[Locked] Balance Update - Sept. 27

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Hot on the heels of the Awakening the Nightmare the team is readying another small balance update for Halo Wars 2 that should be released sometime today (9/27). This is a server-side change so no patch download is required. If you're in a game you may be required to restart the title.

As always, please keep the feedback coming!

Here's a list of what's changing in this Sept. 27 balance update:

Balance Changes
  • Cataclysm duration reduced 17s -> 15s
Burnout costs reduced
    • Level 1 100/50 -> 75/25
    • Level 2 200/100 -> 150/50
    • Level 3 300/200 -> 200/100
Elite Enforcers
    • Stasis Grenade damage type altered so it no longer deals substantial bonus damage against Scout vehicles
    • Speed reduced -10%
Pavium (Hero)
    • Slow effect removed from the Designator Mortar impact
    • Base Mortar DPS reduced -17%
    • Paint Target beam (Y ability) slow effect reduced -10%/-30%
  • Chill values adjusted for Pavium (Hero), Voridus (Hero), Brute Grenadiers, and Wraith Invader to bring them in line with other equivalent units.
Bug Fixes:
Fatality cooldown per-player increased 40s -> 150s
    • This means any unit on a player’s team can only trigger a fatality every 2-and-a-half minutes, instead of every 40s.
    • Applies to multiplayer only.
Unit auto-capture range 30m -> 10m
    • Reduces the likelihood of situations where units would too aggressively go to capture a point protected by Sentinels.
    • Improves behavior when a large group of infantry is bunched around a capture point.
    • Does not affect crate gathering.
    • Applies to multiplayer only.
  • Fixed visual glitch in Banished Turret building animation
  • Fixed Johnson’s Digging In Deep power not setting the Armory’s power cost to 0
Reduce cost for burnout? Porque??

Anwyays, thanks for the update ske7ch!

This post has been hidden.

Reduce cost for burnout? Porque??

Anwyays, thanks for the update ske7ch!
Yeah that ability is incredibly strong. Can't imagine why it is getting a cost reduction. He has the fastest tech 2 in the game already.
Lol guess I will never know what was OP already.. wish I could have played by now already. Damn work 😩

Did Johnson’s bunkers get fixed?
A Burnout... buff??? Granted, it's such a minor cost reduction so it'll hardly be noticed. Just surprised that it got a buff, however slight.
Why an Enforcer nerf? They already aren't as effective as jump brutes...
Siege turrets untouched?
Siege turrets untouched?
If they nerf siege turrets, how will I be able to hold off ground armies for hours at a time with little to no skill or micro management?
Enforcer nerf was unnecessary, burnout buff seems pointless as the cost difference is so little. Lack of a siege turret fix or a grenadier nerf is pretty disappointing.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Nerfing enforcers? Come on.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
Spoiler:
Show
Enforcers were very effective against scouts which was unintended.
Scouts fine, but speed really?

I mean it's not like they are all that great in straight up engagements and are super fragile.
Glad to see Pavium's Hero wasn't nerfed into oblivion :) I really like him, I hope he stays as he is from now onwards.

One criticism, Mirage is NOT a 3v3 map... icri :'
Scouts fine, but speed really?

I mean it's not like they are all that great in straight up engagements and are super fragile.
enforcers have a shield and a stasis Y ability. Running away is always an option. And your not suppose to take straight up engagements. Like I'm sorry what are you trying to fight with enforcers? Grunts? Marines? you have suicide grunts for that.
They didn't even take a damage nerf anyways just a speed nerf so you cant just run away and not use stasis.
I'm sure they are waiting a week to get some actual data before they make any real changes.
Are you guys ever going to fix that annoying invisible bunker drop for Johnson?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6