Looking over the patch list again, anyone else notice a lack of nerfs for Pavium? His RoF was a good place to start but he still has plenty of incredibly strong things in his kit that should probably be adjusted.
- His ultra mines are basically an army wipe that comes back really fast. They need longer trigger and cool down times at least.
- His leader is also about as strong as Chosen but with a crazy Y ability. I like the idea of the target designator in theory, but in practice it's just so much more effective than what any of the 14 previous leaders have.
- Burnout is the best eco power in the game but I'm not sure what to do about it.
- Pavium's stand shouldn't last that long. 10 seconds would probably be fine, enough to negate powers like Eradication or Inferno.
- Mega turrets are fine damage wise but should start at a higher cost.
- Lich is the one thing that should be buffed. Higher DPS and cost, maybe health too since it goes down so easily.
I think that Pavium is good for fast teching and turtling, but outside of that isn't great. Pavium as a hero unit is like the Chosen without the speed. The thing is, speed is the Chosen's best asset. Pavium just gets swarmed and killed easily. I could agree to a longer trigger time for Ultra Mines though to give you a better chance of getting out of there. The biggest problem I see with Pavium is Rain of Fire, which when fully upgraded and destroy entire armies. It has a long start up, but when used in choke points it's unstoppable.