Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Balance patch soon?

OP OmegaLUL947452

It's been nearly 4 months since the last one and big balances are still yet to be made e.g. Deci siphon and Anders sentinel seige.

I know the devs are all focused on MCC to PC but is there an upcoming patch any time soon?
Would love to get an answer on this.... Serena needs some Lovin
Heard there is a patch coming in a week or so? Hope wasn’t rumors...
There has been no announcement for any patches.
They would have to give a rats behind about Halo Wars 2 to even make content for the game... let alone post anyting about patches and plans for the future. They would rather throw the game into a storage locker for a decade leaving the game to die. For those that claim they do and are just busy... look at how many maps they have made for multiplayer... easiest content to add to a RTS. they made blitz with 1 map and wont add more leaving a potentially fun game mode completely stale and now dead. If it wasnt for the Ranking system multiplayer would prob be dead too. All they have done is complete the content for the season pass at launch essentially
Ein17 wrote:
They would have to give a rats behind about Halo Wars 2 to even make content for the game... let alone post anyting about patches and plans for the future. They would rather throw the game into a storage locker for a decade leaving the game to die. For those that claim they do and are just busy... look at how many maps they have made for multiplayer... easiest content to add to a RTS. they made blitz with 1 map and wont add more leaving a potentially fun game mode completely stale and now dead. If it wasnt for the Ranking system multiplayer would prob be dead too. All they have done is complete the content for the season pass at launch essentially
Couldn’t agree more. We always are berated for pointing out the obvious but what you said is spot on. 1 nap for Blitz and the most recent map, Fort Jordan, is still bugged after several months and will probably never even make it to unranked multiplayer.

The lack of attention spent on this game is pathetic. Because of that, I won’t be buying another halo game because it’s clear that the agenda is to pump out a product, cash in, and that’s in. Glad I only spent $30 on the ultimate edition.
Balance Patch Coming Soon, 2020.....
343 are focused almost entirely on MCC and Halo Infinite... it is very possible that once work on MCC starts to lighten up a bit, Postums and Wrensi could give HW2 some more attention. We just have to be patient.
Volize wrote:
343 are focused almost entirely on MCC and Halo Infinite... it is very possible that once work on MCC starts to lighten up a bit, Postums and Wrensi could give HW2 some more attention. We just have to be patient.
They could... but unlikely its been clear as day since this game came out with the game breaking bugs and imbalance in multiplayer that they had little to no interest in supporting the game and the proof is that they still have not fixed it. The fact of the matter is that Halo Wars as a whole does not sell as many copies as the FPS. So they wrote the game off from the get go. The only way this game will get the attention it needs and deserves is if they part ways with it and have a third party take over. 343 wont dedicate the manpower this game needs unless they have a clear monetary gain to make it worth their time. Which lets be honest it wont unless they pour an immense amount of time and manpower to overhaul and make the game competitive and ready for E sports tournaments as well as port it to Steam and build a larger PC audience for the game. Only then would they have a monetary reason to dedicate manpower and routinely add content / balance patches.
Volize wrote:
Patient? We haven’t been patient already? You guys couldn’t fix this game for years and we are supposed to wait longer for balance patches? Possible/could see Halo Wars 2 getting more attention? Wow, thanks so much. I’m glad that you cleared that up.

Maybe if we wait until 2020 we will see another balance patch that fixes three issues. Great job. Still never buying another halo product again after how this game was treated and marketed.
mxmumtuna wrote:
Volize wrote:
Patient? We haven’t been patient already? You guys couldn’t fix this game for years and we are supposed to wait longer for balance patches? Possible/could see Halo Wars 2 getting more attention? Wow, thanks so much. I’m glad that you cleared that up.

Maybe if we wait until 2020 we will see another balance patch that fixes three issues. Great job. Still never buying another halo product again after how this game was treated and marketed.
MCC and Infinite are massive projects. Getting the older games on PC is obviously gonna take lots of time and effort across the studio. HW2 can wait.

I’m sure once work starts becoming lighter with Halo MCC, we can expect more balance patches and possibly new content.
Volize wrote:
I agree with Volize here, although I think HW2 has their own team that focuses on RTS including contractors. I don't know if the game is getting anymore updates than balance patches but it sure ended leaving some room for HW3.
Volize wrote:
I agree with Volize here, although I think HW2 has their own team that focuses on RTS including contractors. I don't know if the game is getting anymore updates than balance patches but it sure ended leaving some room for HW3.
Well I know that Postums and Wrensi work on the balance patches for HW2 but currently they are super busy with MCC, I’m not sure if anyone else in the studio is dedicated to HW2.
Would love to get an answer on this.... Serena needs some Lovin
Agreed, I ship her with the arbiter
Volize wrote:
Volize wrote:
Well I know that Postums and Wrensi work on the balance patches for HW2 but currently they are super busy with MCC, I’m not sure if anyone else in the studio is dedicated to HW2.
You got a point, I did go to Postum's discord server for updates on Halo Wars 2 but it is definitely fully committed to MCC (as it should be)

I don't know why I mentioned Halo Wars 3, that probably won't be considered for another two years.
This games meta is hard to grind, i understand 343 has more urgent stuff todo at the moment with MCC and Infinite releases coming up. But if we have to wait till those are out for a patch this game will die. Plus we payed hard earned money so i hope we get a patch before infinite release. I bought this day one full price. I love this game but i cant be asked matching anders and decimus for another year or a jerome hero early on etc. Game has lots of potential though and really fun to play but as soon as you match high tier and smurfs its all about exploits leaving me wondering why i should bother searching for another match up