1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11
Blisterback range is I think 75% of the Kodiak range. We could bump this up to be 85% me thinks. Cost reduction also sounds nice and ensures we don't end up with a too damaging unit that causes a turtle fest. I'll replace the damage changes with this.
The range of the Blisterback is 150, while the Kodiak's is 200.
Blisterback range is I think 75% of the Kodiak range. We could bump this up to be 85% me thinks. Cost reduction also sounds nice and ensures we don't end up with a too damaging unit that causes a turtle fest. I'll replace the damage changes with this.
The range of the Blisterback is 150, while the Kodiak's is 200.
Blisterbacks cost nearly more than Kodiaks and are T3. I exspect them to be the same as Kodiaks if not better.
This was brought many pages ago...

Johnson's bunker drop does not stun enemy units when it lands. I think that it definitely should.

Johnson's bunker drop does not stun enemy units when it lands. I think that it definitely should.
I don't see stunning as a problem. It is not like EMP MAC wipes out armies so I agree. It should daze if not stun but it is not a priority issue.

I don't see stunning as a problem. It is not like EMP MAC wipes out armies so I agree. It should daze if not stun but it is not a priority issue.
No, not the biggest issue. Bunkers should probably be cheaper too, But, it would be good if it stunned. I think it's supposed to anyway.
A have a few more suggestions.
  • The Retriever Sentinel is currently really powerful. I don't want to comment on the unit stats, but rather the respawn timer. The cool down on the Retriever Sentinel power shouldn't begin until the unit has died. Same with Decimus. It's pretty ridiculous being able to call down another one the second it dies.
  • Blisterbacks should have more range, say ~20%. This would help with their survivability by letting you keep them further away from harm. They are currently glass cannons that need to be too close to the action to actually work. A 75 supply cost reduction would also help, given how expensive they are. Last I checked their damage was really good so I think just those two changes would suffice for now.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
For the Retriever, while I think AV buffs will help with affording a more diverse army, I'm not yet convinced it will be enough either. Yoda was suggesting to make them a buildable unit due to the sheer surprise factor of the drop timing (you force an army that is bad against air and BOOM). If that can't be done, we should probably look at pop and cost nerfs, because what you suggest can't be done as far as I recall.
It can't be done? Hmm, I thought it would be similar to how they changed Jerome's Y ability cool down to start after the mantis died. At launch the cool down started when you first dropped the mantis, allowing you to insta drop another when it died which is exactly how the Retriever works. But yeah, if that's not possible then I think a cost and pop increase is needed. Cost could probably be 2000/2000 like Omega, while pop can be bumped up to 30.
Well the difference is that that system is utilizing the ability of Jerome, rather than a leader power. I'll add the cost/pop increases to prio 1 as I find it unlikely that they'd do code work and localization for 1 balance change.
  • The Retriever Sentinel is currently really powerful. I don't want to comment on the unit stats, but rather the respawn timer. The cool down on the Retriever Sentinel power shouldn't begin until the unit has died. Same with Decimus. It's pretty ridiculous being able to call down another one the second it dies.
  • Blisterbacks should have more range, say ~20%. This would help with their survivability by letting you keep them further away from harm. They are currently glass cannons that need to be too close to the action to actually work. A 75 supply cost reduction would also help, given how expensive they are. Last I checked their damage was really good so I think just those two changes would suffice for now.
For the Retriever, while I think AV buffs will help with affording a more diverse army, I'm not yet convinced it will be enough either. Yoda was suggesting to make them a buildable unit due to the sheer surprise factor of the drop timing (you force an army that is bad against air and BOOM). If that can't be done, we should probably look at pop and cost nerfs, because what you suggest can't be done as far as I recall.
It can't be done? Hmm, I thought it would be similar to how they changed Jerome's Y ability cool down to start after the mantis died. At launch the cool down started when you first dropped the mantis, allowing you to insta drop another when it died which is exactly how the Retriever works. But yeah, if that's not possible then I think a cost and pop increase is needed. Cost could probably be 2000/2000 like Omega, while pop can be bumped up to 30.
Well the difference is that that system is utilizing the ability of Jerome, rather than a leader power. I'll add the cost/pop increases to prio 1 as I find it unlikely that they'd do code work and localization for 1 balance change.
So I did some testing with small unit interactions with the retriever. Start at the 10min mark and the retriever does not over perform against armys of similar pop and similar cost. I think the issue is that it can be dropped anywhere and it can be dropped again immediately after death.
I think a pop increase to 30 and a longer cool down time would do the trick. I don't think it needs to be more expensive but I think 2000/2000 isn't unreasonable.
THEWALL766 wrote:
So I did some testing with small unit interactions with the retriever. Start at the 10min mark and the retriever does not over perform against armys of similar pop and similar cost. I think the issue is that it can be dropped anywhere and it can be dropped again immediately after death.
I think a pop increase to 30 and a longer cool down time would do the trick. I don't think it needs to be more expensive but I think 2000/2000 isn't unreasonable.
Or, how about this, we make it cost 1200/800 and put it on a timer like a close air support, but you can control it for the time period. That way you can use it for the engagement, but it can’t terrorize the field for the rest of the game until the cooldown resets.
THEWALL766 wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
Or, how about this, we make it cost 1200/800 and put it on a timer like a close air support, but you can control it for the time period. That way you can use it for the engagement, but it can’t terrorize the field for the rest of the game until the cooldown resets.
I'm pretty sure turning them into a temporary unit would require code work. Plus, if it's temporary then it wouldn't cost any population (like CAS). I think that would make it even stronger, having a full pop army AND a Retriever during an engagement. A 60 second duration would be more than enough to mess up your opponent's army/base with a full pop army backing it up.
Feature Requests:
  • Spectator mode leader power wheels. We currently can't see what powers are being picked. This is especially tough when it comes to some passives.
Actually, no kind of control wheels are shown. In the case of buildings, you cannot tell what they are currently selecting or what they queued up while it happens. This would be nice to add too if possible.
Feature Requests:
  • Spectator mode leader power wheels. We currently can't see what powers are being picked. This is especially tough when it comes to some passives.
Actually, no kind of control wheels are shown. In the case of buildings, you cannot tell what they are currently selecting or what they queued up while it happens. This would be nice to add too if possible.
Literally made a thread about this a while ago (here). Got buried buy whatever popular issue/exploit was happening at the time. Additionally,
  • Allow player to select all/local of player that they are spectating and also of team that they are currently spectating
  • Add similar functionality of the d-pad of the regular player to d-pad of spectator
THEWALL766 wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
I'm pretty sure turning them into a temporary unit would require code work. Plus, if it's temporary then it wouldn't cost any population (like CAS). I think that would make it even stronger, having a full pop army AND a Retriever during an engagement. A 60 second duration would be more than enough to mess up your opponent's army/base with a full pop army backing it up.
Yea that sounds OP. I'd rather Sentinel Defence got a buff just so Anders has more firepower. Increasing their cost might be the only way to debuff Retreiver without making it worthless.
As a heads up we will be evaluating this thread next week and seeing what we can do to get some of these things in. Thank you for everyone who has participated and helped discuss this thread and the various balance changes you want. Please keep telling us what you love and/or dislike.
dont make anti-air so unbelievable strong that air is impossible to use. if AA get this buff they will destroy small amounts of air with ease eg engineers/nightengales or some supporting air and they will annihilate large amounts of air. Also forge gains ALOT from these balance changes, so much so hes head and shouders above all unsc. Hes already king as it is
GETHYNATOR wrote:
dont make anti-air so unbelievable strong that air is impossible to use. if AA get this buff they will destroy small amounts of air with ease eg engineers/nightengales or some supporting air and they will annihilate large amounts of air. Also forge gains ALOT from these balance changes, so much so hes head and shouders above all unsc. Hes already king as it is
I'm worried about Banished because of these changes. AA already destroys air too well but the Banisheed need Shrouds to counter seige and Kodiaks. Banished are getting rolled after Shields were debuffed, Turrets are Glass Cannon, Double structure modifier, and no hogs place the Banished in a bad loop. The only thing the Banished have better than UNSC is Hunters, which is too slow, and T3 Marauders, which I might not use much anymore as T3 vehicles are much better.
GETHYNATOR wrote:
I'm worried about Banished because of these changes. AA already destroys air too well but the Banisheed need Shrouds to counter seige and Kodiaks. Banished are getting rolled after Shields were debuffed, Turrets are Glass Cannon, Double structure modifier, and no hogs place the Banished in a bad loop. The only thing the Banished have better than UNSC is Hunters, which is too slow, and T3 Marauders, which I might not use much anymore as T3 vehicles are much better.
Yep! unsc will be in a much better place than the banished. how they can think AA need such a insane boost is scary! hopefully AA will stay the same :( theres afew things id change but the AA is most important really. Also BLITZ is broken badly but no1 really cares about that 😂
Forge's hogs and tanks are going to be scary UNSC will be vastly better off then the banished.
Added the following to prio 2:
  • Jump Pack Brutes with Atriox's Countermeasures power stun units before they land on them. This is only the case with this leader power picked. This shouldn't happen because when combined with Plasma Mines dropped onto the stunned units, there is no escape - the jump without Countermeasures provides enough counterplay, though.
GETHYNATOR wrote:
GETHYNATOR wrote:
Yep! unsc will be in a much better place than the banished. how they can think AA need such a insane boost is scary! hopefully AA will stay the same :( theres afew things id change but the AA is most important really. Also BLITZ is broken badly but no1 really cares about that 😂
I welcome the AA buff.... the spamming of air is annoyingly a cheap go to strategy to win. I would like to see something different for a change
Added the following to prio 2:
  • Jump Pack Brutes with Atriox's Countermeasures power stun units before they land on them. This is only the case with this leader power picked. This shouldn't happen because when combined with Plasma Mines dropped onto the stunned units, there is no escape - the jump without Countermeasures provides enough counterplay, though.
Hey Nakamura, you wanted a longer T1 right? I have a suggestion for how to do that instead of delaying T2's research time. That being with the return of the Hero meta we had a few seasons back, back when people would get heroes early and then run around with them. Because from what I remember, games would last quite a while at T1, as people would build heroes and then get map control with them, often having a small army behind them of scouts and infantry. It also forced T1 plays as if you didn't build a hero and T1 units you would be curbstomped by map control/powernodes and such.
Just my thoughts on the matter.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11