Balance Patch Feedback Thread - 8/13/2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. ...
  6. 14
Did you guys inadvertently effect multiplayer with this update? I have disconnected from nearly all the games I have played since the update. I went from Platinum 5 to Platinum 1 in a single day because the penalty for my screen freezing up and getting booted to the main menu (which is completely out of my control) is extremely unforgiving.
That just seems odd
Not odd at all, anybody who still plays the game knows the dcs are common and always have been. I agree, they seem to have gotten worse, in the 4 games I’ve played since the update someone has disconnected from 3 of them, i dced once.
And it is fairly easy to mess up proper communication between client and server if you aren't careful with patches. Kinda feels like they might have pushed this update early by accident.
-Cutter

-Leader powers, I believe it has too many drop units, specially when you summon all of them at once and you can stun an entire army. Time after time I face a Cutter with just drops after drops and marine spam. Please do something
*Core issues:

-Anti Air needs a rework.

>As it stands, all of your AA units like to auto-target the same unit. While early on this isn't a big issue, it quickly does become a problem when the other play goes full population air. As AA targets, you always have MASSIVE overkill that causes more than 6 wolverines or 5 reavers obsolete. This also makes it hard to kill air armies because it takes so long for them to switch targets one by one. Also in this scenario, air has an advantage because of their ability to kill and switch targets faster than AA. Air units have fast constant attacks that can carry onto the next unit after the previous target dies while Anti Air has to wait for their missles to hit and by the time the targeted unit dies, the next volley is sometimes lost entirely. Not to mention their will always be more Air units because of their lower population. I am aware that AA has an AOE, its almost never noticed because of how Air naturaly distances themselves. Players should not have to go full population Anti Air and micro so much to deal with the units they should counter. Either the AA missles need to be able to auto target onto another adjacent Air unit, the damage values for Air to AA needs to be changed drastically, Air should clump up tighter to actually be damaged by AOE or a combination of the 3.

>>This scenario is also true for other units like the blisterback. More than 6 blisterbacks will over DPS armies, causing the remaining shots to be dispersed into the air while kodiak shells will still land regardless of how many there are.

*Veterancy:

-Units only gain veterancy when still and NOT on hold position.

>This favors units over others because of this. All units should be able to gain Veterancy regardless of their positioning. There's no value in keeping your units alive if they're never going to vet up

*Smaller things I've noticed:

-Banished in general:

-Choppers vs UNSC early game needs tweaking. Ram is too strong

-Effectiveness of multiple shields on bases should be increased. The cost vs reward of more shields on a base is too poor and never seen

*UNSC in general:

-Condor needs better targeting.

>Condors have an extremely hard time hitting fast units. Why am I spending 2k of each resource on something that only hits half the time?

*Turrets:
-Effectiveness of turrets vs infantry rushes needs tweaking.

>200-300 power to make an anti infantry turret isn't viable due to how well early infantry can stack against them. Yes I know this can make more of a campy style and flamers/JPBs are anti building, but there's no point in going turrets vs infantry early on. It's either play well with your first army or you are done. Theres no crutch for the weaker player in that scenario

*Yap yap:

-Effectiveness of Yap Yap's heavy grunts late game.

>Yap Yap's heavy grunts offer too much hp value after they're fully upgraded especially for their cost.

-Get back out there is a joke for only 6 units. I understand if this would be hard to change due to hunter's value in this, but in most cases the lost infantry is grunts, fodder or riders.

*Serina:

-Targeting on units when frozen needs to be changed.

>units will no longer target frozen units and when all available targets are frozen, your units will do nothing. This is an obvious problem

*Pavium:

-Third point resource/production boost needs changing.

>The previous nerf to the range makes the third point invalid. Either get rid of it or make it last longer on T3 to make the point viable again. Making it last longer can make it more viable to be placed on production buildings rather than resource in some scenarios

***Suggestions***

-More events like The Yappening

>temporary game modes like The Yappening are very fun. Even if some aspects are broken all to hell.l, I don't care. That's what makes them so great. And at the end of the day, its a temporary mode that can surface again at a later limited time

>>As far as I know, little to nobody plays Rumble or especially domination. Maybe these can be removed and tweaked to be more appealing and put into a "Pool of Modes" that can randomly change every 1-2 weeks in association with any other modes

-Make skull bonuses adjustable

>Some people like to play with these. Being able to make the game absolutely broken by making bonus resources 100% or unit abilities instantly recharge would make things interesting

-NEW SKULL: Game speed

> This can cupple well with the previous "adjustable" proposition. This can appeal to new players and "pro" players alike. Playing on a faster speed allows for less reaction times and can help train higher skilled players or can just be fun for lower tier players if they wish to play with it on

>> I understand that this can interfere with the achievement to win a campaign mission with all defuf skulls on. You can make this a neutral skull like the paint grenades, birthday party and love beams
Just played a game where someone was using some sort of hack or glitch.
There was a permanently invisible unit or something that everything attacked but couldn't see or kill. And it kept destroying all my units. Couldn't attack anything else in the area because all my troops kept focused on it even after ordering them to attack something else. Also. I am extremely tired of the fact that you don't ban griefers. The in game cheating is pathetic and ridiculous by your own team.
Just played a game where someone was using some sort of hack or glitch.
If you think someone is cheating / hacking / modding in matchmaking, please file a ticket on the Halo Support site with any evidence you have - screenshots and videos are definitely helpful when filing tickets like this
Red Ga1axy wrote:
*Core issues:

-Anti Air needs a rework.

>As it stands, all of your AA units like to auto-target the same unit. While early on this isn't a big issue, it quickly does become a problem when the other play goes full population air. As AA targets, you always have MASSIVE overkill that causes more than 6 wolverines or 5 reavers obsolete. This also makes it hard to kill air armies because it takes so long for them to switch targets one by one. Also in this scenario, air has an advantage because of their ability to kill and switch targets faster than AA. Air units have fast constant attacks that can carry onto the next unit after the previous target dies while Anti Air has to wait for their missles to hit and by the time the targeted unit dies, the next volley is sometimes lost entirely. Not to mention their will always be more Air units because of their lower population. I am aware that AA has an AOE, its almost never noticed because of how Air naturaly distances themselves. Players should not have to go full population Anti Air and micro so much to deal with the units they should counter. Either the AA missles need to be able to auto target onto another adjacent Air unit, the damage values for Air to AA needs to be changed drastically, Air should clump up tighter to actually be damaged by AOE or a combination of the 3.

>>This scenario is also true for other units like the blisterback. More than 6 blisterbacks will over DPS armies, causing the remaining shots to be dispersed into the air while kodiak shells will still land regardless of how many there are.

*Veterancy:

-Units only gain veterancy when still and NOT on hold position.

>This favors units over others because of this. All units should be able to gain Veterancy regardless of their positioning. There's no value in keeping your units alive if they're never going to vet up

*Smaller things I've noticed:

-Banished in general:

-Choppers vs UNSC early game needs tweaking. Ram is too strong

-Effectiveness of multiple shields on bases should be increased. The cost vs reward of more shields on a base is too poor and never seen

*UNSC in general:

-Condor needs better targeting.

>Condors have an extremely hard time hitting fast units. Why am I spending 2k of each resource on something that only hits half the time?

*Turrets:
-Effectiveness of turrets vs infantry rushes needs tweaking.

>200-300 power to make an anti infantry turret isn't viable due to how well early infantry can stack against them. Yes I know this can make more of a campy style and flamers/JPBs are anti building, but there's no point in going turrets vs infantry early on. It's either play well with your first army or you are done. Theres no crutch for the weaker player in that scenario

*Yap yap:

-Effectiveness of Yap Yap's heavy grunts late game.

>Yap Yap's heavy grunts offer too much hp value after they're fully upgraded especially for their cost.

-Get back out there is a joke for only 6 units. I understand if this would be hard to change due to hunter's value in this, but in most cases the lost infantry is grunts, fodder or riders.

*Serina:

-Targeting on units when frozen needs to be changed.

>units will no longer target frozen units and when all available targets are frozen, your units will do nothing. This is an obvious problem

*Pavium:

-Third point resource/production boost needs changing.

>The previous nerf to the range makes the third point invalid. Either get rid of it or make it last longer on T3 to make the point viable again. Making it last longer can make it more viable to be placed on production buildings rather than resource in some scenarios

***Suggestions***

-More events like The Yappening

>temporary game modes like The Yappening are very fun. Even if some aspects are broken all to hell.l, I don't care. That's what makes them so great. And at the end of the day, its a temporary mode that can surface again at a later limited time

>>As far as I know, little to nobody plays Rumble or especially domination. Maybe these can be removed and tweaked to be more appealing and put into a "Pool of Modes" that can randomly change every 1-2 weeks in association with any other modes

-Make skull bonuses adjustable

>Some people like to play with these. Being able to make the game absolutely broken by making bonus resources 100% or unit abilities instantly recharge would make things interesting

-NEW SKULL: Game speed

> This can cupple well with the previous "adjustable" proposition. This can appeal to new players and "pro" players alike. Playing on a faster speed allows for less reaction times and can help train higher skilled players or can just be fun for lower tier players if they wish to play with it on

>> I understand that this can interfere with the achievement to win a campaign mission with all defuf skulls on. You can make this a neutral skull like the paint grenades, birthday party and love beams
I do agree
Maybe buff yapyap? You guys literally nerfed this man to the ground, its ridiculous.
was there an update this past week? I played a match today and it seems like the zoom is greater on the bases, and is a bit harder to control. I have found other minor inconsistencies too, compared to games i played a week or two ago. Something is off. Anyone got any ideas? I haven't seen anything about an HW2 update recently.
Air is still too easy to use in 2's and 3's and base rushing is still meta
also can we get some change that allows reversals without the use of leader powers? once you start losing it's automatically game over for leaders without huge nuke powers ( like Kinsano, once you start losing with her there is nothing you can do )
As someone who hit top 3 and ended in top 25 on season 11 in 3v3s there is one thing that has always bothered me ever since I got the game on day one. The fact air is so abusable even in high comp matches and wolverines being useless. Reavers are good but they are far to slow. Both hornet and banshee air comps can simply avoid them. With that said all air is a cheese that simply needs a better answer to and buffing wolverine damage against air is a simple fix that for some reason hasn't been implemented....at all...yet the amount of power for the anti air units needed is high. It makes no sense. If I was a balance changer I would up wolverine damage against air and increase reaver movement speed maybe even let them traverse hills like scarabs do so their Y ability can be for high vertical cliffs specifically. that way they can actually be a counter to air like they are supposed to be.
Now for immersion advice. With that said you should really make Vaughan a leader if not this game the next one I had so much fun using an ODST style leader in Spearbreaker. I'm sure you have seen this by many but Flood leaders would be awesome to see in the future as well. Also how come no Hierarch leader? (Prophet of truth being an example for newer fans that don't know) Their race lore-wise is said to be stronger than even elites yet we have seen nothing of their warriors fighting prowess in any halo game yet. That is a feels bad man.
Game is bugged on infinite loading screen. Wtf?!? every other game in 2v2 ranked is F’d
Defect

We own 4 xbox ones. When I am playing Multiplayer Versus AI, and when my kid turns on their xbox and logs in to xbl, it boots me 100% of the time. Fully reproducible.

4 different Xboxes
4 different xbl paid subscriptions

Happens when a person in my household turns on an xbox.
Happens when a person turns off their xbox.

I can reproduce this all day long. Reproducible 100% of the time.
You guys really need to fix the Johnson/Pavium bunker rush. It’s impossible to beat, requires no skill, and ruins the game for nearly everyone. All I play against is basic Johnson/Pavium rushers, and even when I know it’s going to happen, I still lose. Every time. The game isn’t even fun any more.
You guys really need to fix the Johnson/Pavium bunker rush. It’s impossible to beat, requires no skill, and ruins the game for nearly everyone. All I play against is basic Johnson/Pavium rushers, and even when I know it’s going to happen, I still lose. Every time. The game isn’t even fun any more.
my best strategy against that is Jerome mantis drop and mines. Usually that drops about 80% of the health, of course is annoying if there is Johnson inside and quickly pulls Y ability to heal it, but thats when throwing some flamethrowers into the combination helps the case.
Will you do something about:

• Decimus? His banshees don't even need engineers since they can heal themselves and, combined with the attack boost, they are impossible to stop unless you go full anti-air/tech marines.
  • Vultures? I know they are slow but the damage they can do against a fully upgraded base is ridiculous, at least a longer cooldown could help.
  • UNSC leaders like Johnson and Serina? They could use some buffs, their playstyle is too restricted
  • Wolverines? They are very weak compared to reavers and don't even have a Y ability, they could use a buff.
  • Improve the AI of units? Especially super units, they can't aim at all
  • Melee heroes? They could use a buff, It's rare to see a hero of this class that isn't Decimus Warlord or the Arbiter
  • Spartans? Every spartan that is not Jerome feels very underwhelming at Tech 1 and 2
  • Servers? Please?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. ...
  6. 14