Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Banished Jackels - A Good or Bad idea?

OP Sgt Palooggoo

Ten-Hut!
Salutations Marines, if you search The Halo Wars 2 Forums for a bit, the odds are you'll see someone say that he/she wants Jackels to be in the Banished.
I don't think the Jackels are a very good idea for the Banished personally.
Here's why:
  • It makes the Banished Special.
    Spoiler:
    Show
  • It's realistic.
    Spoiler:
    Show
  • Is it necessary?
    Spoiler:
    Show
  • It's not even technically possible at this point in the Game's life span.
    Spoiler:
    Show
  • All the Jackel's gameplay & story elements have been filled basically.
    Spoiler:
    Show
  • The End
Well, that's why I think Jackels aren't a good idea for the Banished.
What do you think?
Love anything with the word Jackals, Prophets, or flood. But do you honestly think what HW2 needs is another leader? I'm afraid a new leader with this many unique units and powers would just throw a wrench in our nearly balanced meta! Hopefully Jackals return in HW3.
Love anything with the word Jackals, Prophets, or flood. But do you honestly think what HW2 needs is another leader? I'm afraid a new leader with this many unique units and powers would just throw a wrench in our nearly balanced meta! Hopefully Jackals return in HW3.
I think the right time to bring them in would be in HW3, make Atriox calls in a mercenary he knew from the war as back up or something.
There isn't much point in this type of conjecture. Asking that they be considered for HW3 would be more realistic as nothing new will be added to HW2 from here, just balance changes.

So besides that glaring issue, I do agree that adding jackals is also unnecessary to the brute dynamic. I felt jackal savagery complimented their elite captains by contrast but the brutes have that all handled on their own.
...as nothing new will be added to HW2 from here, just balance changes.
That's not entirely true my friend. It would be very difficult yes to make such large changes as doing an entire new leader with units and abilities would require a full on development cycle so it's less likely over other things, but we are working on more things than just balance changes at this point.
Hey Postums you made it!
I knew you weren't just doing balance changes!
🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊 🍻
Btw my buddy Postums, where are you on the whole Banished Jackels debate?
  • Do you think its a good idea?
  • Or a bad idea?
Postums wrote:
...as nothing new will be added to HW2 from here, just balance changes.
That's not entirely true my friend. It would be very difficult yes to make such large changes as doing an entire new leader with units and abilities would require a full on development cycle so it's less likely over other things, but we are working on more things than just balance changes at this point.
Capture the Flag?! :D