2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 12
Im really glad mass air is getting nerfed man this is just ridiculous rn. Every match at least one dude goes mass banshees or hornets and just stomps everyone. Im not a fan of the nerf squad but man this is necessary.
Not going to lie I thought Voridus was gonna be nerfed harder.
Jard Rift wrote:
Im really glad mass air is getting nerfed man this is just ridiculous rn. Every match at least one dude goes mass banshees or hornets and just stomps everyone. Im not a fan of the nerf squad but man this is necessary.
It might unfortunately not be a good thing because people won't build air anymore, as it will be to easy to counter. I guess we will have to see, but I predict anyone building air and getting caught with air will have zero chance as it gets shredded by few aa units.
Jard Rift wrote:
Anyone with half a mind would realize air is weak and to buff already powerful AA might completely destroy usefulness of air such as Shrouds and Nightengales all together.
Voridus can press Y, walk around, activate cata/invigorating frenzy, and you simply can't fight there. Literally. UNSC has no teleport option to negate that.
Do Pelicans work?
Pelican transport is way too slow compared to teleport, you can use it to redeploy units somewhere else but not to dodge LPs or other abilities. Also only forge and johnson have it while all but 3 banished have access to tele.

Edit: Also i havent seen anyone complaining abou colony? He needs to be fixed asap otherwise we have an even worse season than forge back then.
cym104 wrote:
Voridus can press Y, walk around, activate cata/invigorating frenzy, and you simply can't fight there. Literally. UNSC has no teleport option to negate that.
Do Pelicans work?
Yeah they don't break down much but there is one on Valhalla it's in bad shape.
Pelican transport is way too slow compared to teleport, you can use it to redeploy units somewhere else but not to dodge LPs or other abilities. Also only forge and johnson have it while all but 3 banished have access to tele.

Edit: Also i havent seen anyone complaining abou colony? He needs to be fixed asap otherwise we have an even worse season than forge back then.
Pelican can go twice as far for half cost and carry more units. Pelican 2 cost nothing so I'd say it's not bad

Yes, people are complaining about it. The people who need to know about it have been notified already. We're not talking about it in public to hopefully minimize the number of people abusing it. Next topic.
lJGl Fox wrote:

Pelican can go twice as far for half cost and carry more units. Pelican 2 cost nothing so I'd say it's not bad
While standing still, yes pelican transfer is better than teleport because of range, AoE, and cost. In a fight tough, pelicans are slow to react and can't pick up moving targets. So if you're stuck in a maelstrom or an ton of goo, tough luck.
Looking over the patch list again, anyone else notice a lack of nerfs for Pavium? His RoF was a good place to start but he still has plenty of incredibly strong things in his kit that should probably be adjusted.

• His ultra mines are basically an army wipe that comes back really fast. They need longer trigger and cool down times at least.
  • His leader is also about as strong as Chosen but with a crazy Y ability. I like the idea of the target designator in theory, but in practice it's just so much more effective than what any of the 14 previous leaders have.
  • Burnout is the best eco power in the game but I'm not sure what to do about it.
  • Pavium's stand shouldn't last that long. 10 seconds would probably be fine, enough to negate powers like Eradication or Inferno.
  • Mega turrets are fine damage wise but should start at a higher cost.
  • Lich is the one thing that should be buffed. Higher DPS and cost, maybe health too since it goes down so easily.
I think that Pavium is good for fast teching and turtling, but outside of that isn't great. Pavium as a hero unit is like the Chosen without the speed. The thing is, speed is the Chosen's best asset. Pavium just gets swarmed and killed easily. I could agree to a longer trigger time for Ultra Mines though to give you a better chance of getting out of there. The biggest problem I see with Pavium is Rain of Fire, which when fully upgraded and destroy entire armies. It has a long start up, but when used in choke points it's unstoppable.
I can't help but think all the people saying air will be "useless" are overreacting... They'll still have their massive maneuverability advantage.
Going air will now basically be like playing "the floor is lava" where every important place to hit is lava. Any army with 4 AA and any base with AA turrets will inflict massive damage to air. There will be no maneuverability advantage because there will be no where to maneuver to. Leaving a handful of wolves in your base with the hold command will render all surprise air attacks useless while you push on with your army.
Isn’t that the way it should be? If I prepare for an air attack shouldn’t I have the advantage? I mean this is AA we’re talking about. It can only attack air! Send some anti vehicle in first or locust then send your air; use some strategy rather than just mass spam air.
nuchey wrote:
I can't help but think all the people saying air will be "useless" are overreacting... They'll still have their massive maneuverability advantage.
Going air will now basically be like playing "the floor is lava" where every important place to hit is lava. Any army with 4 AA and any base with AA turrets will inflict massive damage to air. There will be no maneuverability advantage because there will be no where to maneuver to. Leaving a handful of wolves in your base with the hold command will render all surprise air attacks useless while you push on with your army.
Isn’t that the way it should be? If I prepare for an air attack shouldn’t I have the advantage? I mean this is AA we’re talking about. It can only attack air! Send some anti vehicle in first or locust then send your air; use some strategy rather than just mass spam air.
AA already gave you an advantage over air, this buff is totally unnecessary
lJGl Fox wrote:

While standing still, yes pelican transfer is better than teleport because of range, AoE, and cost. In a fight tough, pelicans are slow to react and can't pick up moving targets. So if you're stuck in a maelstrom or an ton of goo, tough luck.
Darn if only I had already knew that
I think the only reason there is a lot of controversy on the aa and air relationships is because on big maps in 3s it can be a challenge to defend air. But its very duable with good teamwork nonetheless. In 1s air is not challenging at all to stop if you scouted and prepared for it. There are effectively strategies to use against air in 3s. People should ask for that instead of declaring things sometimes. For example, Someone with teleport can teleport their reavers right in the ball of air attacking their base.
Any news of the balance patch being implemented today? Maybe with some changes? There has to be something! I've been holding my breath for weeks!
Any news of the balance patch being implemented today? Maybe with some changes? There has to be something! I've been holding my breath for weeks!
No news yet, but realize it is only 8:00 PST, they might have not even showed up to work yet
No news yet, but realize it is only 8:00 PST, they might have not even showed up to work yet
Ok. Either anybody post something here if you hear anything or post another thread!
nuchey wrote:
16 pop of AA shouldn't be able to negate 120 pop of air. That's ridiculous. No, having about 1/3 of your pop be AA should negate a full pop air army, which it already does. AA doesn't damage anything else but it does render your opponent's entire army useless, so the other 2/3 of your army can take down bases. Fighting air is one of the easiest things to do in this game. Only Decimus air is OP. Everything else is weak air.
nuchey wrote:
AA already gave you an advantage over air, this buff is totally unnecessary
I think there were other ways to fix AA without giving them a direct damage buff. I’ve always suggested giving the wolverines a Y ability to make them move faster for a few seconds and make it so the AA doesn’t naturally focus fire.

fixing these things would have made AA more balanced, it’s almost like they gave them a damage increase because they didn’t know how’s to properly balance AA
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 12