[Locked] Balance Patch Preview, No Notes Today :(

OP BreezyStarfish1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Even if you just give me a preview of the notes, not even the complete balance changes I'd be happy. It's been a long time with broken strategies, can we get news on a fix?
Even if you just give me a preview of the notes, not even the complete balance changes I'd be happy. It's been a long time with broken strategies, can we get news on a fix?
Bad ^^
Bad ^^
Care to elaborate on why this would be bad?

It would be nice to at least know what to expect with the coming patch.

For example; "Voridus Infusion is being looked at, and we are trying to find a happy medium between him being too strong and underwhelming. Pavium's overwhelming late game strength will also be addressed".

Now, obviously this isn't an actual statement; this is just an example of what a status update could look like. It would be nice if we were provided some sort of update, rather than being left in the dark about this.

You feel me?
Almost posted a topic yesterday asking if the GooGoblin has been fixed yet. I guess not... I will just continue to let my 40GB update continue in the background while I pretend to be an Allied Soldier in WWII. This balance patch has been needed ever since ATN dropped. I don't plan to play much until it is fixed.
Bad ^^
Care to elaborate on why this would be bad?

It would be nice to at least know what to expect with the coming patch.

For example; "Voridus Infusion is being looked at, and we are trying to find a happy medium between him being too strong and underwhelming. Pavium's overwhelming late game strength will also be addressed".

Now, obviously this isn't an actual statement; this is just an example of what a status update could look like. It would be nice if we were provided some sort of update, rather than being left in the dark about this.

You feel me?
Lol it's not bad
I'm ready for scouts to be relevant and for voridus to be brought in line. But here's an unpopular opinion:
Voridus isn't THAT bad. The main issue is his invincibility early game. Deny nodes and supply caches with mines, destroy infantry mobs/backline snipers with grenadier drop, and take late game with low cooldowns maelstrom.

I believe all of these can be fixed without touching the efficiency of his goo.

I'm not on their data team but I suspect that their stats are showing voridus is overwhelming in the early game but is struggling closing out games if they don't end fast enough. Just a guess.

My suggestion has always been to rework mines in that it you destroy them before they arm it goes off for reduced damage but the special effect does not. Cryo mines, stasis mines, victory mines, etc. Half or so damage and losing the special effect. That way players are rewarded for their counterplay and quick reactions. Similar to anticipating and dodging, say, archer missiles.

Also, the sheer amount of time the gel sticks around after the mine goes off is unacceptable. Gel durations need a hard looking at. Again, I do not propose a change in damage, slow, or debuff. At least not yet.

Brute grenadier drop:

This one is tricky. It drops one unit that insofar as damage goes is quite pathetic. But it is useful for instsntly spreading gel at a targeted location. Open to balance suggestions with this one.

All in all, Voridus has no nukes and 1 notable unit drop mid-late game. Everything around this leader depends on gel usage. Invigorating frenzy, cataclysm, etc ALL rely on spreading gel in places you want it.

Voridus is the damage over time leader. Got it. Damage over time abilities leave tons of room for counterplay with mobility and game knowledge.

Once (if) scouts become viable that in of itself Will kneecap voridus a lot.

Long story short, he's probably one of the most fun leaders to play. I would hate to see him become useless.
I'm ready for scouts to be relevant and for voridus to be brought in line. But here's an unpopular opinion:
Voridus isn't THAT bad. The main issue is his invincibility early game. Deny nodes and supply caches with mines, destroy infantry mobs/backline snipers with grenadier drop, and take late game with low cooldowns maelstrom.

I'm not on their data team but I suspect that their stats are showing voridus is overwhelming in the early game but is struggling closing out games if they don't end fast enough. Just a guess.

My suggestion has always been to rework mines in that it you destroy them before they arm it goes off for reduced damage but the special effect does not. Cryo mines, stasis mines, victory mines, etc. Half or so damage and losing the special effect. That way players are rewarded for their counterplay and quick reactions. Similar to anticipating and dodging, say, archer missiles.

Also, the sheer amount of time the gel sticks around after the mine goes off is unacceptable. Gel durations need a hard looking at. Again, I do not propose a change in damage, slow, or debuff. At least not yet.

Brute grenadier drop:

This one is tricky. It drops one unit that insofar as damage goes is quite pathetic. But it is useful for instsntly spreading gel at a targeted location. Open to balance suggestions with this one.

All in all, Voridus has no nukes and 1 notable unit drop mid-late game. Everything around this leader depends on gel usage. Invigorating frenzy, cataclysm, etc ALL rely on spreading gel in places you it.

Voridus is the damage over time leader. Got it. Damage over time abilities leave tons of room for counterplay with mobility and game knowledge.

Long story short, he's probably one of the most fun leaders to play. I would hate to see him become useless.
Personally *unpopular opinion* I'd be fine if the goo just had a reduced duration. 2:00??? Hello??? Keep the damage and such the same but reduce the duration to like 30 seconds or so

Brute grenadier drop:

All in all, Voridus has no nukes and 1 notable unit drop mid-late game. Everything around this leader depends on gel usage. Invigorating frenzy, cataclysm, etc ALL rely on spreading gel in places you it.

Personally *unpopular opinion* I'd be fine if the goo just had a reduced duration. 2:00??? Hello??? Keep the damage and such the same but reduce the duration to like 30 seconds or so
The only time gel should stick around for an extended duration of time is Salt the Earth. Or Voridus' Y ability. He's a melee leader with low speed and absolutely no way to stick to his target. His thing is spreading gel and having a strong AoE damaging special attack. He's basically a Wal-Mart version of Warlord, instead bringing utility over single target domination.
The only time gel should stick around for an extended duration of time is Salt the Earth. Or Voridus' Y ability. He's a melee leader with low speed and absolutely no way to stick to his target. His thing is spreading gel and having a strong AoE damaging special attack. He's basically a Wal-Mart version of Warlord, instead bringing utility over single target domination.
I could get behind that, so much of the hero's kit revolves around that goo anyways.

Brute grenadier drop:

why are scouts not relevent?
They cost a lot in the beginning, don't do very much damage, and die pretty fast.
They're good for scouting, but the T1 balance triangle is:
Core Infantry beats Scouts
Anti-Infantry beats Core Infantry
Rush Units kill buildings
Scouts beat Rush Units.

The problem is Scouts don't nearly do enough damage to rush units for them to really accomplish their purpose, so people often use anti-infantry instead.
Agreed. It's honestly torture that we've been given a new season yet no fix is in sight for Voridus. I'm tired of that moment when a ranked game starts loading, I see a Voridus on the other team, and my eyes roll into my head. Very disappointed this hasn't been addressed in the slightest.

Brute grenadier drop:

All in all, Voridus has no nukes and 1 notable unit drop mid-late game. Everything around this leader depends on gel usage. Invigorating frenzy, cataclysm, etc ALL rely on spreading gel in places you want it.

I completely agree that the goo duration needs to be put in check. 2 mins is torture.

I'm torn on it's effectiveness though. It's so strong right now. But, maybe if the duration was more manageable it would be OK.

Brute grenadier drop:

Voridus breaks anyone late game and I feel the game would be in a better spot if voridus was useless
I would love to see Voridus become useless. CA usually don't nerf hard enough instead of the other way (aside from with Atriox) so I doubt that will happen though.
I would love to see Voridus become useless. CA usually don't nerf hard enough instead of the other way (aside from with Atriox) so I doubt that will happen though.
I wouldn't mind it at all if he became useless, but at this point, any adjustment would be appreciated.

#googone #diarrheagone

Brute grenadier drop:

Voridus breaks anyone late game and I feel the game would be in a better spot if voridus was useless
I mean that's one outlook lol. At least most high level players are playing other leaders. Seems to be some kind of unofficial "no voridus" bro pact. Unlike when Jerome or forge were busted it's all people played.
My anticipation is extremely high; I see that it is shared. No wonder, the disgusting muddy mess has been going on for months.

#diarrheagone
I think you just miss posting the patch notes first ;)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4