Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Balance Patch Ideas for Individual Units

OP commando544

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
EiTeNeR wrote:
Banshee's damage against vehicles and bases reduced by 20%
Spoiler:
Show
Hornet damage against Vehicles increased by 10%
Spoiler:
Show
Wolverine ROF, damage and range increased by 20%, Movement speed by 10%, gains T3 upgrade that makes missiles do splash damage
Spoiler:
Show
Reaver plasma cannon doubled damage and unit gains short damage boost after using predatory leap ability
Spoiler:
Show
Cutter can build ODST's, but must be unlocked via armory at T2 and can be built in barracks
Spoiler:
Show
Sniper damage upped by 10%, now comes in squads of 2 instead of 1
Spoiler:
Show
Brute Grunt squad now deals double damage when below half health ( enraged brutes )
Spoiler:
Show
Chopper ram does 3X damage against other vehicles but HP lowered by 5% ( or 10% )
Spoiler:
Show
Each Mantis upgrade adds 50 power cost per unit
Spoiler:
Show
Colossus armor reduced by 5%
Spoiler:
Show
Watchtower reduces all enemy units armor by 20% ( maxes out at 2 watchtowers for 30% armor reduction )
Spoiler:
Show
Siege Turret deals 10% extra damage to bases
Spoiler:
Show
Jackrabbit T2 upgrade that gives permanent cloak
Spoiler:
Show
All unit type upgrades buffed ( 15% level 1, 30% level 2 and 45% level 3 )
Spoiler:
Show
  1. This change was intended so Johnson has more options than just "mantis ball lol" by increasing cost per upgrade that would keep cheesy death balls in smaller numbers and more easily countered
  2. HP and armor aren't the same, armor reduces incoming damage without effecting HP, this change would make anti-vehicle better at stopping them
  3. They only cost 100 supply but take up a turret slot and do nothing to stop attacks except giving you maybe a second of two of warning, this change would make them have purpose as they can actively contribute to the battle and have more worth in focus firing by enemies ( you could add 50 extra supply cost if you wanted )
What Ideas would you have to make the game a bit more enjoyable overall?
Johnsons best option that you say "mantis death ball lol" isn't even good because its extremely expensive, slow and very predictable. Nerfing him isn't the answer, buff his other areas. He's already a garbage leader.
Decreasing armor is basically the same thing, you don't know what you're talking about.
Ahh yes, making EVERYTHING take 20% MORE DAMAGE for NO REASON because they're trying to PUSH your base and KILL YOU but they can't because you build 1 watch tower and watched your 3 turrets clean everything up even faster. Again, I'm glad you aren't on the balance team.
Expensive 250 supply? that's not expensive for a unit that scales incredibly well into T3 and has high durability plus synergy with several of his leader powers, I already posted buffs for anti-vehicle units too. Decreasing armor reduces effective HP but ensures more damage is taken at a single point in combat, plus this means faster healing ( compared to using armor as straight up HP ) and I only suggested it for watchtowers.
you'd rather keep the same old meta of bases being completely defenseless since watchtowers and turrets do nothing against focused enemy attacks? a 20% armor reduction doesn't guarantee a defensive win, it's to help make UNSC bases not complete trash compared to their Banished counterparts.
They're 325, this already tells me you don't know what you're talking about if you're that far off their price.
You barely have 300 games under your belt.
Bases aren't completely defenseless at all, in fact they're to hard to crack because UNSC turrets are very strong and Banished shields are hard to crack.
It's still a small amount for a great unit in all tech levels, with no power cost meaning upgrades are easy to get in the meantime.
UNSC base turrets are complete trash, I've had four sets of upgraded turrets do nothing against their respective unit type. UNSC turrets fire slowly and have a very limited range compared to the damage output they produce, ontop of easily being destroyed by anything ( leaderpowers included ) they simply do nothing 80% of the time to whatever you are defending against, meaning the only way to win a defensive battle is by sending your whole army ( or an ally's ) or by using several leaderpowers.
EiTeNeR wrote:
Banshee's damage against vehicles and bases reduced by 20%
Spoiler:
Show
Hornet damage against Vehicles increased by 10%
Spoiler:
Show
Wolverine ROF, damage and range increased by 20%, Movement speed by 10%, gains T3 upgrade that makes missiles do splash damage
Spoiler:
Show
Reaver plasma cannon doubled damage and unit gains short damage boost after using predatory leap ability
Spoiler:
Show
Cutter can build ODST's, but must be unlocked via armory at T2 and can be built in barracks
Spoiler:
Show
Sniper damage upped by 10%, now comes in squads of 2 instead of 1
Spoiler:
Show
Brute Grunt squad now deals double damage when below half health ( enraged brutes )
Spoiler:
Show
Chopper ram does 3X damage against other vehicles but HP lowered by 5% ( or 10% )
Spoiler:
Show
Each Mantis upgrade adds 50 power cost per unit
Spoiler:
Show
Colossus armor reduced by 5%
Spoiler:
Show
Watchtower reduces all enemy units armor by 20% ( maxes out at 2 watchtowers for 30% armor reduction )
Spoiler:
Show
Siege Turret deals 10% extra damage to bases
Spoiler:
Show
Jackrabbit T2 upgrade that gives permanent cloak
Spoiler:
Show
All unit type upgrades buffed ( 15% level 1, 30% level 2 and 45% level 3 )
Spoiler:
Show
  1. This change was intended so Johnson has more options than just "mantis ball lol" by increasing cost per upgrade that would keep cheesy death balls in smaller numbers and more easily countered
  2. HP and armor aren't the same, armor reduces incoming damage without effecting HP, this change would make anti-vehicle better at stopping them
  3. They only cost 100 supply but take up a turret slot and do nothing to stop attacks except giving you maybe a second of two of warning, this change would make them have purpose as they can actively contribute to the battle and have more worth in focus firing by enemies ( you could add 50 extra supply cost if you wanted )
What Ideas would you have to make the game a bit more enjoyable overall?
Johnsons best option that you say "mantis death ball lol" isn't even good because its extremely expensive, slow and very predictable. Nerfing him isn't the answer, buff his other areas. He's already a garbage leader.
Decreasing armor is basically the same thing, you don't know what you're talking about.
Ahh yes, making EVERYTHING take 20% MORE DAMAGE for NO REASON because they're trying to PUSH your base and KILL YOU but they can't because you build 1 watch tower and watched your 3 turrets clean everything up even faster. Again, I'm glad you aren't on the balance team.
Expensive 250 supply? that's not expensive for a unit that scales incredibly well into T3 and has high durability plus synergy with several of his leader powers, I already posted buffs for anti-vehicle units too. Decreasing armor reduces effective HP but ensures more damage is taken at a single point in combat, plus this means faster healing ( compared to using armor as straight up HP ) and I only suggested it for watchtowers.
you'd rather keep the same old meta of bases being completely defenseless since watchtowers and turrets do nothing against focused enemy attacks? a 20% armor reduction doesn't guarantee a defensive win, it's to help make UNSC bases not complete trash compared to their Banished counterparts.
They're 325, this already tells me you don't know what you're talking about if you're that far off their price.
You barely have 300 games under your belt.
Bases aren't completely defenseless at all, in fact they're to hard to crack because UNSC turrets are very strong and Banished shields are hard to crack.
It's still a small amount for a great unit in all tech levels, with no power cost meaning upgrades are easy to get in the meantime.
UNSC base turrets are complete trash, I've had four sets of upgraded turrets do nothing against their respective unit type. UNSC turrets fire slowly and have a very limited range compared to the damage output they produce, ontop of easily being destroyed by anything ( leaderpowers included ) they simply do nothing 80% of the time to whatever you are defending against, meaning the only way to win a defensive battle is by sending your whole army ( or an ally's ) or by using several leaderpowers.
You have 300ish games, you're completely wrong about everything you're saying entirely.
325 for a unit that has to have it's upgrade or it's garbage and it's still bad because it's incredibly slow and has to be massed to be effective because they're horrible in low numbers, if you're struggling against a Johnson just kill him early game, Johnsons early game is really bad still after the buff.
UNSC turrets can stop pushes by themselves with very little support and have long range, also who uses leader powers on a 300 cost turret?
EiTeNeR wrote:
Banshee's damage against vehicles and bases reduced by 20%
Spoiler:
Show
Hornet damage against Vehicles increased by 10%
Spoiler:
Show
Wolverine ROF, damage and range increased by 20%, Movement speed by 10%, gains T3 upgrade that makes missiles do splash damage
Spoiler:
Show
Reaver plasma cannon doubled damage and unit gains short damage boost after using predatory leap ability
Spoiler:
Show
Cutter can build ODST's, but must be unlocked via armory at T2 and can be built in barracks
Spoiler:
Show
Sniper damage upped by 10%, now comes in squads of 2 instead of 1
Spoiler:
Show
Brute Grunt squad now deals double damage when below half health ( enraged brutes )
Spoiler:
Show
Chopper ram does 3X damage against other vehicles but HP lowered by 5% ( or 10% )
Spoiler:
Show
Each Mantis upgrade adds 50 power cost per unit
Spoiler:
Show
Colossus armor reduced by 5%
Spoiler:
Show
Watchtower reduces all enemy units armor by 20% ( maxes out at 2 watchtowers for 30% armor reduction )
Spoiler:
Show
Siege Turret deals 10% extra damage to bases
Spoiler:
Show
Jackrabbit T2 upgrade that gives permanent cloak
Spoiler:
Show
All unit type upgrades buffed ( 15% level 1, 30% level 2 and 45% level 3 )
Spoiler:
Show
  1. This change was intended so Johnson has more options than just "mantis ball lol" by increasing cost per upgrade that would keep cheesy death balls in smaller numbers and more easily countered
  2. HP and armor aren't the same, armor reduces incoming damage without effecting HP, this change would make anti-vehicle better at stopping them
  3. They only cost 100 supply but take up a turret slot and do nothing to stop attacks except giving you maybe a second of two of warning, this change would make them have purpose as they can actively contribute to the battle and have more worth in focus firing by enemies ( you could add 50 extra supply cost if you wanted )
What Ideas would you have to make the game a bit more enjoyable overall?
Johnsons best option that you say "mantis death ball lol" isn't even good because its extremely expensive, slow and very predictable. Nerfing him isn't the answer, buff his other areas. He's already a garbage leader.
Decreasing armor is basically the same thing, you don't know what you're talking about.
Ahh yes, making EVERYTHING take 20% MORE DAMAGE for NO REASON because they're trying to PUSH your base and KILL YOU but they can't because you build 1 watch tower and watched your 3 turrets clean everything up even faster. Again, I'm glad you aren't on the balance team.
Expensive 250 supply? that's not expensive for a unit that scales incredibly well into T3 and has high durability plus synergy with several of his leader powers, I already posted buffs for anti-vehicle units too. Decreasing armor reduces effective HP but ensures more damage is taken at a single point in combat, plus this means faster healing ( compared to using armor as straight up HP ) and I only suggested it for watchtowers.
you'd rather keep the same old meta of bases being completely defenseless since watchtowers and turrets do nothing against focused enemy attacks? a 20% armor reduction doesn't guarantee a defensive win, it's to help make UNSC bases not complete trash compared to their Banished counterparts.
They're 325, this already tells me you don't know what you're talking about if you're that far off their price.
You barely have 300 games under your belt.
Bases aren't completely defenseless at all, in fact they're to hard to crack because UNSC turrets are very strong and Banished shields are hard to crack.
It's still a small amount for a great unit in all tech levels, with no power cost meaning upgrades are easy to get in the meantime.
UNSC base turrets are complete trash, I've had four sets of upgraded turrets do nothing against their respective unit type. UNSC turrets fire slowly and have a very limited range compared to the damage output they produce, ontop of easily being destroyed by anything ( leaderpowers included ) they simply do nothing 80% of the time to whatever you are defending against, meaning the only way to win a defensive battle is by sending your whole army ( or an ally's ) or by using several leaderpowers.
You have 300ish games, you're completely wrong about everything you're saying entirely.
325 for a unit that has to have it's upgrade or it's garbage and it's still bad because it's incredibly slow and has to be massed to be effective because they're horrible in low numbers, if you're struggling against a Johnson just kill him early game, Johnsons early game is really bad still after the buff.
UNSC turrets can stop pushes by themselves with very little support and have long range, also who uses leader powers on a 300 cost turret?
"Just kill him early" not really a valid strategy and people use leader powers on bases, usually starting from the turret inward ( archer missiles ect )
I have never seen someone call off a push by just from turrets, and the damage is laughable late game, even with fortification upgrades.
EiTeNeR wrote:
Banshee's damage against vehicles and bases reduced by 20%
Spoiler:
Show
Hornet damage against Vehicles increased by 10%
Spoiler:
Show
Wolverine ROF, damage and range increased by 20%, Movement speed by 10%, gains T3 upgrade that makes missiles do splash damage
Spoiler:
Show
Reaver plasma cannon doubled damage and unit gains short damage boost after using predatory leap ability
Spoiler:
Show
Cutter can build ODST's, but must be unlocked via armory at T2 and can be built in barracks
Spoiler:
Show
Sniper damage upped by 10%, now comes in squads of 2 instead of 1
Spoiler:
Show
Brute Grunt squad now deals double damage when below half health ( enraged brutes )
Spoiler:
Show
Chopper ram does 3X damage against other vehicles but HP lowered by 5% ( or 10% )
Spoiler:
Show
Each Mantis upgrade adds 50 power cost per unit
Spoiler:
Show
Colossus armor reduced by 5%
Spoiler:
Show
Watchtower reduces all enemy units armor by 20% ( maxes out at 2 watchtowers for 30% armor reduction )
Spoiler:
Show
Siege Turret deals 10% extra damage to bases
Spoiler:
Show
Jackrabbit T2 upgrade that gives permanent cloak
Spoiler:
Show
All unit type upgrades buffed ( 15% level 1, 30% level 2 and 45% level 3 )
Spoiler:
Show
  1. This change was intended so Johnson has more options than just "mantis ball lol" by increasing cost per upgrade that would keep cheesy death balls in smaller numbers and more easily countered
  2. HP and armor aren't the same, armor reduces incoming damage without effecting HP, this change would make anti-vehicle better at stopping them
  3. They only cost 100 supply but take up a turret slot and do nothing to stop attacks except giving you maybe a second of two of warning, this change would make them have purpose as they can actively contribute to the battle and have more worth in focus firing by enemies ( you could add 50 extra supply cost if you wanted )
What Ideas would you have to make the game a bit more enjoyable overall?
Johnsons best option that you say "mantis death ball lol" isn't even good because its extremely expensive, slow and very predictable. Nerfing him isn't the answer, buff his other areas. He's already a garbage leader.
Decreasing armor is basically the same thing, you don't know what you're talking about.
Ahh yes, making EVERYTHING take 20% MORE DAMAGE for NO REASON because they're trying to PUSH your base and KILL YOU but they can't because you build 1 watch tower and watched your 3 turrets clean everything up even faster. Again, I'm glad you aren't on the balance team.
Expensive 250 supply? that's not expensive for a unit that scales incredibly well into T3 and has high durability plus synergy with several of his leader powers, I already posted buffs for anti-vehicle units too. Decreasing armor reduces effective HP but ensures more damage is taken at a single point in combat, plus this means faster healing ( compared to using armor as straight up HP ) and I only suggested it for watchtowers.
you'd rather keep the same old meta of bases being completely defenseless since watchtowers and turrets do nothing against focused enemy attacks? a 20% armor reduction doesn't guarantee a defensive win, it's to help make UNSC bases not complete trash compared to their Banished counterparts.
They're 325, this already tells me you don't know what you're talking about if you're that far off their price.
You barely have 300 games under your belt.
Bases aren't completely defenseless at all, in fact they're to hard to crack because UNSC turrets are very strong and Banished shields are hard to crack.
It's still a small amount for a great unit in all tech levels, with no power cost meaning upgrades are easy to get in the meantime.
UNSC base turrets are complete trash, I've had four sets of upgraded turrets do nothing against their respective unit type. UNSC turrets fire slowly and have a very limited range compared to the damage output they produce, ontop of easily being destroyed by anything ( leaderpowers included ) they simply do nothing 80% of the time to whatever you are defending against, meaning the only way to win a defensive battle is by sending your whole army ( or an ally's ) or by using several leaderpowers.
You have 300ish games, you're completely wrong about everything you're saying entirely.
325 for a unit that has to have it's upgrade or it's garbage and it's still bad because it's incredibly slow and has to be massed to be effective because they're horrible in low numbers, if you're struggling against a Johnson just kill him early game, Johnsons early game is really bad still after the buff.
UNSC turrets can stop pushes by themselves with very little support and have long range, also who uses leader powers on a 300 cost turret?
"Just kill him early" not really a valid strategy and people use leader powers on bases, usually starting from the turret inward ( archer missiles ect )
I have never seen someone call off a push by just from turrets, and the damage is laughable late game, even with fortification upgrades.
Yes, you can literally just kill him. Johnson has a very bad early game and Bunker drops die very fast to Anti building, if you don't apply pressure to Johnson at all you've already lost because you decided to give him all the space in the world to grab supplies and power on the map and get a comfy tech 2 with nodes.
Turret damage isn't laughable, get more games under your belt please.
EiTeNeR wrote:
Banshee's damage against vehicles and bases reduced by 20%
Spoiler:
Show
Hornet damage against Vehicles increased by 10%
Spoiler:
Show
Wolverine ROF, damage and range increased by 20%, Movement speed by 10%, gains T3 upgrade that makes missiles do splash damage
Spoiler:
Show
Reaver plasma cannon doubled damage and unit gains short damage boost after using predatory leap ability
Spoiler:
Show
Cutter can build ODST's, but must be unlocked via armory at T2 and can be built in barracks
Spoiler:
Show
Sniper damage upped by 10%, now comes in squads of 2 instead of 1
Spoiler:
Show
Brute Grunt squad now deals double damage when below half health ( enraged brutes )
Spoiler:
Show
Chopper ram does 3X damage against other vehicles but HP lowered by 5% ( or 10% )
Spoiler:
Show
Each Mantis upgrade adds 50 power cost per unit
Spoiler:
Show
Colossus armor reduced by 5%
Spoiler:
Show
Watchtower reduces all enemy units armor by 20% ( maxes out at 2 watchtowers for 30% armor reduction )
Spoiler:
Show
Siege Turret deals 10% extra damage to bases
Spoiler:
Show
Jackrabbit T2 upgrade that gives permanent cloak
Spoiler:
Show
All unit type upgrades buffed ( 15% level 1, 30% level 2 and 45% level 3 )
Spoiler:
Show
  1. This change was intended so Johnson has more options than just "mantis ball lol" by increasing cost per upgrade that would keep cheesy death balls in smaller numbers and more easily countered
  2. HP and armor aren't the same, armor reduces incoming damage without effecting HP, this change would make anti-vehicle better at stopping them
  3. They only cost 100 supply but take up a turret slot and do nothing to stop attacks except giving you maybe a second of two of warning, this change would make them have purpose as they can actively contribute to the battle and have more worth in focus firing by enemies ( you could add 50 extra supply cost if you wanted )
What Ideas would you have to make the game a bit more enjoyable overall?
Johnsons best option that you say "mantis death ball lol" isn't even good because its extremely expensive, slow and very predictable. Nerfing him isn't the answer, buff his other areas. He's already a garbage leader.
Decreasing armor is basically the same thing, you don't know what you're talking about.
Ahh yes, making EVERYTHING take 20% MORE DAMAGE for NO REASON because they're trying to PUSH your base and KILL YOU but they can't because you build 1 watch tower and watched your 3 turrets clean everything up even faster. Again, I'm glad you aren't on the balance team.
Expensive 250 supply? that's not expensive for a unit that scales incredibly well into T3 and has high durability plus synergy with several of his leader powers, I already posted buffs for anti-vehicle units too. Decreasing armor reduces effective HP but ensures more damage is taken at a single point in combat, plus this means faster healing ( compared to using armor as straight up HP ) and I only suggested it for watchtowers.
you'd rather keep the same old meta of bases being completely defenseless since watchtowers and turrets do nothing against focused enemy attacks? a 20% armor reduction doesn't guarantee a defensive win, it's to help make UNSC bases not complete trash compared to their Banished counterparts.
They're 325, this already tells me you don't know what you're talking about if you're that far off their price.
You barely have 300 games under your belt.
Bases aren't completely defenseless at all, in fact they're to hard to crack because UNSC turrets are very strong and Banished shields are hard to crack.
It's still a small amount for a great unit in all tech levels, with no power cost meaning upgrades are easy to get in the meantime.
UNSC base turrets are complete trash, I've had four sets of upgraded turrets do nothing against their respective unit type. UNSC turrets fire slowly and have a very limited range compared to the damage output they produce, ontop of easily being destroyed by anything ( leaderpowers included ) they simply do nothing 80% of the time to whatever you are defending against, meaning the only way to win a defensive battle is by sending your whole army ( or an ally's ) or by using several leaderpowers.
You have 300ish games, you're completely wrong about everything you're saying entirely.
325 for a unit that has to have it's upgrade or it's garbage and it's still bad because it's incredibly slow and has to be massed to be effective because they're horrible in low numbers, if you're struggling against a Johnson just kill him early game, Johnsons early game is really bad still after the buff.
UNSC turrets can stop pushes by themselves with very little support and have long range, also who uses leader powers on a 300 cost turret?
"Just kill him early" not really a valid strategy and people use leader powers on bases, usually starting from the turret inward ( archer missiles ect )
I have never seen someone call off a push by just from turrets, and the damage is laughable late game, even with fortification upgrades.
Yes, you can literally just kill him. Johnson has a very bad early game and Bunker drops die very fast to Anti building, if you don't apply pressure to Johnson at all you've already lost because you decided to give him all the space in the world to grab supplies and power on the map and get a comfy tech 2 with nodes.
Turret damage isn't laughable, get more games under your belt please.
>only talking point is number of gamed played
Pressure isn't always viable, especially if it's 2's or 3's and your teammates are completely random.
EiTeNeR wrote:
Banshee's damage against vehicles and bases reduced by 20%
Spoiler:
Show
Hornet damage against Vehicles increased by 10%
Spoiler:
Show
Wolverine ROF, damage and range increased by 20%, Movement speed by 10%, gains T3 upgrade that makes missiles do splash damage
Spoiler:
Show
Reaver plasma cannon doubled damage and unit gains short damage boost after using predatory leap ability
Spoiler:
Show
Cutter can build ODST's, but must be unlocked via armory at T2 and can be built in barracks
Spoiler:
Show
Sniper damage upped by 10%, now comes in squads of 2 instead of 1
Spoiler:
Show
Brute Grunt squad now deals double damage when below half health ( enraged brutes )
Spoiler:
Show
Chopper ram does 3X damage against other vehicles but HP lowered by 5% ( or 10% )
Spoiler:
Show
Each Mantis upgrade adds 50 power cost per unit
Spoiler:
Show
Colossus armor reduced by 5%
Spoiler:
Show
Watchtower reduces all enemy units armor by 20% ( maxes out at 2 watchtowers for 30% armor reduction )
Spoiler:
Show
Siege Turret deals 10% extra damage to bases
Spoiler:
Show
Jackrabbit T2 upgrade that gives permanent cloak
Spoiler:
Show
All unit type upgrades buffed ( 15% level 1, 30% level 2 and 45% level 3 )
Spoiler:
Show
  1. This change was intended so Johnson has more options than just "mantis ball lol" by increasing cost per upgrade that would keep cheesy death balls in smaller numbers and more easily countered
  2. HP and armor aren't the same, armor reduces incoming damage without effecting HP, this change would make anti-vehicle better at stopping them
  3. They only cost 100 supply but take up a turret slot and do nothing to stop attacks except giving you maybe a second of two of warning, this change would make them have purpose as they can actively contribute to the battle and have more worth in focus firing by enemies ( you could add 50 extra supply cost if you wanted )
What Ideas would you have to make the game a bit more enjoyable overall?
Johnsons best option that you say "mantis death ball lol" isn't even good because its extremely expensive, slow and very predictable. Nerfing him isn't the answer, buff his other areas. He's already a garbage leader.
Decreasing armor is basically the same thing, you don't know what you're talking about.
Ahh yes, making EVERYTHING take 20% MORE DAMAGE for NO REASON because they're trying to PUSH your base and KILL YOU but they can't because you build 1 watch tower and watched your 3 turrets clean everything up even faster. Again, I'm glad you aren't on the balance team.
Expensive 250 supply? that's not expensive for a unit that scales incredibly well into T3 and has high durability plus synergy with several of his leader powers, I already posted buffs for anti-vehicle units too. Decreasing armor reduces effective HP but ensures more damage is taken at a single point in combat, plus this means faster healing ( compared to using armor as straight up HP ) and I only suggested it for watchtowers.
you'd rather keep the same old meta of bases being completely defenseless since watchtowers and turrets do nothing against focused enemy attacks? a 20% armor reduction doesn't guarantee a defensive win, it's to help make UNSC bases not complete trash compared to their Banished counterparts.
They're 325, this already tells me you don't know what you're talking about if you're that far off their price.
You barely have 300 games under your belt.
Bases aren't completely defenseless at all, in fact they're to hard to crack because UNSC turrets are very strong and Banished shields are hard to crack.
It's still a small amount for a great unit in all tech levels, with no power cost meaning upgrades are easy to get in the meantime.
UNSC base turrets are complete trash, I've had four sets of upgraded turrets do nothing against their respective unit type. UNSC turrets fire slowly and have a very limited range compared to the damage output they produce, ontop of easily being destroyed by anything ( leaderpowers included ) they simply do nothing 80% of the time to whatever you are defending against, meaning the only way to win a defensive battle is by sending your whole army ( or an ally's ) or by using several leaderpowers.
You have 300ish games, you're completely wrong about everything you're saying entirely.
325 for a unit that has to have it's upgrade or it's garbage and it's still bad because it's incredibly slow and has to be massed to be effective because they're horrible in low numbers, if you're struggling against a Johnson just kill him early game, Johnsons early game is really bad still after the buff.
UNSC turrets can stop pushes by themselves with very little support and have long range, also who uses leader powers on a 300 cost turret?
Yes, you can literally just kill him. Johnson has a very bad early game and Bunker drops die very fast to Anti building, if you don't apply pressure to Johnson at all you've already lost because you decided to give him all the space in the world to grab supplies and power on the map and get a comfy tech 2 with nodes.
Turret damage isn't laughable, get more games under your belt please.
>only talking point is number of gamed played
Pressure isn't always viable, especially if it's 2's or 3's and your teammates are completely random.
Teams is a mess, every balance is thrown out the window and the game is balanced around 1v1s.
Yes, get more games under your belt, you don't know what you're talking about because you have so few games played.
Playing with randoms isn't a reason to do bad balance changes either, that's irrelevant.
>Argument is random team mate
As I was reading I was disagreeing with everything but when I reached this point:

"Cutter can build ODST"

I stopped reading, that's just preposterous.
Then Forge shouldn't be able to make Grizzlies.
As I was reading I was disagreeing with everything but when I reached this point:

"Cutter can build ODST"

I stopped reading, that's just preposterous.
Then Forge shouldn't be able to make Grizzlies.
Grizzlies are underpowered, it hardly matters that he can, grizzlies require T3, a lot of resources, and are not spammable.

ODST's are some of the best infantry in the game.

Your logic has nothing to do with balance.
As I was reading I was disagreeing with everything but when I reached this point:

"Cutter can build ODST"

I stopped reading, that's just preposterous.
Then Forge shouldn't be able to make Grizzlies.
Grizzlies are underpowered, it hardly matters that he can, grizzlies require T3, a lot of resources, and are not spammable.

ODST's are some of the best infantry in the game.

Your logic has nothing to do with balance.
Forge has the best economy in the game and can expand almost as quickly as Axtriox which means he can get grizzlies at 10 minutes. He can drop 3 more in along with veteran kodiaks outside of your base. Grizzlies shred through all infantry including cyclopses except for Decimus' warlord. The anvil round on his Forgehog also dominates the t1 phase. He outclasess every infantry based leader. Grizzlies are balanced, not underpowered. ODSTs should cost 300-400 supplies and 100 power. The ODST Assault group should be removed and replaced with a speed boost of some sort considering Cutter's speed was nerfed. The OdsT drop should drop only 1 squad of Odsts, but the time it takes to regenerate should be cut in half from what it is now. The damage from their mines could be changed to do anti vehicle or infantry damage instead of building killers that way they don't demolish bases. Arbiter's enforcers and Colony's Goliaths are T1 units that completely ruin games if you don't scout ahead. Yet everybody has a problem with T3 Odsts. It doesn't make any sense. Take away the leader power wheel and what does he have? Nothing unique now because Jerome is his own leader.
As I was reading I was disagreeing with everything but when I reached this point:

"Cutter can build ODST"

I stopped reading, that's just preposterous.
Then Forge shouldn't be able to make Grizzlies.
Grizzlies are underpowered, it hardly matters that he can, grizzlies require T3, a lot of resources, and are not spammable.

ODST's are some of the best infantry in the game.

Your logic has nothing to do with balance.
Forge has the best economy in the game and can expand almost as quickly as Axtriox which means he can get grizzlies at 10 minutes. He can drop 3 more in along with veteran kodiaks outside of your base. Grizzlies shred through all infantry including cyclopses except for Decimus' warlord. The anvil round on his Forgehog also dominates the t1 phase. He outclasess every infantry based leader. Grizzlies are balanced, not underpowered. ODSTs should cost 300-400 supplies and 100 power. The ODST Assault group should be removed and replaced with a speed boost of some sort considering Cutter's speed was nerfed. The OdsT drop should drop only 1 squad of Odsts, but the time it takes to regenerate should be cut in half from what it is now. The damage from their mines could be changed to do anti vehicle or infantry damage instead of building killers that way they don't demolish bases. Arbiter's enforcers and Colony's Goliaths are T1 units that completely ruin games if you don't scout ahead. Yet everybody has a problem with T3 Odsts. It doesn't make any sense. Take away the leader power wheel and what does he have? Nothing unique now because Jerome is his own leader.
They can be made at T2 too, but you prob won't want to invest in them heavily at that tech level due to their cost, potential risk for reward if you do decide to build them though. And if they fix Cutters Veterancy leader power that could make Cutter a really good infantry leader.
As I was reading I was disagreeing with everything but when I reached this point:

"Cutter can build ODST"

I stopped reading, that's just preposterous.
Then Forge shouldn't be able to make Grizzlies.
Grizzlies are underpowered, it hardly matters that he can, grizzlies require T3, a lot of resources, and are not spammable.

ODST's are some of the best infantry in the game.

Your logic has nothing to do with balance.
Forge has the best economy in the game and can expand almost as quickly as Axtriox which means he can get grizzlies at 10 minutes. He can drop 3 more in along with veteran kodiaks outside of your base. Grizzlies shred through all infantry including cyclopses except for Decimus' warlord. The anvil round on his Forgehog also dominates the t1 phase. He outclasess every infantry based leader. Grizzlies are balanced, not underpowered. ODSTs should cost 300-400 supplies and 100 power. The ODST Assault group should be removed and replaced with a speed boost of some sort considering Cutter's speed was nerfed. The OdsT drop should drop only 1 squad of Odsts, but the time it takes to regenerate should be cut in half from what it is now. The damage from their mines could be changed to do anti vehicle or infantry damage instead of building killers that way they don't demolish bases. Arbiter's enforcers and Colony's Goliaths are T1 units that completely ruin games if you don't scout ahead. Yet everybody has a problem with T3 Odsts. It doesn't make any sense. Take away the leader power wheel and what does he have? Nothing unique now because Jerome is his own leader.
Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about. You need to play a lot more and keep improving before calling unwarranted nerfs or buffs.
As I was reading I was disagreeing with everything but when I reached this point:

"Cutter can build ODST"

I stopped reading, that's just preposterous.
Then Forge shouldn't be able to make Grizzlies.
Grizzlies are underpowered, it hardly matters that he can, grizzlies require T3, a lot of resources, and are not spammable.

ODST's are some of the best infantry in the game.

Your logic has nothing to do with balance.
Forge has the best economy in the game and can expand almost as quickly as Axtriox which means he can get grizzlies at 10 minutes. He can drop 3 more in along with veteran kodiaks outside of your base. Grizzlies shred through all infantry including cyclopses except for Decimus' warlord. The anvil round on his Forgehog also dominates the t1 phase. He outclasess every infantry based leader. Grizzlies are balanced, not underpowered. ODSTs should cost 300-400 supplies and 100 power. The ODST Assault group should be removed and replaced with a speed boost of some sort considering Cutter's speed was nerfed. The OdsT drop should drop only 1 squad of Odsts, but the time it takes to regenerate should be cut in half from what it is now. The damage from their mines could be changed to do anti vehicle or infantry damage instead of building killers that way they don't demolish bases. Arbiter's enforcers and Colony's Goliaths are T1 units that completely ruin games if you don't scout ahead. Yet everybody has a problem with T3 Odsts. It doesn't make any sense. Take away the leader power wheel and what does he have? Nothing unique now because Jerome is his own leader.
Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about. You need to play a lot more and keep improving before calling unwarranted nerfs or buffs.
Not an argument.
As I was reading I was disagreeing with everything but when I reached this point:

"Cutter can build ODST"

I stopped reading, that's just preposterous.
Then Forge shouldn't be able to make Grizzlies.
Grizzlies are underpowered, it hardly matters that he can, grizzlies require T3, a lot of resources, and are not spammable.

ODST's are some of the best infantry in the game.

Your logic has nothing to do with balance.
Not an argument.
It is not, it's a suggestion.
As I was reading I was disagreeing with everything but when I reached this point:

"Cutter can build ODST"

I stopped reading, that's just preposterous.
Then Forge shouldn't be able to make Grizzlies.
Grizzlies are underpowered, it hardly matters that he can, grizzlies require T3, a lot of resources, and are not spammable.

ODST's are some of the best infantry in the game.

Your logic has nothing to do with balance.
Forge has the best economy in the game and can expand almost as quickly as Axtriox which means he can get grizzlies at 10 minutes. He can drop 3 more in along with veteran kodiaks outside of your base. Grizzlies shred through all infantry including cyclopses except for Decimus' warlord. The anvil round on his Forgehog also dominates the t1 phase. He outclasess every infantry based leader. Grizzlies are balanced, not underpowered. ODSTs should cost 300-400 supplies and 100 power. The ODST Assault group should be removed and replaced with a speed boost of some sort considering Cutter's speed was nerfed. The OdsT drop should drop only 1 squad of Odsts, but the time it takes to regenerate should be cut in half from what it is now. The damage from their mines could be changed to do anti vehicle or infantry damage instead of building killers that way they don't demolish bases. Arbiter's enforcers and Colony's Goliaths are T1 units that completely ruin games if you don't scout ahead. Yet everybody has a problem with T3 Odsts. It doesn't make any sense. Take away the leader power wheel and what does he have? Nothing unique now because Jerome is his own leader.
Not sure what you're trying to get at here. No one has a problems with ODSTs on 3rd point, and grizzlies are kinda UP, they're way to slow to fight and you only see them from the drop. You can choose to not fight Grizzlies because how slow they are.
My name is mike beaston and i endorse these changes
As I was reading I was disagreeing with everything but when I reached this point:

"Cutter can build ODST"

I stopped reading, that's just preposterous.
Then Forge shouldn't be able to make Grizzlies.
Grizzlies are underpowered, it hardly matters that he can, grizzlies require T3, a lot of resources, and are not spammable.

ODST's are some of the best infantry in the game.

Your logic has nothing to do with balance.
Forge has the best economy in the game and can expand almost as quickly as Axtriox which means he can get grizzlies at 10 minutes. He can drop 3 more in along with veteran kodiaks outside of your base. Grizzlies shred through all infantry including cyclopses except for Decimus' warlord. The anvil round on his Forgehog also dominates the t1 phase. He outclasess every infantry based leader. Grizzlies are balanced, not underpowered. ODSTs should cost 300-400 supplies and 100 power. The ODST Assault group should be removed and replaced with a speed boost of some sort considering Cutter's speed was nerfed. The OdsT drop should drop only 1 squad of Odsts, but the time it takes to regenerate should be cut in half from what it is now. The damage from their mines could be changed to do anti vehicle or infantry damage instead of building killers that way they don't demolish bases. Arbiter's enforcers and Colony's Goliaths are T1 units that completely ruin games if you don't scout ahead. Yet everybody has a problem with T3 Odsts. It doesn't make any sense. Take away the leader power wheel and what does he have? Nothing unique now because Jerome is his own leader.
Not sure what you're trying to get at here. No one has a problems with ODSTs on 3rd point, and grizzlies are kinda UP, they're way to slow to fight and you only see them from the drop. You can choose to not fight Grizzlies because how slow they are.
the Grizzly drop is still kinda cheesy, but aside from that you won't be getting rushed down by ODST's in early game, their tech limitations and cost would keep them from being mass produced until late T2 to T3. Considering how weak infantry in this game is by T3, this would at least give Cutter some better options considering he's an infantry focused leader who falls off at T2 and late T3. This would also encourage people to experiment with more army compositions that just all of 1 unit.
The dercimus drop should come with the three grizzlie tanks, as deimus is a excellant negotiator and could easily convince them to join his side.
The dercimus drop should come with the three grizzlie tanks, as deimus is a excellant negotiator and could easily convince them to join his side.
Don't forget a veteran Retriever Sentinel since Decimus is the true reclaimer
The dercimus drop should come with the three grizzlie tanks, as deimus is a excellant negotiator and could easily convince them to join his side.
Don't forget a veteran Retriever Sentinel since Decimus is the true reclaimer
Its true and very lore friendly.
You do know that RTS is balanced at the highest level, right? Do you primarily play RTS games or Halo games? My guess is Halo games.

That's why this game's low level community can be so insufferable. They are completely ignorant of the fundamentals of RTS. Players will all get better over time, so it makes the most sense to balance the game based around the most optimized level of play. People can complain that it makes the casual experience worse, but think about it this way: why should players that put in the hours and effort to get good at the game have to deal with a game that's poorly balanced at a high level because casual players want everything based around them?

I know you'll try to argue against this, but this is literally just the truth about RTS games. Ask any RTS dev, they will tell you they balanced their game around 1v1s at a high level (unless the game is a marked departure from traditional RTS). So yes, "you don't know enough about the game" is a valid argument. You can't understand the game's balance unless you're operating at a certain level of skill. Imagine a 2nd grade math student is thrown into calculus and starts making -Yoink- up and asserting that they're right.

tl;dr: git gud
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3