Balance Priorities v3.0

OP Nakamura RTS

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I'm in disagreement with 1, 3, 7, 9, and 10.

I'm not sure what the speed of Glassing Beam is, but I know that Glassing I should probably be slower than it is now. It shouldn't be able to chase a fast Hero. On T1, Glassing is a Hero killer.

I'm shaky on 3 because I feel that Ghosts do their job very well already, and that Choppers can be fixed with buff you suggested in 5. I would say this should specifically target JRs.

7 I don't like because both Serina and Anders' siege has gone untouched, and AA is overperforming. I see no need to revert this change.

As for 9 I would rather see if Infantry heroes actually present a balance problem before giving Suis such a buff. The way I see it, Suis are meant for crowds of units while massed Grunts with mines should be the Banished answer for heroes on T1.

10 I think is good until the heal rate reduction. Everyone knows Cyclops are terribad, and I see no reason why a 10% HP buff to them needs to be compensated with a nerf (no matter how small).

Moving on to the individual leaders:

Arby- I don't think further nerfing CoR is the way to go. Increase cooldowns on all of this abilities slightly, move the Enforcer drop to 4th point, and nerf the Arbiter's hero is some small way (maybe his speed while in rage mode). This keeps Arby's integral parts intact while fixing what's broken.

Colony changes I'm fine with.

Shipmaster- I don't think Spirit Support needs a nerf quite this heavy handed. It's a game changing drop for sure, but I don't think that means it has an inherently malefic effect on balance. I just think it should cost a lot more and have a longer CD rather than having the units it consists of nerfed. My sentimental attachment to Jimmy and Timmy might be hampering my ability to think straight, but either way, that's my opinion.

Voridus- Infusion wake duration increase would just take more time to cast, and leave you open to a nuke. Just increase it's speed.

Serina- I'm not so sure that buffing the Ice Cream Truck's speed is necessary. Banished have JPBs to stun it early on, but UNSC often gets kited by it. It's lack of speed is made up for by the fact that it slows down anything it shoots at.

Kinsano changes I'm fine with.

Johnson- Johnson is in a very good spot right now, and I don't think he needs any buffs. 3 I'm okay with, but with the Manti buff I'm not sure as I haven't seen how they interact with Hogs now after the ram nerf. Also, the bunkers mean that Johnson has better map control that virtually all the other UNSC, and I don't see why they need a cost reduction if they're already so effective.

I'm fine with the Jerome changes.

Pavium- His invaders need a speed and siphon nerf for sure. Also, I heard Metaloid propose a change to Burnout that sounded good. I think it was make it a 2 point power. Burnout II will cover the whole base, but be less effective than Burnout III was.

And I'm fine with the changes to Decimus.

Well, that's that.
Agree nearly with everything, but I think the cyclops could also get a small dmg buff (5%?) vs t3.
Cyclops vs T3 vehicles is all about the quality of splits - if you mitigate the splash damage well enough, they win the straight up fights (which is quite cost effective). HP buffs will help them, so baby steps imo.
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I made a balance topic, so let's do it again! Going to use this as a medium to collect high level consensus. Feel free to suggest additions to the list, as well as to suggest removals.

General:
  1. Glassing’s versions should all have the speed of lvl 2 and be slightly reduced in damage. Revert cost changes of last patch.
  2. Reduce damage of AA peashooters and Reaver jump vs Hunters and Cyclops by 75%.
  3. All scout damage vs rush units (lightarmored and lightrush) should be improved by 10%.
  4. Jackrabbit DPS should be increased by 10% flat.
  5. Chopper HP should be increased by 10% after upgrade.
  6. Scout upgrade costs should all be reduced by 50 power.
  7. Revert prior Kodiak cost/train time changes.
  8. Add slight (100/50) cost escalation to Siege Turrets.
  9. Suicide Grunts should do 10% more damage to Heroes (infantry ones).
  10. Increase Cyclops HP by 10%, but reduce received heal rates to compensate.
  11. Increase T3 Tank damage vs buildings by 25%.
  12. Make Cannister Shell animation identical to the normal shell one so as to avoid firing delay.
  13. Reduce Grunt Mine damage vs Scouts by 20%.
  14. All Heroes should gain veterancy at the rate of Spartans.
  15. Blisterback range should be increased by 20%.
  16. Combat Tech Marine rocket damage type should match the other weapons’ type.
  17. Banished AI and AV turret damage should be increased by 10%.
  18. 3 slot bases should build 15 seconds faster and get +10% HP to promote fast expand builds.
Arbiter:
  1. Reduce Conduit of Rage damage buffs by 50%.
  2. Increase Plasma bolt damage by 30%.
Colony:
  1. Goliaths should receive the lightrush armortype.
  2. Replace Plasma Mines with Teleport.
Shipmaster:
  1. Spirit Support’s units should all be lvl 1 veterancy, and power cost should be 350 (unit costs +50p tax)
  2. Displacement’s size should be reduced by 50%. Reduce cost to 250 power. Reduce cooldown by 35%. This will make the power far more tactical.
Voridus:
  1. Increase Voridus hero hammer damage by 10%.
  2. Reduce Grenadier cost to 175 supply and give them +1 speed. Make them Lightarmored.
  3. Increase Infused Engineer HP by 5%.
  4. Buff Infusion Wake duration by 15% to allow more goo to be spread.
  5. Increase Maelstrom telegraph time to 2.5s.
  6. Give Grenadiers bigger goo pools from their upgraded weapons. Cataclysm with these is instakill on armies.
Serina:
  1. Increase Hero speed by 0.5.
  2. Increase Cryotrooper damage by 5% flat, and 20% on Heavy Cryosprayer.
  3. Reduce Frostraven power cost from 100 to 50.
  4. Add a little damage to Seismic Blast so that it does more than just shatter.
  5. Glacial Storm chill should be 20% stronger and the power should last a few seconds longer.
Kinsano:
  1. Flamehog drop should cost 950 supply, and cool down should be increased by 10s.
  2. Firestorm Battlegroup supply cost should be 1800.
  3. Inferno and Napalm Missiles damage vs buildings should be reduced by 5%.
Anders:
  1. Protector Sentinels should be 4 pop, but 10% stronger in DPS and HP.
  2. Slightly reduce Douglas Rocket AoE.
Johnson:
  1. Increase Mantis Shield strength by 20%.
  2. Reduce Bunker Drop cost to 275.
  3. Reduce Colossus damage vs AV units by 10%.
Jerome:
  1. Buff Enduring Salvo damage by 10%.
  2. Let Hero Mantis missiles fire at the same target as the lasers. Make move speed match Marines so they don’t get slowed.
Pavium:
  1. Increase the CD of Burnout by 15s.
Decimus:
  1. Apply a hidden upgrade to Boundless Siphon, which enables siphoning attacks on all Decimus units, using the mechanics of e.g. the Hunter Captain's Siphon. This will fix siphoning out of combat. Reinstate Siphon on the Warlord, but make it quite weak. Remember to stack with lvl 3 weapon upgrade siphon!
So, I heard from another user about Pavium being OP, but it seems you don’t believe that based on your suggestions. Have you heard anything about that?Also, I agree with the sentinel changes. 10% is a good increase to compensate for the population cost. Finally, can you explain the cannister shell suggestion? What was the problem before?
I'm not super confident in my Pavium suggestion at all. He's extremely strong if you play for a build with counter units in Wraith Invaders after burnout 3. Perhaps it would be good to shorten the effect of Burnout, or slightly weaken the Invaders.
Cannister: try firing one and to immediately move your Scorpion. The anim is super long and locks you down for the whole duration and even after firing. Compare with Wraith Scorch which is near-instant.
Malcatrazz wrote:
General:
  1. Add slight (100/50) cost escalation to Siege Turrets.
Just curious, wouldn't it be better to have an increasing cost? Like shield turrets?
I just think that one siege turret shouldn't be a problem.
EDIT: I'm not sure if this is actually what you mean ;-)
That is what cost escalation means.

3/4/5/6 - I’m a bit concerned your proposed changes to scouts would make them too effective at defeating a rush and then hitting the enemy base and destroying it too easily thanks to the damage buff?

14 - whilst I like the idea of strong hero’s, I think any vehicle based hero should not be able to acquire veterancy at the same rate - too easier early game when there is no decent AV. Additionally, I think the health, dps, other damage dealing abilities and shields should be considered first - bit unfair if a hero that’s easy to use gains xp at the same rate as a difficult one - if that makes sense?

15 - Also I feel blisterbacks mobility should offset their shorter range - much easier to position than Kodiaks (except of course forge) and you get greater splash damage and rof?

Otherwise - good list!
Only Jackrabbits would get a flat damage buff - they are the worst scout by far. Damage vs buildings would resemble that of Ghosts now - you don't see Ghosts running around, wrecking bases, so it should be fine.

Yeah, I did mean to say Infantry Heroes, good catch! Correcting.

Atm there's very little reason to make Blisterbacks - stuff shooting back so easily certainly doesn't help. My proposal would still make them the shorter range unit (175 vs 200 range).
I agree with you there, in higher LVL tanks aren't the problem, cause most player go straight up infantery which is better at the moment, but player like me who aren't as good with splitting and micro at the console should b3 considered too. And even clumped up the hardcounter should win the engagement.
Maybe 343 could make the tank do less dmg vs Cyclops with their y and maybe like 10 % less with their main attack ?
This way you could give tanks another general buff cause in my opinion they are a bit underwhelming against all other sort of things.
All right my thoughts on the matter, if I don't bring it up that means that I find the change suitable and should go through as of now (17h into the post)

Scouts - I don't think we need to go as strong into buffing scouts as you are suggesting, only 5% up in damage versus rush units. Right now they are starting to be added to compositions as as meat and they are dong alright. Their use is niche as it should be.
Now on to jackrabbits, they could use a damage buff, but right now they are actually alright with dps problem is the amount of shots they miss. Next patch should be slightly addressing this so we should keep an eye on their damage to see if they are preforming like they should.

Voridus - I have used him a lot, his hero doesn't really need to be buffed.
Brute Grenadiers don't need to be faster (Trying to kite them wasn't efficient at raid 1) or cost decreased to 175 (They already get a big cost reduction at infusion tech 1.) Instead they have to be worth the cost in the early game and their ability needs to be worth sucking up goo. They should be a little weak at base not unuseable like now but powerful when buffed with goo.
Infusion wake doesn't do any damage since goo nerfs since it does almost nothing at base. I'm not sure having control taken away and 1-2 more goo pools from a 15% buff would help as much as getting damage.
Maelstrom is a good idea, I don't think bigger goo pools from their upgraded weapons would be necessary if they are a good unit.

Serina - If you want frost ravens cheaper on power then they need a supply increase, mass frost raven is absolutely cancerous and should be limited. Slightly faster freeze rate at tier 1 would make them more useful honestly at their only decent attribute (targeting hero's).
If cryotroopers are being buffed and frostravens too, I don't think seismic blast needs a buff to unfrozen units. Instead cryo bomb recharge time should be increased a little bit and then seismic blast recharge should be decreased to half that of cryo bomb. This would make it less reliant on being forced to wait for cryo bomb to use it. Right now it doesn't do damage and without cryo bomb it will often not be worth the power it takes to use it . if you do use seismic blast then you can not do the freeze then seismic combo instead which is way better.
Also a price decrease to 150/150 instead of 200/200 at tier 1 would help it trade more efficiently when it comes to the purchasing time (when you would only really get a chance to use it on 4-5 units. It doesn't usually kill either just red bars)

Anders/Kinsano - Good changes completely agree.

Johnson - I don't agree with buffing shields, if anything it should be health. It's really hard to kill well controlled mantis due to their shields and insane micro potential. At least if once you get to health then a player can take advantage of that and their is more counter play then shields fully healing.
Bunker cost to 275? I think 400 is pretty expensive but it should be reduce to only 300 for now in my opinion.
Colossus is insanely strong, being weaker to AV would be appreciated.

Jerome/Pavium - Agreed.

Decimus - I'm actually against giving warlord boundless siphon, I fear it would make the leader damn near impossible to kill. Hero's are already really strong in the game, they should have to be kept alive through good control.
Currently planning out the mid-season balance patch which we have a much smaller list of things to tidy up initially. Some of this is already in it to some degree, but the more robust changes won't come until the Season 11 update.

Great list man! I don't agree with all of the suggested changes, but overall the ideas I like. I look forward to the open debate on mid-season patch once we have it up.

For those who will ask when, I simply say "Soon™"
EiTeNeR wrote:
  1. Change damage modifiers from (125,100,75) to (110,90,70)
  2. .They need their own weapon type for this to be possible
  3. Projectile and accuracy issues need to be addressedd. Giving additional DPS will not help make them any more consistent. They will just become super effective at times while still being mediocre other times.
  4. DPS 99 to 105 (look into projectile)
  5. Agree
  6. Agree
  7. Agree but I would add a small 25-30 power cost
  8. This seems too big to me, would only scale them by (50,25). The biggest issue is Anders and Serina.
  9. Do not agree. The damage seems more than sufficient. Why do you think this is needed?
  10. Personally I would split this between Base HP and the T3 upgrade. They recently received a HP buff of 5%, so an additional 5% would put them around 5350 HP. Additional 5% on top of that would put them around 5615 HP. As a comparison Hunters currently have 7350 HP.
Will address other suggestions at a later date
Note the numbers are shifted because I'm deleting some changes.

1)I believe that's what the devs are doing.
2)Takes 1 min to set up and change 1 multiplier, hardly an excuse!
3)I've swapped the suggestion to mild AoE, which means the devs will need to rework the multipliers. It's the hardest, but best way to go about it. Agree about projectiles, added.
7)Added power cost to Kodiaks in the OP.
8)Still less scaling than Shield Gens, would like some xtra opinions.
9)Suis do not counter heroes at any stage. Spartans are a counter due to the jump instakilling suis, Chosen/Pav one shot them from afar, Honor Guard too fast and goes invis and has extract, Jerome pops into Mantis, Johnson pops into Bunker etc etc. Suis are not a counter to inf heroes, and lose all value in T2 for that purpose when the heroes get their second upgrade - it's too bad the sui upgrade is a T3 one. They're nice to mop op inf balls, but def not vs heroes.
10)Cyclops doesn't have issues at T3. The change needs to be targeted vs fast tech vehicle builds that are supported with offensive LPs. Reduced to 5% in the suggestion because we don't want Cyclops to be too dominant, either.

I'm not sure what the speed of Glassing Beam is, but I know that Glassing I should probably be slower than it is now. It shouldn't be able to chase a fast Hero. On T1, Glassing is a Hero killer.

I'm shaky on 3 because I feel that Ghosts do their job very well already, and that Choppers can be fixed with buff you suggested in 5. I would say this should specifically target JRs.

7 I don't like because both Serina and Anders' siege has gone untouched, and AA is overperforming. I see no need to revert this change.

As for 9 I would rather see if Infantry heroes actually present a balance problem before giving Suis such a buff. The way I see it, Suis are meant for crowds of units while massed Grunts with mines should be the Banished answer for heroes on T1.

10 I think is good until the heal rate reduction. Everyone knows Cyclops are terribad, and I see no reason why a 10% HP buff to them needs to be compensated with a nerf (no matter how small).

Arby- I don't think further nerfing CoR is the way to go. Increase cooldowns on all of this abilities slightly, move the Enforcer drop to 4th point, and nerf the Arbiter's hero is some small way (maybe his speed while in rage mode). This keeps Arby's integral parts intact while fixing what's broken.

Shipmaster- I don't think Spirit Support needs a nerf quite this heavy handed. It's a game changing drop for sure, but I don't think that means it has an inherently malefic effect on balance. I just think it should cost a lot more and have a longer CD rather than having the units it consists of nerfed. My sentimental attachment to Jimmy and Timmy might be hampering my ability to think straight, but either way, that's my opinion.

Voridus- Infusion wake duration increase would just take more time to cast, and leave you open to a nuke. Just increase it's speed.

Serina- I'm not so sure that buffing the Ice Cream Truck's speed is necessary. Banished have JPBs to stun it early on, but UNSC often gets kited by it. It's lack of speed is made up for by the fact that it slows down anything it shoots at.

Johnson- Johnson is in a very good spot right now, and I don't think he needs any buffs. 3 I'm okay with, but with the Manti buff I'm not sure as I haven't seen how they interact with Hogs now after the ram nerf. Also, the bunkers mean that Johnson has better map control that virtually all the other UNSC, and I don't see why they need a cost reduction if they're already so effective.

Pavium- His invaders need a speed and siphon nerf for sure. Also, I heard Metaloid propose a change to Burnout that sounded good. I think it was make it a 2 point power. Burnout II will cover the whole base, but be less effective than Burnout III was.

Well, that's that.
Glassing: -1 to all the speeds. I think they're all a bit too good.
Scouts vs rush: I changed it to be JR focused, with a mild Chopper buff in there.
Kodiaks: air has been massively buffed against them and can now be used to pick them off even if there is AA. AV is better also - too many changes before.
Suis: see my response to Eitener
Cyclops: I'm only suggesting to reduce heal rate so as to not double-buff the unit. HP/s healed should stay as is.

Arby: What else is there to really nerf about Arby? He wins every fight with CoR, clearly it's still broken. The DMG buffs are 30%/45%60%, that's just crazy on a whole army. I think taking away Enforcer drop at 3rd point is not necessary if we fix CoR.

Spirit Support: The first instance of the drop means Ship is now immune to attacks in most cases. Such a strong powerspike should not exist in the game. This drop is when he really starts to dominate.

Infusion Wake: Good shout, I'll change to speed buff.

Serina: Removing the Hero speed.

Johnson: Mantis was losing to hogs without rams pretty hard due to being outproduced. The shield buff was only a 2% increase to total shield+hp pool. They do need a bit more to really compete. Bunker, I'd like a few more opinions for, I believe the consensus was that they're expensive.

Burnout: Happy to talk about how to better change it.
Invaders: Not yet convinced they are OP, more opinions please.
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I made a balance topic, so let's do it again! Going to use this as a medium to collect high level consensus. Feel free to suggest additions to the list, as well as to suggest removals.

General:
  1. Glassing’s versions should all have the speed of lvl 2 and be slightly reduced in damage. Revert cost changes of last patch.
  2. Reduce damage of AA peashooters and Reaver jump vs Hunters and Cyclops by 75%.
  3. All scout damage vs rush units (lightarmored and lightrush) should be improved by 10%.
  4. Jackrabbits should have mild splash damage similar to Choppers. Rebalance the damage multipliers for this. They need to beat Elite Grunts, but lose to Ghosts, and trade with Choppers.
  5. Chopper HP should be increased by 5% after upgrade.
  6. Scout upgrade costs should all be reduced by 50 power.
  7. Revert prior Kodiak cost/train time changes.
  8. Add slight (100/50) cost escalation to Siege Turrets.
  9. Suicide Grunts should do 10% more damage to Heroes (infantry ones).
  10. Increase Cyclops HP by 10%, but reduce received heal rates to compensate.
  11. Increase T3 Tank damage vs buildings by 25%.
  12. Make Cannister Shell animation identical to the normal shell one so as to avoid firing delay.
  13. Reduce Grunt Mine damage vs Scouts by 20%.
  14. All Infantry Heroes should gain veterancy at the rate of Spartans.
  15. Blisterback range should be increased by 20%.
  16. Combat Tech Marine rocket damage type should get a new weapon type that is matching the normal weapons, except for building damage, which should remain.
  17. Banished AI and AV turret damage should be increased by 10%.
  18. 3 slot bases should build 15 seconds faster and get +10% HP to promote fast expand builds.
Arbiter:
  1. Reduce Conduit of Rage damage buffs by 50%.
  2. Increase Plasma bolt damage by 30%.
Colony:
  1. Goliaths should receive the lightrush armortype.
  2. Replace Plasma Mines with Teleport.
Shipmaster:
  1. Spirit Support’s units should all be lvl 1 veterancy, and power cost should be 350 (unit costs +50p tax)
  2. Displacement’s size should be reduced by 50%. Reduce cost to 250 power. Reduce cooldown by 35%. This will make the power far more tactical.
Voridus:
  1. Increase Voridus hero hammer damage by 10%.
  2. Reduce Grenadier cost to 175 supply and give them +1 speed. Make them Lightarmored.
  3. Increase Infused Engineer HP by 5%.
  4. Buff Infusion Wake duration by 15% to allow more goo to be spread.
  5. Increase Maelstrom telegraph time to 2.5s.
  6. Give Grenadiers bigger goo pools from their upgraded weapons. Cataclysm with these is instakill on armies.
Serina:
  1. Increase Hero speed by 0.5.
  2. Increase Cryotrooper damage by 5% flat, and 20% on Heavy Cryosprayer.
  3. Reduce Frostraven power cost from 100 to 50.
  4. Add a little damage to Seismic Blast so that it does more than just shatter.
  5. Glacial Storm chill should be 20% stronger and the power should last a few seconds longer.
Kinsano:
  1. Flamehog drop should cost 950 supply, and cool down should be increased by 10s.
  2. Firestorm Battlegroup supply cost should be 1800.
  3. Inferno and Napalm Missiles damage vs buildings should be reduced by 5%.
Anders:
  1. Protector Sentinels should be 4 pop, but 10% stronger in DPS and HP.
  2. Slightly reduce Douglas Rocket AoE.
Johnson:
  1. Increase Mantis Shield strength by 20%.
  2. Reduce Bunker Drop cost to 275.
  3. Reduce Colossus damage vs AV units by 10%.
Jerome:
  1. Buff Enduring Salvo damage by 10%.
  2. Let Hero Mantis missiles fire at the same target as the lasers. Make move speed match Marines so they don’t get slowed.
Pavium:
  1. Increase the CD of Burnout by 15s.
Decimus:
  1. Apply a hidden upgrade to Boundless Siphon, which enables siphoning attacks on all Decimus units, using the mechanics of e.g. the Hunter Captain's Siphon. This will fix siphoning out of combat. Reinstate Siphon on the Warlord, but make it quite weak. Remember to stack with lvl 3 weapon upgrade siphon!
I agree with most things except arby, nerf his conduit damage by 50%, you may as well put him in Johnson tier.
All right my thoughts on the matter, if I don't bring it up that means that I find the change suitable and should go through as of now (17h into the post)

Scouts - I don't think we need to go as strong into buffing scouts as you are suggesting, only 5% up in damage versus rush units. Right now they are starting to be added to compositions as as meat and they are dong alright. Their use is niche as it should be.
Now on to jackrabbits, they could use a damage buff, but right now they are actually alright with dps problem is the amount of shots they miss. Next patch should be slightly addressing this so we should keep an eye on their damage to see if they are preforming like they should.

Brute Grenadiers don't need to be faster (Trying to kite them wasn't efficient at raid 1) or cost decreased to 175 (They already get a big cost reduction at infusion tech 1.) Instead they have to be worth the cost in the early game and their ability needs to be worth sucking up goo. They should be a little weak at base not unuseable like now but powerful when buffed with goo.
Infusion wake doesn't do any damage since goo nerfs since it does almost nothing at base. I'm not sure having control taken away and 1-2 more goo pools from a 15% buff would help as much as getting damage.
Maelstrom is a good idea, I don't think bigger goo pools from their upgraded weapons would be necessary if they are a good unit.

Serina - If you want frost ravens cheaper on power then they need a supply increase, mass frost raven is absolutely cancerous and should be limited. Slightly faster freeze rate at tier 1 would make them more useful honestly at their only decent attribute (targeting hero's).
If cryotroopers are being buffed and frostravens too, I don't think seismic blast needs a buff to unfrozen units. Instead cryo bomb recharge time should be increased a little bit and then seismic blast recharge should be decreased to half that of cryo bomb. This would make it less reliant on being forced to wait for cryo bomb to use it. Right now it doesn't do damage and without cryo bomb it will often not be worth the power it takes to use it . if you do use seismic blast then you can not do the freeze then seismic combo instead which is way better.
Also a price decrease to 150/150 instead of 200/200 at tier 1 would help it trade more efficiently when it comes to the purchasing time (when you would only really get a chance to use it on 4-5 units. It doesn't usually kill either just red bars)

Johnson - I don't agree with buffing shields, if anything it should be health. It's really hard to kill well controlled mantis due to their shields and insane micro potential. At least if once you get to health then a player can take advantage of that and their is more counter play then shields fully healing.
Bunker cost to 275? I think 400 is pretty expensive but it should be reduce to only 300 for now in my opinion.

Jerome/Pavium - Agreed.

Decimus - I'm actually against giving warlord boundless siphon, I fear it would make the leader damn near impossible to kill. Hero's are already really strong in the game, they should have to be kept alive through good control.
Scouts - redid the whole thing, please check!

Brute Grenadiers: Sniper Kiting destroys them hence the speed thing. Removing the cost change. I'll add a +10% raw dmg suggestion and a 25% increase to the goo buff. The goo pool size increase is necessary so that they don't overlap for your cataclysm wombo combo.

Serina: I'll change the Frostraven power reduction to 75 instead of 100 and add the rest of your suggestions.

Mantis Shield: check my reply to Cars.

Bunker: since two of you worry already, I'll reduce to 300.

Decimus: I'm not saying to give him the current Boundless Siphon, but rather a very very tiny one, which would work like his final upgrade.

I agree with most things except arby, nerf his conduit damage by 50%, you may as well put him in Johnson tier.
Johnson is quite balanced, so that'd be a great start. Would rather have to think about Arby buffs than to have him banned every serious tournament and showmatch.

Jerome/Pavium - Agreed.

Scouts - redid the whole thing, please check!

Brute Grenadiers: Sniper Kiting destroys them hence the speed thing. Removing the cost change. I'll add a +10% raw dmg suggestion and a 25% increase to the goo buff. The goo pool size increase is necessary so that they don't overlap for your cataclysm wombo combo.

Serina: I'll change the Frostraven power reduction to 75 instead of 100 and add the rest of your suggestions.

Mantis Shield: check my reply to Cars.

Bunker: since two of you worry already, I'll reduce to 300.

Decimus: I'm not saying to give him the current Boundless Siphon, but rather a very very tiny one, which would work like his final upgrade.

Johnson is quite balanced, so that'd be a great start. Would rather have to think about Arby buffs than to have him banned every serious tournament and showmatch.
i'd still say johnson need's a fair amount more buffs to be balanced, and yeah he's banned, but 50% will make him pointless.
So I was curious about why people were still taking about having issues against air, and after some scenario testing, I think I found an issue that could be unintentionally limiting the effectiveness of AA:
  • AA units cannot target air units on the other side of a base. This applies to both back/front and side/side.
Only when moving the defending AA as close to the buildings as possible, and moving both enemy healing and core air units as close to the buildings as possible, the AA would only auto-target the air units sporadically. In any realistic attack, the air units would not be pressed directly against the buildings, and the AA opposite the base cannot attack at all. Even though the AA can technically attack in this scenario, trying to issue an attack order against the air unit causes the AA to maneuver around the base to try and close the distance between the enemy. This gives the opponent time to kite around the base, leaving any AAV useless. Yes, with enough AA you can split to pincer the air formation, but they can either withdraw, or choose to focus down the flank that poses the greatest threat to a retreat and destroy half the army with fewer losses, and worst-case, proceed to focus down the other half afterwards.

• AA units have difficulty defending in a front/side attack as well.
Even if you position the AA on the front-most part of a side, if the air units attack the main building from an angle, the AA might not target. I believe Reavers have more range than Wolverines, so they can if the Air is too close, but Wolverines won't attack at all if the opponent is careful.

In conclusion, the range of AAVs are inadequate to engage an air blob attacking a base at a standoff distance from any other side of the base. This forces the AAVs into costly head-on attacks, where any ground/AV and leader powers can easily target and destroy them. The attack (not visual) range of both Wolverines and Reavers should be increased to the point where, while the T2 Core Air is attacking the center of a base from its maximum range, the AAVs can manually target the air units from the opposite side of the base. This will require an attacker to micro ground/AV units to neutralize AA before they can destroy the attacking air fleet. This will also help decrease the frequency at which leaders like Jerome can use Recon Training Vultures/Condors or elevation advantages to destroy AA from outside their attack ranges.
Grunt Goblin heal Y ability needs a nerf
You can't say "Nerf this X" and not give any opinions as of why are how to...
I think it's fine. Although a good nerf would to be only effect YapYap and not Allies.
I use it as a support and can just bring 10 Grizzlies back to full from an Erad.
You can't say "Nerf this X" and not give any opinions as of why are how to...
I think it's fine. Although a good nerf would to be only effect YapYap and not Allies.
I use it as a support and can just bring 10 Grizzlies back to full from an Erad.
Heal amount needs a major decrease
Grizzly
Make them more affordable as compared to Scorpions and Colossus (Both have received buffs).
  • Supply reduction from 900 to 825
  • Pop reduction from 10 to 9
  • Power increase from 140 to 175
Makes Grizzly less expensive in general and a little bit easier to field a more diverse army as Forge.

Blisterback
If we really want for Covy T3 Air to have a purpose then I believe we should give them an additional HP boost. Currently they have 9000 HP compared to Vultures who have 13000 and Hornets who have ~7020 HP. Also both Vultures and Blisterbacks share the same armor type as Hornets, Gales, Banshees. As a comparison in Lockdown mode, Kodiaks have 8550 HP and share the same Armor type.
  • Increase Base HP from 9000 to 11000
I will still comment on the other items soonish
Been playing a bit of cutter recently, he really struggles early/ mid against a Serina because of the lack of AV and the AOE denial her hero causes. My suggestion would be a slight increase in ODST timed charges damage - at the moment they do so little damage, but it seems a fair punishment for having an immobile unit?

Well, that's that.
Banshee Speed as a Reference: 20.5

Glassing Beam T1: 18 T2: 19 T3: 20

Previous speed of the Beam was in all Tiers: 17.

Kind regs
There is some really good stuff in here. Teleport for colony. Reavers vs. hunters/cyclops. I agree with most of this especially the 20% range to blisterbacks they can't be compared to kodiaks because they have too compete with vultures since they only come avalible at t3. Vultures are almost a win button against banished in mass with their ability to take out bases before your opponent can react. Making blisterbacks a real threat to unsc late game might help to fix that imbalance but as is they need to land to close to be effective.
Got another suggestion - not sure if this is intentional or not, but when you Ghost in the Machine as Izzy, the units you take over appear to revert to basic type? I dont know to what degree, ive just noticed that banshees dont have fuel rods, and the Gauss Hogs reverted to their chain gun. Makes the power less useful, as the units you grab do barely any damage (as its a 12oclock leader power and by this point, everything is upgraded to some degree).
I'm not a fan of Colony getting Teleport. I feel like Living Barrier should be a double-edged sword: you can prevent opponents from closing in on you, but your ground forces (minus Reavers) are stuck behind it as well. A Colony vs Colony battle would render Barrier useless once they get Teleport. Plus the Hunter Captain is supposed to be unmaneuverable due to his higher health, damage, and lifesteal. Giving him an instant mobility option negates that drawback. In fact it could even be broken, as someone could activate his Taunt to stop an army in its tracks, then Teleport away, leaving them focusing on nothing.
Serina:
  1. Increase Cryotrooper damage by 5% flat, and 20% on Heavy Cryosprayer.
  2. Reduce Frostraven power cost from 100 to 75.
  3. Increase Cryo Bomb cooldown by 20%, but reduce Seismic Blast cooldown to half of Cryo Bomb's. Reduce Seismic Blast cost to 150/150.
  4. Glacial Storm chill should be 20% stronger and the power should last a few seconds longer.
Spot on with these suggestions, especially involving seismic blast's CD. Serina's kit is too heavily centralized around chill freeze shatter mechanics, yet she has very little means by which to shatter frozen units. More frequent seismic blasts would really help curb this. I would also like to suggest another CD decrease on the frostraven y ability, as it's still insanely long.
If we nerf the seninels, then lets at least give them the ability to gain veterancy like the retriever.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4