow. I don't wanna sound to negative...but I'm super disappointed. They slightly nerfed the broken aspects of the game and buffed banished? Guess it's time for a break
Wow. I don't wanna sound to negative...but I'm super disappointed. They slightly nerfed the broken aspects of the game and buffed banished? Guess it's time for a break
Yea the banished are going to own early game and force UNSC to T2. No one will play UNSC because their early game sucks now with Choppers and Suicide Grunts. Pavium Fire is still going to be too dangerous but thats not anything to Infusion. Hogs and Tanks are going to be better now but hardly worth building with some AV. No one will be using air as the final nail was hammered with AA buff. This game was more balenced than ever besides Voridus and Pavium. Guess this will be Season 1 all over again with Choppers and added Suicide Grunt advantage.
I dont think the AA buffs are going to make that big of a difference. The dps buff was pretty small. On the other hand this will mean that you will lose more air units while trying to kite and flee from AA with mass air. It will probably make it more punishing for someone spamming air on maps like ashes where the sheer size of the map makes it hard to get your AA in the right position or even just to catch them when there flying from one area to the next picking off mini bases and full bases.
I don't know, I think Goliaths health should be reduced, I also think that seige turrets cost is useless, it's just an aditional 100 suply, 50 energy, not really much difference, the approach here should' e been giving them shield gen/Mega Turret treatment.

On the bright side, Marauders will hopefully go down, Heroes are an option again, Spartans will get a buff (I just wish they didn't include CJ for any of them) and my favourite part more ranks!

I think you mean this...
1's Voridus
2's Voridus or Voridus and Serina
3's Pavium or Voridus
All I can say is UNSC will not be a factor where this is going such as their small debuffs on OP offensive abilities like Rain of Fire for Pavium and Infusion just to name a few. Most Banished have also have Suicide Grunts that will destroy large amount of infantry with little cost and effort while Choppers will beat anything else early game, giving you exspansion time as well as knowing your combatant's build when by staying aggressive and holding Nodes. Because air sucks against already powerful AA and infantry, you can almost assume the will build Hogs and you strike their base to slow w/e production they have.

I think you mean this...
1's Voridus
3's Pavium or Voridus
All I can say is UNSC will not be a factor where this is going such as their small debuffs on OP offensive abilities like Rain of Fire for Pavium and Infusion just to name a few. Most Banished have also have Suicide Grunts that will destroy large amount of infantry with little cost and effort while Choppers will beat anything else early game, giving you exspansion time as well as knowing your combatant's build when by staying aggressive and holding Nodes. Because air sucks against already powerful AA and infantry, you can almost assume the will build Hogs and you strike their base to slow w/e production they have.
Maybe it won't be so bad? The sui grunts is 11% increase against light infantry, and choppers 13% vs light armored. It means marines are still good agains choppers and yes sui grunts will be more effective but maybe it won't be to bad; after all, unsc has snipers and flamers to combat infantry. Banishes has choppers and sui.

I think you mean this...
1's Voridus
3's Pavium or Voridus
Maybe it won't be so bad? The sui grunts is 11% increase against light infantry, and choppers 13% vs light armored. It means marines are still good agains choppers and yes sui grunts will be more effective but maybe it won't be to bad; after all, unsc has snipers and flamers to combat infantry. Banishes has choppers and sui.
Suicide Grunts will dominate the earliest game, they were already amazing. Now it's just going to be oppressive
  • "Goo-man" needed to be nerfed to the ground and worked back up. He is beyond broken.
  • Choppers are already the strongest scout. Cov will now own early game even more.
  • Suicide Grunts did not need a buff.
  • Marauders did not need a damage buff. Horrible.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12