Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

banished anti infantry is a joke

OP Big Daddy xNL

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Wtf is this? Why is the banished anti infantry tech 2 and why are they so weak compaired to snipers and flamethrowers? And why does the flamethrowers/snipers HAVE upgrades and the banshed anti infantry has nothing? This game is really unbalanced..
The game is well balanced at this time. Try suicide grunts if you don't like the Elite Rangers
The game is well balanced at this time. Try suicide grunts if you don't like the Elite Rangers
Suicide grunts are temporary, though. Rangers really need a tech 3 beam rifle upgrade to make them viable late game.
I feel like rangers deserve at least some kind of upgrade. Energy shield/beam rifle would be nice...
I prefer Rangers over Hellbringers/Snipers myself, and I agree. I'm thinking tech 1 upgrade should be shield and tech 3 should be Beam/Focus Rifle
It's a huge joke they need jackals with beam rifles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdE1zoBAk0o

We have tons of counters to early game infantry man.

Everything the Banished have is a -Yoink- version of the UNSC, except Banshee's and Locusts. I mained UNSC in both betas, and swapped to Banished, because the UNSC gameplay takes zero skill.

Everything the Banished have is a -Yoink- version of the UNSC, except Banshee's and Locusts. I mained UNSC in both betas, and swapped to Banished, because the UNSC gameplay takes zero skill.
Stop it with the "no skill" thing. I've been hearing it since 2009. UNSC takes just as much skill as the Banished. Or have you never heard of Nakamura RTS?

Stop it with the "no skill" thing. I've been hearing it since 2009. UNSC takes just as much skill as the Banished. Or have you never heard of Nakamura RTS?
Nakamura 0114 just spams jackrabbits early game aka no skill involved. That is why i stopped watching his streams lately.
Try use enginers(tech1) with scouting and grunts,Brutes is Very good to hold the game and grow up.

Nakamura 0114 just spams jackrabbits early game aka no skill involved. That is why i stopped watching his streams lately.
There is no possible way you... Never mind. There are some things that are just undebatable for me.
Wtf is this? Why is the banished anti infantry tech 2 and why are they so weak compaired to snipers and flamethrowers? And why does the flamethrowers/snipers HAVE upgrades and the banshed anti infantry has nothing? This game is really unbalanced..
This is a very compelling argument for sure. I thought they would have addressed this somehow with the patch. I guess it fell under their radar. All the more reason (even with early game counters) to marine rush banished. Even though there are methods for countering there are less so you can force your opponent into one of them and counter that and win more easily.

UNSC pre-update were notorious for spamming. Anders spammed the only OP unit in the game, Forge spammed jackrabbits and rushed bases at 3 minutes and all 4 leaders Marine rushed.

Meanwhile, the closest thing us Banished players have to a rush are JumpBrutes. Grunts suck, we don't have an OP unit to rely solely upon, we have to actually strategize when rushing instead of upgrading Marines ONE level before wiping out a base, we don't have a unit like Vultures that can wipe out a base in 8 seconds and even your Super unit is better. UNSC even has unique units for Christ's sake...

Edit: UNSC was like this even in Halo Wars 1. Warthogs couldn't be countered by The Covenant early game unless you were an Arbiter and were unbeatable in large numbers once they got Gauss. Tanks were a rolling mass of OP'ness. Hunters sucked pre-beam upgrade. And even then, they still were able to upgrade to unique units. There's just lists worth of one sided OPs in both games.
Dray5k wrote:

UNSC pre-update were notorious for spamming. Anders spammed the only OP unit in the game, Forge spammed jackrabbits and rushed bases at 3 minutes and all 4 leaders Marine rushed.

Meanwhile, the closest thing us Banished players have to a rush are JumpBrutes. Grunts suck, we don't have an OP unit to rely solely upon, we have to actually strategize when rushing instead of upgrading Marines ONE level before wiping out a base, we don't have a unit like Vultures that can wipe out a base in 8 seconds and even your Super unit is better. UNSC even has unique units for Christ's sake...
LOL. No just no. If you think Atriox chosen is worse than unsc you havent played the game right. If you think grunts suck, you havent played the game right. If you think shrouds arent the most OP unit in game, you havent played the game right. If you think blisterbacks arent good, you havent played the game right. Banished is hands down balanced with UNSC.
Dray5k wrote:

Grunts don't suck. Watch Metaloidmonkey's streams. And I don't know why you say "your" as if I'm a UNSC player. I main Atriox.
Dray5k wrote:

LOL. No just no. If you think Atriox chosen is worse than unsc you havent played the game right. If you think grunts suck, you havent played the game right. If you think shrouds arent the most OP unit in game, you havent played the game right. If you think blisterbacks arent good, you havent played the game right. Banished is hands down balanced with UNSC.
How do Grunts not suck? Their Y ability doesn't even work half the time and they're just awful early game. They're head and shoulders below Marines before and after Pack Brother. Marines can heal which is a crock of -Yoink-. Idk how UNSC ever lose. They literally have 3 methods of healing to choose from. Banished for the most part has 1. Shrouds are OP?😂
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:

How do Grunts not suck? Their Y ability doesn't even work half the time and they're just awful early game. They're head and shoulders below Marines before and after Pack Brother. Marines can heal which is a crock of -Yoink-. Idk how UNSC ever lose. They literally have 3 methods of healing to choose from. Banished for the most part has 1. Shrouds are OP?😂
You obviously havent played this game much :D. Grunts are not going to 1v1 a marine. Thats why the cost less make 1/3 faster. The mines are supposed to work differently than grenades. They arent meant to spam all at once they are strategically placed. Engineers are lightyears better than nightengales for healing. The shield is a 40% damage reduction. People seem to think shrouds are solely used for cloaking. Want to stop snipers? Get a shroud. Want to stop warthogs, get a shroud. Want to stop tanks, kodiaks, grenades etc... get a shroud. Oh not to mention atriox chosen which can solo an entire army of marines. Forgot to mention all 3 of the banished leaders have good leader powers. Atriox has the best hands down best economy in game. I can keep going...

Banished have a huge advantage over UNSC. Their main infantry unit is cheaper, made faster, and stronger than the UNSC's squad. They get a base shield and cloak. They get apex and raid camp at tech one while UNSC has to wait to tech two to get an airpad. They also have a unit specifically designed for demolition, I don't think the UNSC has that specific of a unit
After the last patch, rangers are really strong. They have very beefed up armor and health and can take on targets from great range.

They aren't meant to be as specialized as the snipers, they're more made to be mixed in with other units as medium- to long range skirmishers. They fill that niche very well. Ranger squads take a dump over hellbringers and marines at this point, and should they get in range of snipers them as well.

Another buff to them would just imbalance the game, in my opinion. Before the last patch they were god awful, but at this point they're very, very strong.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2