[Locked] Balance Patch Preview, No Notes Today :(

OP BreezyStarfish1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
They ain’t going to nerf voridus until at least a hundred people have bought atn.
In what world does this make sense...
This is game got stupid real quick with how strong they are making the covenant leaders. I mean they can almost destroy your base without even being near it with some of their leader powers, not to mention take out your whole army with just one. Then you throw in shields, invisibility, free units with yap yap, it don't end. This game was fun but I wish they would go back to the Halo olden days when it was a first person shooter.
You obviously didn't play much Forgehog, preseason, or season one.

You couldn't win with Banished in those days.
So what about Chopper engineers dominating season0-2?
Season 0 was Forge Rolling Eco jackrabbits and Anders sentinels, followed by Redline rabbits in season 1.

In any case, the developers aren't actively trying to make one faction better than the other. They're just struggling to perfectly balance the game.
This is game got stupid real quick with how strong they are making the covenant leaders. I mean they can almost destroy your base without even being near it with some of their leader powers, not to mention take out your whole army with just one. Then you throw in shields, invisibility, free units with yap yap, it don't end. This game was fun but I wish they would go back to the Halo olden days when it was a first person shooter.

Season 0 was Forge Rolling Eco jackrabbits and Anders sentinels, followed by Redline rabbits in season 1.

In any case, the developers aren't actively trying to make one faction better than the other. They're just struggling to perfectly balance the game.
Its pretty balanced in terms of everything else besides the new brute brothers (Our past fights are the best examples possible...)

Choppers only dominated season 3, after that we had Jerome hero, Serina exploit, and Forgehog. Finishing with Yapyap/Forgehog and now Voridus/Pavium.

The point of this isn't to keep score on which race has been OP more often, it just goes to show there hasn't been any bias to either faction throughout this game's development
YESSSSS PATCHE TODAY BOYS WOOOOOOO
Not patch just notes
Not patch just notes
Nevertheless, still very exciting to see the notes.
Even if you just give me a preview of the notes, not even the complete balance changes I'd be happy. It's been a long time with broken strategies, can we get news on a fix?
I've been bugging the team and thought I may have some preview balance notes to share today but they just told me that's not looking likely. As soon as we can, we'll definitely post them!
ske7ch wrote:
Even if you just give me a preview of the notes, not even the complete balance changes I'd be happy. It's been a long time with broken strategies, can we get news on a fix?
I've been bugging the team and thought I may have some preview balance notes to share today but they just told me that's not looking likely. As soon as we can, we'll definitely post them!
Thanks for trying.
Sorry I spoke too soon - the team just said they won't have notes ready for me today. I'm bugging them nonstop and they're working on the balance update but aren't quite ready to share publicly yet. Hopefully soon - as soon as I have the details, we'll get it posted.
ske7ch wrote:
Sorry I spoke too soon - the team just said they won't have notes ready for me today. I'm bugging them nonstop and they're working on the balance update but aren't quite ready to share publicly yet. Hopefully soon - as soon as I have the details, we'll get it posted.
Appreciate the effort!
ske7ch wrote:
Well thanks sketch
Just posted:

Balance Change Preview - Nov. 10
Nothing to fix Phantom Enforcers.

Sadness.
Siege turrets should scale with amount not only a slight base increase of cost and their range is still kinda ridiculous.
Buffing AA and Warthogs? Good bye air, good bye Banished!
Where is the love for elite-grunts? Since they buffed Marines and Brute-Grunts(only the mine tho) i feel like they are underachieving even with invi.
Dont know about Mantis felt like they performed quite well in my encounters.
Also why a limit to rank at all? Just let us grind to lvl over 9000!
Otherwise thank you for YapYap, Shroud and Council changes much appreciated!
Just posted:

Balance Change Preview - Nov. 10
Nothing to fix Phantom Enforcers.

Sadness.
Phantom Enforcers isn't a huge issue.

Their bugged heal rate is however.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4