OP Big Daddy xNL

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdE1zoBAk0o

We have tons of counters to early game infantry man.
Everything the Banished have is a -Yoink- version of the UNSC, except Banshee's and Locusts. I mained UNSC in both betas, and swapped to Banished, because the UNSC gameplay takes zero skill.
Stop it with the "no skill" thing. I've been hearing it since 2009. UNSC takes just as much skill as the Banished. Or have you never heard of Nakamura RTS?
UNSC pre-update were notorious for spamming. Anders spammed the only OP unit in the game, Forge spammed jackrabbits and rushed bases at 3 minutes and all 4 leaders Marine rushed.

Meanwhile, the closest thing us Banished players have to a rush are JumpBrutes. Grunts suck, we don't have an OP unit to rely solely upon, we have to actually strategize when rushing instead of upgrading Marines ONE level before wiping out a base, we don't have a unit like Vultures that can wipe out a base in 8 seconds and even your Super unit is better. UNSC even has unique units for Christ's sake...
LOL. No just no. If you think Atriox chosen is worse than unsc you havent played the game right. If you think grunts suck, you havent played the game right. If you think shrouds arent the most OP unit in game, you havent played the game right. If you think blisterbacks arent good, you havent played the game right. Banished is hands down balanced with UNSC.
How do Grunts not suck? Their Y ability doesn't even work half the time and they're just awful early game. They're head and shoulders below Marines before and after Pack Brother. Marines can heal which is a crock of -Yoink-. Idk how UNSC ever lose. They literally have 3 methods of healing to choose from. Banished for the most part has 1. Shrouds are OP?😂
You obviously havent played this game much :D. Grunts are not going to 1v1 a marine. Thats why the cost less make 1/3 faster. The mines are supposed to work differently than grenades. They arent meant to spam all at once they are strategically placed. Engineers are lightyears better than nightengales for healing. The shield is a 40% damage reduction. People seem to think shrouds are solely used for cloaking. Want to stop snipers? Get a shroud. Want to stop warthogs, get a shroud. Want to stop tanks, kodiaks, grenades etc... get a shroud. Oh not to mention atriox chosen which can solo an entire army of marines. Forgot to mention all 3 of the banished leaders have good leader powers. Atriox has the best hands down best economy in game. I can keep going...
So in exchange for grunts being 50 less resources and being able to build quicker, they're supposed to be trash in comparison😑? So in exchange for Engineers being better healers, the UNSC is given restoration drones and an upgrade that turns Marines into healers😑?

Atriox Chosen can take out a Marine army by himself😑? Now I'm starting to think that you're the one who hasn't played this game much.. 2 UNSC leaders can get free units upon death, Anders Sentinel wave lasts forever, Sentinels spawn around artillery, Cutter can drop ODSTs, Anders Sentinels are a passive leader power, Isabel can take control of vehicles, Archer Missiles do a lot of damage, Isabel gives Tanks and Nightingales shields and a Mac Blast can do as much damage as atriox's beam. Idk where you're getting "Banished have way better leader powers" from. Shipmasters best ability is a giant catch 22 and displacement doesn't even send troops that far away..

Do you know just how tedious it is to place mines 1-by-1? It takes time out of base building. It'd be much more practical for them to all be sent out at once in an area.
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:

Everything the Banished have is a -Yoink- version of the UNSC, except Banshee's and Locusts. I mained UNSC in both betas, and swapped to Banished, because the UNSC gameplay takes zero skill.
Stop it with the "no skill" thing. I've been hearing it since 2009. UNSC takes just as much skill as the Banished. Or have you never heard of Nakamura RTS?
UNSC pre-update were notorious for spamming. Anders spammed the only OP unit in the game, Forge spammed jackrabbits and rushed bases at 3 minutes and all 4 leaders Marine rushed.

Meanwhile, the closest thing us Banished players have to a rush are JumpBrutes. Grunts suck, we don't have an OP unit to rely solely upon, we have to actually strategize when rushing instead of upgrading Marines ONE level before wiping out a base, we don't have a unit like Vultures that can wipe out a base in 8 seconds and even your Super unit is better. UNSC even has unique units for Christ's sake...
LOL. No just no. If you think Atriox chosen is worse than unsc you havent played the game right. If you think grunts suck, you havent played the game right. If you think shrouds arent the most OP unit in game, you havent played the game right. If you think blisterbacks arent good, you havent played the game right. Banished is hands down balanced with UNSC.
How do Grunts not suck? Their Y ability doesn't even work half the time and they're just awful early game. They're head and shoulders below Marines before and after Pack Brother. Marines can heal which is a crock of -Yoink-. Idk how UNSC ever lose. They literally have 3 methods of healing to choose from. Banished for the most part has 1. Shrouds are OP?😂
You obviously havent played this game much :D. Grunts are not going to 1v1 a marine. Thats why the cost less make 1/3 faster. The mines are supposed to work differently than grenades. They arent meant to spam all at once they are strategically placed. Engineers are lightyears better than nightengales for healing. The shield is a 40% damage reduction. People seem to think shrouds are solely used for cloaking. Want to stop snipers? Get a shroud. Want to stop warthogs, get a shroud. Want to stop tanks, kodiaks, grenades etc... get a shroud. Oh not to mention atriox chosen which can solo an entire army of marines. Forgot to mention all 3 of the banished leaders have good leader powers. Atriox has the best hands down best economy in game. I can keep going...
So in exchange for grunts being 50 less resources and being able to build quicker, they're supposed to be trash in comparison😑? So in exchange for Engineers being better healers, the UNSC is given restoration drones and an upgrade that turns Marines into healers😑?

Atriox Chosen can take out a Marine army by himself😑? Now I'm starting to think that you're the one who hasn't played this game much.. 2 UNSC leaders can get free units upon death, Anders Sentinel wave lasts forever, Sentinels spawn around artillery, Cutter can drop ODSTs, Anders Sentinels are a passive leader power, Isabel can take control of vehicles, Archer Missiles do a lot of damage, Isabel gives Tanks and Nightingales shields and a Mac Blast can do as much damage as atriox's beam.

Do you know just how tedious it is to place mines 1-by-1? It takes time out of base building. It'd be much more practical for them to all be sent out at once in an area.
Ok so lets break down this incredibly wrong statement. If you do 2 Marines vs 3 grunts (same build time and cost) the grunts win. All 3 banished have healing. Atriox gets bulwark (which is not just a heal but an invincibility), shipmaster gets extraction, and decimus gets a PERMANENT passive that heals. Shrouds 100% shut down kodiak sentinel artillery spam. Cutter odst drop... lets see suicide grunts, engineer / ranger / hunter drop. Shipmaster has easily some of the most effective leader powers between teleport, displacement, extraction, and tactical gateway, oh yea his scout mine if used properly can take out 20+ marines. Isabel is actually just garbage still... Her shielded scorps are actually bad. Mac blast in no way is near eradication at all. glassing beam lasts longer and can chase units where you can avoid / bulwark macblast. Anders sentinel wave is actually not good you can 100% avoid them except when they pass over a base and they cant kill a base. "base buildling" errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr what the heck does this even mean. You do realize its legit 1 click 1 hotkey to "base build" this game is an RTS it requires micro not "base build." I in no way am trying to be disrespectful but if you spend that much time on base building then you probably should go play minecraft.
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:

Atriox Chosen can take out a Marine army by himself😑? Now I'm starting to think that you're the one who hasn't played this game much.. 2 UNSC leaders can get free units upon death, Anders Sentinel wave lasts forever, Sentinels spawn around artillery, Cutter can drop ODSTs, Anders Sentinels are a passive leader power, Isabel can take control of vehicles, Archer Missiles do a lot of damage, Isabel gives Tanks and Nightingales shields and a Mac Blast can do as much damage as atriox's beam.

Ok so lets break down this incredibly wrong statement. If you do 2 Marines vs 3 grunts (same build time and cost) the grunts win. All 3 banished have healing. Atriox gets bulwark (which is not just a heal but an invincibility), shipmaster gets extraction, and decimus gets a PERMANENT passive that heals. Shrouds 100% shut down kodiak sentinel artillery spam. Cutter odst drop... lets see suicide grunts, engineer / ranger / hunter drop. Shipmaster has easily some of the most effective leader powers between teleport, displacement, extraction, and tactical gateway, oh yea his scout mine if used properly can take out 20+ marines. Isabel is actually just garbage still... Her shielded scorps are actually bad. Mac blast in no way is near eradication at all. glassing beam lasts longer and can chase units where you can avoid / bulwark macblast. Anders sentinel wave is actually not good you can 100% avoid them except when they pass over a base and they cant kill a base. "base buildling" errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr what the heck does this even mean. You do realize its legit 1 click 1 hotkey to "base build" this game is an RTS it requires micro not "base build." I in no way am trying to be disrespectful but if you spend that much time on base building then you probably should go play minecraft.
  1. I've seen grunts v. Marines and not once have I seen 3 grunts beat 2 marines. Not once in both Skirmish or Multiplayer.
  2. Decimus has healing? If you mean Boundless Siphon, then that doesn't count. Shipmasters Extraction sends you back to your home base. It's not 'on the fly' healing like Marines or Nightingales or Restoration Drones.
  3. Cutter can drop an Assault group and Forge can drop in Grizzlies IIRC.
  4. What does Scout mine do against everything else though...? 20+ Marines?! Really dude😑..
  5. Mac Blast does more damage than the lvl 1 and 2 cleansing beams and can legit wipe out an army. Just like eradication.
  6. UNSC doesn't take much skill to get good with. Just like in Halo Wars 1.
I agree Rangers still feel like crap. But suicide grunts are pretty good.
Banished have a huge advantage over UNSC. Their main infantry unit is cheaper, made faster, and stronger than the UNSC's squad. They get a base shield and cloak. They get apex and raid camp at tech one while UNSC has to wait to tech two to get an airpad. They also have a unit specifically designed for demolition, I don't think the UNSC has that specific of a unit
Lol. Can't someone just take a nuanced position for once? Banished isn't anywhere near OP. UNSC does not take less skill than the Banished.
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:

1. I've seen grunts v. Marines and not once have I seen 3 grunts beat 2 marines. Not once in both Skirmish or Multiplayer.
  2. Decimus has healing? If you mean Boundless Siphon, then that doesn't count. Shipmasters Extraction sends you back to your home base. It's not 'on the fly' healing like Marines or Nightingales or Restoration Drones.
  4. What does Scout mine do against everything else though...? 20+ Marines?! Really dude😑..
  5. Mac Blast does more damage than the lvl 1 and 2 cleansing beams and can legit wipe out an army. Just like eradication.
Oh God. I'm just going to link you to an old Anders mirror on Pirth to prove your last point wrong. The other guy will likely take care of the rest. I'm too tired for this. You are incredibly misinformed.
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:

Im going to call you wrong5K from now on.
1) you have not seen 3 grunts lose to 2 marines post patch unless they have grenades
2) Decimus has literally 2 other passives that heal PASSIVELY. I would take extraction over drones 100%. If you think drones will heal through the same damage as GETTING out of a fight you are incredibly misguided again.
3) And the 4th abilities for all 3 are better than the grizzly drop or assault drop.. Displacement, Teleport, and Passive heal.
4) Scout mine will literally either 1 shot or bring to a sliver of health any ground unit not just marines.
5) If youre losing your whole army to mac blast then that is literally your fault for not having map awareness.
6) LOL. ok bud.
7) I can tell literally by all of the "points" youve made that you clearly have not played very much multiplayer. You will in time realize the longer you play how wrong you are. As the previous guy said you are incredibly misinformed. Want proof? Watch my stream or solids stream or aykonz stream or metaloids stream.... We all main banished and we all the same thought.
I really hope that we gather a Covenant leader with a unique version of the Rangers. I'd love to see Halo Reach elite jet pack Rangers with focus rifles jumping around the map slicing up Infantry.

Hell it would be cool to have a full elite Conversion faction with elites leading grunts, jet pack Ranger snipers, cloaked CQB sword elite packs (non hero weaker versions of honour guard.)
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:

1) you have not seen 3 grunts lose to 2 marines post patch unless they have grenades
2) Decimus has literally 2 other passives that heal PASSIVELY. I would take extraction over drones 100%. If you think drones will heal through the same damage as GETTING out of a fight you are incredibly misguided again.
3) And the 4th abilities for all 3 are better than the grizzly drop or assault drop.. Displacement, Teleport, and Passive heal.
4) Scout mine will literally either 1 shot or bring to a sliver of health any ground unit not just marines.
5) If youre losing your whole army to mac blast then that is literally your fault for not having map awareness.
6) LOL. ok bud.
7) I can tell literally by all of the "points" youve made that you clearly have not played very much multiplayer. You will in time realize the longer you play how wrong you are. As the previous guy said you are incredibly misinformed. Want proof? Watch my stream or solids stream or aykonz stream or metaloids stream.... We all main banished and we all the same thought.
I dropped a scout mine and a grizzly ran over it. Guess what happened?! Took down 1 bar of health. I also dropped 1 near a wathog and it took down half a bar of health. You're killing me with you're wrong-ness dude lol
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:

Oh God. I'm just going to link you to an old Anders mirror on Pirth to prove your last point wrong. The other guy will likely take care of the rest. I'm too tired for this. You are incredibly misinformed.
How many top players mained Covenant🤔? How many top players main Banished🤔? Pre-update, I don't think it was a Banished player in the top 50.
Wtf is this? Why is the banished anti infantry tech 2 and why are they so weak compaired to snipers and flamethrowers? And why does the flamethrowers/snipers HAVE upgrades and the banshed anti infantry has nothing? This game is really unbalanced..
You know vehicles are anti-infantry too?

Banished have a huge advantage over UNSC. Their main infantry unit is cheaper, made faster, and stronger than the UNSC's squad. They get a base shield and cloak. They get apex and raid camp at tech one while UNSC has to wait to tech two to get an airpad. They also have a unit specifically designed for demolition, I don't think the UNSC has that specific of a unit
Fire. The UNSC has fire.

Though some might say fire (Hellbringsrs and Flame Hogs) doesn't count
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:

6) LOL. ok bud.
"Being right isn't a democracy"

-Agent Washington, Red vs Blue season 6
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:

How many top players mained Covenant🤔? How many top players main Banished🤔? Pre-update, I don't think it was a Banished player in the top 50.
Lol, I'm a top player and I main Covenant. As for Banished, I will once again point you in the direction of MetaloidMonkey. It would behoove you to stop ignoring him.
Wraith Tanks are extremely unbalanced. They absolutely destroy all ground vehicles. They make quick work of Scorpion Tanks and Grizzlies no contest which it should be. Also they will even destroy entire armies of anti vehicle such as Cyclops with ease.
Wraith Tanks are extremely unbalanced. They absolutely destroy all ground vehicles. They make quick work of Scorpion Tanks and Grizzlies no contest which it should be. Also they will even destroy entire armies of anti vehicle such as Cyclops with ease.
really?? i should test this!
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:

Oh my... Yyyeeaaaahhh... The skill ceiling for wars 1 is pretty high guy. It took me around a year to become truly high level. And that was studying and playing for a long time..

I think we can all agree that that last point is way off at least.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2