4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 12
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
I can't help but think all the people saying air will be "useless" are overreacting... They'll still have their massive maneuverability advantage.
Going air will now basically be like playing "the floor is lava" where every important place to hit is lava. Any army with 4 AA and any base with AA turrets will inflict massive damage to air. There will be no maneuverability advantage because there will be no where to maneuver to. Leaving a handful of wolves in your base with the hold command will render all surprise air attacks useless while you push on with your army.
Isn’t that the way it should be? If I prepare for an air attack shouldn’t I have the advantage? I mean this is AA we’re talking about. It can only attack air! Send some anti vehicle in first or locust then send your air; use some strategy rather than just mass spam air.
AA already gave you an advantage over air, this buff is totally unnecessary
I think there were other ways to fix AA without giving them a direct damage buff. I’ve always suggested giving the wolverines a Y ability to make them move faster for a few seconds and make it so the AA doesn’t naturally focus fire.

fixing these things would have made AA more balanced, it’s almost like they gave them a damage increase because they didn’t know how’s to properly balance AA
Why move faster? They move only maybe 5% slower than air plus terrian disadvantage which is not bad. That means when they attempt to hit and run your bases, they will have little success causing real damage if they even reach your base.
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
I can't help but think all the people saying air will be "useless" are overreacting... They'll still have their massive maneuverability advantage.
Going air will now basically be like playing "the floor is lava" where every important place to hit is lava. Any army with 4 AA and any base with AA turrets will inflict massive damage to air. There will be no maneuverability advantage because there will be no where to maneuver to. Leaving a handful of wolves in your base with the hold command will render all surprise air attacks useless while you push on with your army.
it’s almost like they gave them a damage increase because they didn’t know how’s to properly balance AA
It's almost like they buffed AA because players didn't know how to properly deal with mass air.
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
it’s almost like they gave them a damage increase because they didn’t know how’s to properly balance AA
It's almost like they buffed AA because players didn't know how to properly deal with mass air.
Air is hard to deal with but any combination or spam is difficult if left unnoticed. I do understand air is the most difficult to deal with unprepared but if you scout, they are exspensive units of Canon Fodder and actually the easiest to counter.
where is the patch?
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
If you take a banshee and a wolverine and race diagonally across 3v3 highway from wall to wall the banshee gets there roughly 8sec earlier. Highly doubt you will ever have to go that far in the first place(obsticals obviously included) if your units are positioned correctly and have proper sight mobility won't be the problem. 8 wolves with 16 warthogs beat 40 banshees so damage isn't the problem. banshees are 27.5% more expensive so that's not the problem. I'm lost what is the problem?
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Air is hard to deal with but any combination or spam is difficult if left unnoticed. I do understand air is the most difficult to deal with unprepared but if you scout, they are exspensive units of Canon Fodder and actually the easiest to counter.
Well yes, scouting early and building a response (early marines push, AA turrets, wolves) is what I meant by "deal with" mass air. All these things prevent air from being an issue. But enough players don't do this that AA had to be buffed.
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
If you take a banshee and a wolverine and race diagonally across 3v3 highway from wall to wall the banshee gets there roughly 8sec earlier. Highly doubt you will ever have to go that far in the first place(obsticals obviously included) if your units are positioned correctly and have proper sight mobility won't be the problem. 8 wolves with 16 warthogs beat 40 banshees so damage isn't the problem. banshees are 27.5% more expensive so that's not the problem. I'm lost what is the problem?
My guess is some players only know how to use "All Units." They see air attacking their main and recall all their units together. Or they didn't scout and get caught off guard by mass air. Or they did scout but underestimated how much AA they would need, fighting 40 Banshees with 4 wolves.

Again, all of these issues can be solved by just studying the game and improving how you respond to these situations. The resources and mechanics to stop air are in the game, people just don't know how to use them.
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
My guess is some players only know how to use "All Units." They see air attacking their main and recall all their units together. Or they didn't scout and get caught off guard by mass air. Or they did scout but underestimated how much AA they would need, fighting 40 Banshees with 4 wolves.

Again, all of these issues can be solved by just studying the game and improving how you respond to these situations. The resources and mechanics to stop air are in the game, people just don't know how to use them.
Because I play Banished, I keep my Reavers between where i'm traveling and my point I want defended. This allows me to react fast enough to travel to my army and base, even if I have teleport which is faster but allows me to move to another important checkpoint. Thats the trick to beat air is response time because they have mobility speed while you have firepower and no better way to beat air than making their only advantage useless.

TIP: I try to never have more than 40 pop of anti-air as you should never need more than that unless they have fully upgraded air and your AA is functioning without any modifiers.
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:

Or how about... Red Team send AA to the right side. A Couple min after the engagement Red Team bring AA to left side. Red teamate says "Why the F is all your AA STILL on the RIGHT F'n SIDE!. lol The problem here people is we have a failure to communicate and an idiot on the team. Later that night idiot goes online and makes an Air is OP post. I think that sums it up.

This post has been hidden.

REDACTED
Looks like we got a rebel.
I would usually ask you to delete this, to keep down exploitation... but everyone and their mother is already using it, so whatever.
Details are intentionally being left out to limit exploitation until it has been patched
stckrboy wrote:
Details are intentionally being left out to limit exploitation until it has been patched
It has gone forever unchecked so I understand why he wants this exploit patched but it was never fixed with time.
So I'm hoping we hear anything about the upcoming patch tomorrow; even an adjusted preview of the patch would be good.
So I'm hoping we hear anything about the upcoming patch tomorrow; even an adjusted preview of the patch would be good.
Couldn't agree more. We've gone far too long without a patch.
Though Voridus and Pavium are getting nerfed, I hope they wait for the patch or this game will actually become worse off.
Though Voridus and Pavium are getting nerfed, I hope they wait for the patch or this game will actually become worse off.
I hope so... for now I have to play mud runner on Xbox one.
stckrboy wrote:
It has gone forever unchecked so I understand why he wants this exploit patched but it was never fixed with time.
Some of my buddies heard from a reliable source that it actually was broken in the last patch. So the exploit has actually only been around since ATN dropped, and just wasn't discovered/widespread until the last few days.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 12